BLACK FOLKS: IF THE G'MENT OFFERED YOU 1MILL TO LEAVE AMERICA TO GO TO AFRICA AND NEVER COME BACK

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hell yeah!, Take my ass to the Mother Land!
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Nope, This is my home, I aint going nowhere! YMCMB/ABCDEFG
    The Kingdoms in West Africa were knee deep profiting from the slave trade btw.
    http://www.pbs.org/wonders/Episodes/Epi3/slave_2.htm
    Precolonial empires such as Dahomey and Ashanti (located in what is now Benin and Ghana), where slave ports at Ouidah and Elmina flourished, accumulated enormous wealth and power as a result of the trade of their fellow Africans.
    In fact, Europeans often acted as junior partners to African rulers

At least they said sorry for whatever that's worth.

Africans Have Apologized for Slavery, So Why Won’t the US?
    http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/2014/06/why_won_t_the_united_states_apologize_for_slavery.htm
    In 1999 the president of Benin, a neighbor of Nigeria, apologized for his nation’s role in slavery. In 2006 Ghana apologized to American descendants of slaves. A few months ago a Cameroonian chieftain apologized to an African American who’d traced his lineage to a couple of local clans. Other West African tribal leaders have done the same.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    purpngold wrote: »
    lmao at the results being dead even i honestly didn't expect that

nah.. jus checked..
    them African ? Scratchers are up by one..

? hope a craccer egg your Merc @BOSSExcellence‌

no matter..
    i get free washes at any dealership.. and complimentary coffee at the S Class Cafe..

i dont drink coffee tho.. :(
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought there would at least be more optimistic views on this.

Even if they allowed you to come visit your "white daddy chef" whenever you wanted, I think the majority of people that would stay, say so out of complacency. Comfortable in this illusion of equality that's as fragile as an inflated balloon. All these "what if" problems of Africa, slave labor pride, and how blacks can't handle money sound like excuses to keep suffering the real problems we face in America now.

I say suffer because all this stuff that people say we built, we don't fight for it like we built it. Not as we should.

And they seem to knock it without considering the possibilities of what we can accomplish with million dollar backed emigration to Africa. All we need is a plan, our plan, of what to do there. But it seems too me that folks seriously underestimate people of our own color more than they should.

I'm reminded of how illegal immigrants die or risk imprisonment just for the chance to leave and prosper elsewhere with nothing but faith. Y'all turning down a million dollars and the country of your choice on a continent that just might hire you regardless of how "ethnic" your name is.

This is sadly humorous. Everybody wants to be a ? , but ? don't wanna be African.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zombie‌
    You came to American instead of Africa. Why?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    I think the point he is making is cool, blacks did all this. What do we have to show for it?

Not a damn thing but what does that have to do with going to Africa?

It offers a possible solution. kf you arent being properly compensated at one place you would move on yes?

You could or you could fight for proper compensation in your home. Like it or not America is your home now. Not Africa. We who are descendants of the victims of the Diaspora have a culture that is distinct from the cultures of Africa. If you're from New Jersey then you have more of a cultural connection to a Black man from California than a Black man from Angola. That's just reality. I'm not saying we don't have a connection to our African brothers and sisters because they're fighting the same war against white supremacy,oppression, and exploitatoin we are just on a different front. Us abandoning our front won't turn the tides of that.

And for those that think there won't be any animosity between an influx of a new millionaire class of foreign Blacks and native Blacks of these African nations that you'd be emigrating to, I suggest you do some research on how the last U.S Government sponsored back to Africa project worked out (Liberia).

I think the bottom line is that you guys just dont like Africa/Africans. You guys feel a stronger connection to your slavers than your cousins. If the goal is to fight on this front then we are doing a poor job
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I think the point he is making is cool, blacks did all this. What do we have to show for it?

It offers a possible solution. kf you arent being properly compensated at one place you would move on yes?

You could or you could fight for proper compensation in your home. Like it or not America is your home now. Not Africa. We who are descendants of the victims of the Diaspora have a culture that is distinct from the cultures of Africa. If you're from New Jersey then you have more of a cultural connection to a Black man from California than a Black man from Angola. That's just reality. I'm not saying we don't have a connection to our African brothers and sisters because they're fighting the same war against white supremacy,oppression, and exploitatoin we are just on a different front. Us abandoning our front won't turn the tides of that.

And for those that think there won't be any animosity between an influx of a new millionaire class of foreign Blacks and native Blacks of these African nations that you'd be emigrating to, I suggest you do some research on how the last U.S Government sponsored back to Africa project worked out (Liberia).

I think the bottom line is that you guys just dont like Africa/Africans. You guys feel a stronger connection to your slavers than your cousins. If the goal is to fight on this front then we are doing a poor job

So there isn't a third option? Feeling no affinity for Africa and not loving the white man? My people been here for a few hundred years now and survived all sorts of conditions to be the most copied, yet most hated group of people in the world. I don't identify with anybody but my people.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Precolonial empires such as Dahomey and Ashanti (located in what is now Benin and Ghana), where slave ports at Ouidah and Elmina flourished, accumulated enormous wealth and power as a result of the trade of their fellow Africans.

At least they said sorry for what that's worth.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/2014/06/why_won_t_the_united_states_apologize_for_slavery.htm
    In 1999 the president of Benin, a neighbor of Nigeria, apologized for his nation’s role in slavery. In 2006 Ghana apologized to American descendants of slaves. A few months ago a Cameroonian chieftain apologized to an African American who’d traced his lineage to a couple of local clans. Other West African tribal leaders have done the same.
    kzzl wrote: »

Even if they allowed you to come visit your "white daddy chef" whenever you wanted, I think the majority of people that would stay, say so out of complacency. Comfortable in this illusion of equality that's as fragile as an inflated balloon. All these "what if" problems of Africa, slave labor pride, and how blacks can't handle money sound like excuses to keep suffering the real problems we face in America now.

I say suffer because all this stuff that people say we built, we don't fight for it like we built it. Not as we should.

And they seem to knock it without considering the possibilities of what we can accomplish with million dollar backed emigration to Africa. All we need is a plan, our plan, of what to do there. But it seems too me that folks seriously underestimate people of our own color more than they should.

I'm reminded of how illegal immigrants die or risk imprisonment just for the chance to leave and prosper elsewhere with nothing but faith. Y'all turning down a million dollars and the country of your choice on a continent that just might hire you regardless of how "ethnic" your name is.

This is sadly humorous. Everybody wants to be a ? , but ? don't wanna be African.

Like I said before...this thread is a ? exposure thread.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    @zombie‌
    You came to American instead of Africa. Why?

i am planning to go to africa i already have a brother living in ghana but i came here for the money like i said i feel no affinity for any nation-state so it was all about going to where i could build myself the fastest and biggest. you ? born here and still starving that's on you
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

So there isn't a third option? Feeling no affinity for Africa and not loving the white man? My people been here for a few hundred years now and survived all sorts of conditions to be the most copied, yet most hated group of people in the world. I don't identify with anybody but my people.

there is but the Murica folks in here are ignoring it. thee way eye see it is there are three options for blacks: assimiliation, seperation, or repatriation

Seperation is what you're hinting at i think. if blacks could consolidate power and ownership over the AA homeland 275px-Black_belt_counties.png

i think this would be the best case scenario to ensure the future of blacks actually
  • zombie
    Options

when i first came to america i had no affinity for african amerians but i loved you regardless because i was rasied to recognize that in doing so i was loving myself and taking care of my own interest. germans don't like the french but you better believe they lock arms when needed.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah the actual bottom line is that "African-Americans" are a distinct ethnic group that was created as a result of 400+ years of Diaspora that has it's own culture, history, identity, and issues. We're both members of this ethnic group. You've made it clear that for a million dollars, you would abandon this ethnic group and never come back to go build with a group that you most likely have no actual ancestral ties to. And then you got the nerve to be righteous about it. Hilarious.
  • zombie
    Options
    i think the best option black people have would be the modernization of garvism in which we attempt to set up a nation/empire/ confederation on which the sun never sets like he wanted us to and also like he said there can be no freedom for the black race until there is a free and redeemed africa.
  • zombie
    Options

there is but the Murica folks in here are ignoring it. thee way eye see it is there are three options for blacks: assimiliation, seperation, or repatriation

Seperation is what you're hinting at i think. if blacks could consolidate power and ownership over the AA homeland 275px-Black_belt_counties.png

i think this would be the best case scenario to ensure the future of blacks actually

this would be great i don't think 2015 black folks are capable of it the last 60 years have really twisted the black mind
  • zombie
    Options

Nah the actual bottom line is that "African-Americans" are a distinct ethnic group that was created as a result of 400+ years of Diaspora that has it's own culture, history, identity, and issues. We're both members of this ethnic group. You've made it clear that for a million dollars, you would abandon this ethnic group and never come back to go build with a group that you most likely have no actual ancestral ties to. And then you got the nerve to be righteous about it. Hilarious.

yeah you have a 400 year history in america but it's been 400 years of tragedy do you want another 400 years of tragedy?? or do you want to help form the creation of a new world power
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

. We're both members of this ethnic group.

how do you know this?

You've made it clear that for a million dollars, you would abandon this ethnic group and never come back to go build with a group that you most likely have no actual ancestral ties to.

quote me where i said that?

Face you, YOU don't want anything to do with Africa because you fear/dislike/are ignorant of it. You relate to your slavers more. its not surprising i guess, since blacks in the US retain the least amount of African culture of the diaspora
  • zombie
    edited September 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    KingSimba wrote: »
    Basically bruh us saying that a farmers "tools" can't take credit for the yield of his land...

the farmer is the one that used what he had wisely and "built" his farm with the resources that he had. The planning and the execution of those plans where drawn up by the farmer. This is likened to how America was established.

When are we gonna make use of our own "resources" and build something we can truly call our own?

When the "tool" is a hammer then no, it can't take credit because it doesn't have the ability to---it's an inanimate object. We're talking about PEOPLE here. Our very own ancestors. This is a crazy idea that Blacks didn't contribute to the success of this nation. I've honestly never heard anybody ever say anything like this, other than white supremacists of course.

when did i say that?? i said blacks did not build america and we cannot take credit for the superpower status of this nation either. did blacks contribute?? yeah i guess you could say so but not really because we were forced too we had no choice in the matter. you have not heard this before because you have the heard lies that keep black people unable to properly orientate ourselves in this brutal competition based society.
    when did i say that??
    did blacks contribute?? yeah i guess you could say so but not really because we were forced too we had no choice in the matter

You literally just said it in the same paragraph that you denied saying it...ummmm alright then

there is a question mark around black "contributing" to the building of america since for the most part we were forced. is a forced contribution a real contribution?? is what we need to ask ourselves that was the point of that post sorry you did not get it

A forced contribution that brought real results is a real contribution.

according to you
    because the word contribution has always connoted a willingness on the part of the one contributing.
    I don't see any part of the definition that denotes the 'willingness' of a contributor.
    gQh1TrW.jpg

the definiation you gave starts off with "A GIFT " to a common fund nothing is a gift about slave labor and and common funds are shared, nothing was really shared about the profits from slave labor
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

when i first came to america i had no affinity for african amerians but i loved you regardless because i was rasied to recognize that in doing so i was loving myself and taking care of my own interest. germans don't like the french but you better believe they lock arms when needed.

When was that? Germans were never cool with the french. They had more wars then i can count. Anyway, you are a very rare individual because you have more connections to Africa then any African American or many Jamaicans. I don't think you love African Americans at all with all the ? you be talking.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited September 2014
    Options

At least they said sorry for what that's worth.

kzzl wrote: »

Like I said before...this thread is a ? exposure thread.

So exposing the truth is coonery? Nobody nowhere gives a flying ? about the offspring of the American slave. Deal with it.
  • zombie
    edited September 2014
    Options

When was that? Germans were never cool with the french. They had more wars then i can count. Anyway, you are a very rare individual because you have more connections to Africa then any African American or many Jamaicans. I don't think you love African Americans at all with all the ? you be talking.

germany and france are in the EU together right??? ok then they don't have to love each other but there interest coincide. i do love african americans AND it's exactly because i love you that i am telling you this.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

If you think on it, many African Americans have more claim to this land then others would like to admit to. Many of us mixed with Natives. It's not an overwhelming percentage as many think though even though i know i am. They don't love us either though.

Native American roots in Black America run deep
    http://thegrio.com/2012/11/22/native-american-roots-in-black-america-run-deep/
    Do you have Indian in your family? That’s a common question asked in the black community. Many African-Americans lay claim to Native American ancestry, and yet very few blacks have taken the steps to research this part of their history, to learn about their Native American roots and embrace the culture.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

If you think on it, many African Americans have more claim to this land then others would like to admit to. Many of us mixed with Natives. It's not an overwhelming percentage as many think though even though i know i am. They don't love us either though.

Do you have Indian in your family? That’s a common question asked in the black community. Many African-Americans lay claim to Native American ancestry, and yet very few blacks have taken the steps to research this part of their history, to learn about their Native American roots and embrace the culture.

Actually despite common belief, most blacks have more Euro ancestry than Native (obviously not in your case). it depends where your family is from. some blacks from Louisiana, Arkansas have East Asian ancestry
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

germany and france are in the EU together right??? ok then they don't have to love each other but there interest coincide. i do love african americans AND it's exactly because i love you that i am telling you this.

I was joking about the Germany vs France thing, but regardless, that situation is completely different. They are regional powers that have to deal with one another yet they still exist separately. We are an ocean away and have nothing in common other than our skin. Nobody said we couldn't do business, but folks telling us to abandon the crackers paradise like we haven't built a nation here. I would rather us embrace what we have and what we fought for.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

Actually despite common belief, most blacks have more Euro ancestry than Native (obviously not in your case). it depends where your family is from. some blacks from Louisiana, Arkansas have East Asian ancestry

That's why i said many but not as overwhelming as people think. That ? DNA more obvious fact that is very known. The less obvious fact is that it wasn't all because of ? . Many blacks commingled with European immigrants. The East Asian ancestry is interesting. Have any articles on that?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

. We're both members of this ethnic group.

how do you know this?

You've made it clear that for a million dollars, you would abandon this ethnic group and never come back to go build with a group that you most likely have no actual ancestral ties to.

quote me where i said that?

Face you, YOU don't want anything to do with Africa because you fear/dislike/are ignorant of it. You relate to your slavers more. its not surprising i guess, since blacks in the US retain the least amount of African culture of the diaspora

You're right, I'm Black American and I had no reason to assume you were too. My apologies.

As far as the bolded, I think you're displaying your own ignorance more than anything. It's funny you bring up relating to slavers when it's a well known fact that many West African tribes were complicit or actively involved in the slave trade, and many West African tribes got rich off of the trans-atlantic slave trade. Maybe you should do some more research.

And in response to the underlined: that's a purely arbitrary statement and you can't prove that