BLACK FOLKS: IF THE G'MENT OFFERED YOU 1MILL TO LEAVE AMERICA TO GO TO AFRICA AND NEVER COME BACK

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, This is my home, I aint going nowhere! YMCMB/ABCDEFG
    zombie wrote: »
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    I think the point he is making is cool, blacks did all this. What do we have to show for it?

Not a damn thing but what does that have to do with going to Africa?

It offers a possible solution. kf you arent being properly compensated at one place you would move on yes?

You could or you could fight for proper compensation in your home. Like it or not America is your home now. Not Africa. We who are descendants of the victims of the Diaspora have a culture that is distinct from the cultures of Africa. If you're from New Jersey then you have more of a cultural connection to a Black man from California than a Black man from Angola. That's just reality. I'm not saying we don't have a connection to our African brothers and sisters because they're fighting the same war against white supremacy,oppression, and exploitatoin we are just on a different front. Us abandoning our front won't turn the tides of that.

And for those that think there won't be any animosity between an influx of a new millionaire class of foreign Blacks and native Blacks of these African nations that you'd be emigrating to, I suggest you do some research on how the last U.S Government sponsored back to Africa project worked out (Liberia).

I think the bottom line is that you guys just dont like Africa/Africans. You guys feel a stronger connection to your slavers than your cousins. If the goal is to fight on this front then we are doing a poor job

Nah the actual bottom line is that "African-Americans" are a distinct ethnic group that was created as a result of 400+ years of Diaspora that has it's own culture, history, identity, and issues. We're both members of this ethnic group. You've made it clear that for a million dollars, you would abandon this ethnic group and never come back to go build with a group that you most likely have no actual ancestral ties to. And then you got the nerve to be righteous about it. Hilarious.

yeah you have a 400 year history in america but it's been 400 years of tragedy do you want another 400 years of tragedy?? or do you want to help form the creation of a new world power

The OP says nothing about creation or co-ordination to form a new world power. It just says take payment and leave and go anywhere in Africa.

I respect your decision though because you're not "African-American". You just came for the money anyway so it makes sense for you to leave for the money. You have no ties to the history or people here like that. I look at Blacks in America as more "my people" than I do Blacks of the entire continent of Africa, because of our shared culture, history, language, struggle etc..

See that's the difference between me and you i look at ALL BLACK/AFRICAN PEOPLE as my people so to me location makes little difference. THE removal of rich african americans from america to africa would eventual lead to the creation of a great power nation because the kind of people that would leave would be the correct ones. most black people in america unfortunately are like you and would refuse to go.

you can keep your connection to your ethic group without staying here no matter what you would still be african-american i am no longer in jamaica but i am still jamaican.

How much of an African-American would I be if I was banned from ever returning to America? At that point you wouldn't be American or truly African. You'd be in a cultural/identity limbo.

You honestly think that people who have nothing going for them here in America would turn down a million dollars just for moving?

You honestly think people on welfare, people in public housing would turn down being a millionaire overnight because they feel so safe in the projects and think Africa is big and scary?

In regards to all Black/African people being my people. I believe the same in a sense..I look at Black Americans as being my brothers/sisters and Africans as being my relatives.

You will be african american now until the day you die you could go live in japan it would make no difference

yes i do think that many african americans with nothing going for them in here would turn down the money because from everything that i have witnessed from african americans many of you are scared ? less of anything dealing with africa. and that goes especially so for the undereducated african americans who mostly are the people in the projects you are speaking about them ? are going nowhere

Those would be the people most comfortable with living in broke ass Africa. I could see them taking over a Village like they take over the block.

nah, trust me being broke in america is not like being broke in africa. there is no welfare or white man to blame for your ass not being ambitious in africa.

You probably didn't get the memo, but there are no more free rides with welfare. Unless you have a million kids, yo ass gotta work.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who cares is african empires benefited from slavery or not that's the past we have to do what's in our best interest right now SO THAT WE CAN HAVE A FUTURE and the upkeep of this divide benefits no one except the people who currently run the world. Enough of this ? you ? in american want to keep fighting and attain nothing in the long run go right ahead.

But you came to America to attain....what exactly. You're going to completely downplay the opportunities that America has to offer in theory, but in actuality when it came time to decide where to go to achieve prosperity you didn't go to Africa, you came to America. Interesting.

A million dollars won't guarantee that you'll be set for life anywhere in the world unless you plan on living meagerly.

i already said why i came to america it was the quickest place for me to come to where i could attain wealth. i almost chose england. i am glad for the opportunities america has given me but there is no emotional connections with this entity call the united states. for now our interest go hand in hand so i ride with it, coming here was kind of a business decision nothing more and i will leave here when i think i can profit more elsewhere.

Exactly so you going to Africa would purely be self-financially motivated, not some "Black empowerment" thing that people in here are trying to portray. It's easy for you to leave America because you have no generational ties to this country. Compare that to people who were born and raised here, who's grandparents and parents fought for a better way of life here, who's ancestors overcame numerous hurdles and made great progress. The fight ain't close to over but you're making it seem like Blacks in America have had NO victory and NOTHING to be proud of.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    who cares is african empires benefited from slavery or not that's the past we have to do what's in our best interest right now SO THAT WE CAN HAVE A FUTURE and the upkeep of this divide benefits no one except the people who currently run the world. Enough of this ? you ? in american want to keep fighting and attain nothing in the long run go right ahead.

But you came to America to attain....what exactly. You're going to completely downplay the opportunities that America has to offer in theory, but in actuality when it came time to decide where to go to achieve prosperity you didn't go to Africa, you came to America. Interesting.

A million dollars won't guarantee that you'll be set for life anywhere in the world unless you plan on living meagerly.

i already said why i came to america it was the quickest place for me to come to where i could attain wealth. i almost chose england. i am glad for the opportunities america has given me but there is no emotional connections with this entity call the united states. for now our interest go hand in hand so i ride with it, coming here was kind of a business decision nothing more and i will leave here when i think i can profit more elsewhere.

Exactly so you going to Africa would purely be self-financially motivated, not some "Black empowerment" thing that people in here are trying to portray. It's easy for you to leave America because you have no generational ties to this country. Compare that to people who were born and raised here, who's grandparents and parents fought for a better way of life here, who's ancestors overcame numerous hurdles and made great progress. The fight ain't close to over but you're making it seem like Blacks in America have had NO victory and NOTHING to be proud of.

what i am saying is that you can have no victory here only survival, the masses of black people will always be an underclass in america. improving your personal financial circumstances is part of black empowerment without it there can be no black empowerment. i have personal ties to jamaica but it was better for me and my race if i leave so i did. there is no special nation on earth to me the whole planet is home
  • zombie
    I think the point he is making is cool, blacks did all this. What do we have to show for it?

Not a damn thing but what does that have to do with going to Africa?

It offers a possible solution. kf you arent being properly compensated at one place you would move on yes?

You could or you could fight for proper compensation in your home. Like it or not America is your home now. Not Africa. We who are descendants of the victims of the Diaspora have a culture that is distinct from the cultures of Africa. If you're from New Jersey then you have more of a cultural connection to a Black man from California than a Black man from Angola. That's just reality. I'm not saying we don't have a connection to our African brothers and sisters because they're fighting the same war against white supremacy,oppression, and exploitatoin we are just on a different front. Us abandoning our front won't turn the tides of that.

And for those that think there won't be any animosity between an influx of a new millionaire class of foreign Blacks and native Blacks of these African nations that you'd be emigrating to, I suggest you do some research on how the last U.S Government sponsored back to Africa project worked out (Liberia).

I think the bottom line is that you guys just dont like Africa/Africans. You guys feel a stronger connection to your slavers than your cousins. If the goal is to fight on this front then we are doing a poor job

Nah the actual bottom line is that "African-Americans" are a distinct ethnic group that was created as a result of 400+ years of Diaspora that has it's own culture, history, identity, and issues. We're both members of this ethnic group. You've made it clear that for a million dollars, you would abandon this ethnic group and never come back to go build with a group that you most likely have no actual ancestral ties to. And then you got the nerve to be righteous about it. Hilarious.

yeah you have a 400 year history in america but it's been 400 years of tragedy do you want another 400 years of tragedy?? or do you want to help form the creation of a new world power

The OP says nothing about creation or co-ordination to form a new world power. It just says take payment and leave and go anywhere in Africa.

I respect your decision though because you're not "African-American". You just came for the money anyway so it makes sense for you to leave for the money. You have no ties to the history or people here like that. I look at Blacks in America as more "my people" than I do Blacks of the entire continent of Africa, because of our shared culture, history, language, struggle etc..

See that's the difference between me and you i look at ALL BLACK/AFRICAN PEOPLE as my people so to me location makes little difference. THE removal of rich african americans from america to africa would eventual lead to the creation of a great power nation because the kind of people that would leave would be the correct ones. most black people in america unfortunately are like you and would refuse to go.

you can keep your connection to your ethic group without staying here no matter what you would still be african-american i am no longer in jamaica but i am still jamaican.

How much of an African-American would I be if I was banned from ever returning to America? At that point you wouldn't be American or truly African. You'd be in a cultural/identity limbo.

You honestly think that people who have nothing going for them here in America would turn down a million dollars just for moving?

You honestly think people on welfare, people in public housing would turn down being a millionaire overnight because they feel so safe in the projects and think Africa is big and scary?

In regards to all Black/African people being my people. I believe the same in a sense..I look at Black Americans as being my brothers/sisters and Africans as being my relatives.

You will be african american now until the day you die you could go live in japan it would make no difference

yes i do think that many african americans with nothing going for them in here would turn down the money because from everything that i have witnessed from african americans many of you are scared ? less of anything dealing with africa. and that goes especially so for the undereducated african americans who mostly are the people in the projects you are speaking about them ? are going nowhere

Those would be the people most comfortable with living in broke ass Africa. I could see them taking over a Village like they take over the block.

nah, trust me being broke in america is not like being broke in africa. there is no welfare or white man to blame for your ass not being ambitious in africa.

You probably didn't get the memo, but there are no more free rides with welfare. Unless you have a million kids, yo ass gotta work.

yeah i don't know ? about welfare but i know the mentality of ? in the project and trust me most of them ? would go nowhere.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell yeah!, Take my ass to the Mother Land!

It doesn't matter what the OP says, we're telling you that's what we would do with the opportunity and why we said yes. A lot of us have real life plans of moving to the motherland anyhow, so the million would give us the or a boost we need to better plan our trip.

... You were speaking to another poster, but I am "African American", and I despise that we fall for the divide and conquer (the same thing you're doing now). It's stupid to look down upon or to purposely separate yourself from other black people.

At the bold part, what culture? What culture do we have? I was under the impression that the main problem with a lot of our people nowadays is they don't have any culture or any knowledge of self and history, so they don't know what they're capable of or where they're going.

Oh and the only ties I have with this country are my family. Everything else is not worthy of holding on to, or falls under the umbrella of black empowerment, which is in abundance in Africa.
  • Stiff

It doesn't matter what the OP says, we're telling you that's what we would do with the opportunity and why we said yes. A lot of us have real life plans of moving to the motherland anyhow, so the million would give us the or a boost we need to better plan our trip.

... You were speaking to another poster, but I am "African American", and I despise that we fall for the divide and conquer (the same thing you're doing now). It's stupid to look down upon or to purposely separate yourself from other black people.

At the bold part, what culture? What culture do we have? I was under the impression that the main problem with a lot of our people nowadays is they don't have any culture or any knowledge of self and history, so they don't know what they're capable of or where they're going.

Oh and the only ties I have with this country are my family. Everything else is not worthy of holding on to, or falls under the umbrella of black empowerment, which is in abundance in Africa.

Hip-Hop is one example. Our language, the way we communicate with each other here is unique. Our style of dress, our customs and sensibilities, soul food, our history etc. All of these things are our culture. Where did I say or give the impression that I look down on other Black people? I said they are our relatives (ie. family).

I'm definitely not falling for divide and conquer. I simply refuse to minimize the accomplishments or potential of Blacks in America.

And in regards to your belief on Black empowerment being in abundance in Africa, maybe you could explain to me why even though Africa is the most resource abundant continent in the world, Black Africans only account for 8 of the world's 1600 + billionaires? White supremacy reigns in Africa as well. If you're not going to fight it here, good luck fighting it there because you're not going to escape it by going to Africa.

If you would take the money and go then I'm not knocking you at all, I'm not even necessarily saying that I wouldn't as well. But i think it's crazy to say I'm "scared of my own people" or "looking down on Blacks" if I present reasons to stay. and support them with facts. Blacks have built alot in this country even though we still have a long way to go. There's a long way to go in Africa as well.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So do you guys who want to move to African plan on speaking the Native tongue when you get over there? I hope you don't go over there and plan on speaking the Kings English the entire time.
  • zombie
    So do you guys who want to move to African plan on speaking the Native tongue when you get over there? I hope you don't go over there and plan on speaking the Kings English the entire time.

english is the official language of many african nations
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Hip-Hop is one example. Our language, the way we communicate with each other here is unique. Our style of dress, our customs and sensibilities, soul food, our history etc. All of these things are our culture. Where did I say or give the impression that I look down on other Black people? I said they are our relatives (ie. family).

I'm definitely not falling for divide and conquer. I simply refuse to minimize the accomplishments or potential of Blacks in America.

And in regards to your belief on Black empowerment being in abundance in Africa, maybe you could explain to me why even though Africa is the most resource abundant continent in the world, Black Africans only account for 8 of the world's 1600 + billionaires? White supremacy reigns in Africa as well. If you're not going to fight it here, good luck fighting it there because you're not going to escape it by going to Africa.

If you would take the money and go then I'm not knocking you at all, I'm not even necessarily saying that I wouldn't as well. But i think it's crazy to say I'm "scared of my own people" or "looking down on Blacks" if I present reasons to stay. and support them with facts. Blacks have built alot in this country even though we still have a long way to go. There's a long way to go in Africa as well.

Hip-Hop was brought to life (first Hip-Hop tour and organization) by Afrika Bambaataa and the Zulu Nation (and others like Kool Herc who they got their DJ style from, Kool Herc, originally from Kingston Jamaica). Babaataa went to Africa witnessed the communities, saw the movie Zulu and his view shifted from violent to peaceful. I say that to say, our little bit of "culture" comes from the motherland. That's where our self worth and power comes from, which is why I refuse to divide our people.

Black empowerment in Africa is on a much higher scale than here in the U.S. Like I've pointed out earlier, the U.S. has declared a silent war on black people. Systematic racism all the way from police brutality, racist judges, racist hiring managers, racist law makers, exploitation of our "culture", media bias etc. There is no way to win here on a wide scale. Not to mention, they outweigh us in numbers by far and they're much more violent and deranged than us, so we can't move by force. You saw what happened in Ferguson, they'll go straight military on us with no ? given. They were waiting to unload on the protestors.

So yeah, I don't see how the U.S is any better for us than Africa. Africa has a long list of black presidents or people in power, plenty of opportunity business-wise, limitless potential, and black is the norm. They don't have a system, or better yet a trap set in place to purposely get rid of us. We could easily combine resources, ideas and build up a select few countries in Africa. We would actually be the majority there, and we could really make moves.
  • Stiff

Hip-Hop was brought to life (first Hip-Hop tour and organization) by Afrika Bambaataa and the Zulu Nation (and others like Kool Herc who they got their DJ style from, Kool Herc, originally from Kingston Jamaica). Babaataa went to Africa witnessed the communities, saw the movie Zulu and his view shifted from violent to peaceful. I say that to say, our little bit of "culture" comes from the motherland. That's where our self worth and power comes from, which is why I refuse to divide our people.

Black empowerment in Africa is on a much higher scale than here in the U.S. Like I've pointed out earlier, the U.S. has declared a silent war on black people. Systematic racism all the way from police brutality, racist judges, racist hiring managers, racist law makers, exploitation of our "culture", media bias etc. There is no way to win here on a wide scale. Not to mention, they outweigh us in numbers by far and they're much more violent and deranged than us, so we can't move by force. You saw what happened in Ferguson, they'll go straight military on us with no ? given. They were waiting to unload on the protestors.

So yeah, I don't see how the U.S is any better for us than Africa. Africa has a long list of black presidents or people in power, plenty of opportunity business-wise, limitless potential, and black is the norm. They don't have a system, or better yet a trap set in place to purposely get rid of us. We could easily combine resources, ideas and build up a select few countries in Africa. We would actually be the majority there, and we could really make moves.

Of course you can trace the roots of hip-hop back to Africa. You can trace alot of our culture back to Africa...we did in fact come from Africa. No denying that.

America is home to 30,000 Black millionaires out of 42 million total black people. The entire continent of Africa has 1.6 billion people and only 100,000 millionaires (even including non-black Arabs, and whites that moved to Africa). If you really think Black people are in control of the majority of Africa I suggest you do some research. The same war that exists on Black people in U.S. exists in Africa, don't be delusional.

You don't think exploitation exists in Africa at the hands of Europeans and now Chinese on an extremely large scale? Do some research on who's getting rich off of the resources of Africa. Also, please don't compare what happened in Ferguson to some of the violence that happens in Africa to Africans. Alot of these new nations are still dealing with problems that were created during the colonialism era. Of course that's not the entire continent but I don't see what you're getting at when you bring up Ferguson.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited September 2014

Of course you can trace the roots of hip-hop back to Africa. You can trace alot of our culture back to Africa...we did in fact come from Africa. No denying that.

America is home to 30,000 Black millionaires out of 42 million total black people. The entire continent of Africa has 1.6 billion people and only 100,000 millionaires (even including non-black Arabs, and whites that moved to Africa). If you really think Black people are in control of the majority of Africa I suggest you do some research. The same war that exists on Black people in U.S. exists in Africa, don't be delusional.

You don't think exploitation exists in Africa at the hands of Europeans and now Chinese on an extremely large scale? Do some research on who's getting rich off of the resources of Africa. Also, please don't compare what happened in Ferguson to some of the violence that happens in Africa to Africans. Alot of these new nations are still dealing with problems that were created during the colonialism era. Of course that's not the entire continent but I don't see what you're getting at when you bring up Ferguson.

What is this "move the goal post" style of posting you're using? Stay in the context of what this thread is about.

Are you forgetting that we start with a million US dollars on top of our current net worth before we make the trip? So the millionaire thing doesn't mean anything in the context of this thread, nor does being a millionaire mean the same thing in certain countries in Africa vs. the US, given important factors like the cost of living and currency conversion.

Not to mention, what does how many millionaire stats have to do with how well a nation is doing as a people? If everyone becomes a millionaire, the market adjusts, prices shoot up, purchasing power shoots down.

... My post was comparing the 2 situations. No one said exploitation didn't exist, I said there is a war on black people in the US and we're not even the majority, so we are at a lost no matter which way we try to move. In comparison to Africa and certain countries in Africa, where we are by far the majority.

The Ferguson thing was to show the blatant racism and how they have no problem escalating any issue when it comes to us and only us. It supports my war on black people statement. It has nothing to do with violence in certain areas in Africa, because once again, you can choose which country, city, neighborhood you live in. No one said you have to live in a war driven village, going through civil war.
  • zombie

You are missing the point. even with all the expoltation of africa it's still much more fertile soil for building a future than america is. these nations are only about 60 years old that means their growth potential is large in many places the people are still being educated on how to govern a modern state so there have been major ? ups but the general trend for many african nations has actually been upward.
  • Stiff

What is this "move the goal post" style of posting you're using? Stay in the context of what this thread is about.

Are you forgetting that we start with a million US dollars on top of our current net worth before we make the trip? So the millionaire thing doesn't mean anything in the context of this thread, nor does being a millionaire mean the same thing in certain countries in Africa vs. the US, given important factors like the cost of living and currency conversion.

Not to mention, what does how many millionaire stats have to do with how well a nation is doing as a people? If everyone becomes a millionaire, the market adjusts, prices shoot up, purchasing power shoots down.

... My post was comparing the 2 situations. No one said exploitation didn't exist, I said there is a war on black people in the US and we're not even the majority, so we are at a lost no matter which way we try to move. In comparison to Africa and certain countries in Africa, where we are by far the majority.

The Ferguson thing was to show the blatant racism and how they have no problem escalating any issue when it comes to us and only us. It supports my war on black people statement. It has nothing to do with violence in certain areas in Africa, because once again, you can choose which country, city, neighborhood you live in. No one said you have to live in a war driven village, going through civil war.

Everything in my post was a direct response to each point you made.I didn't "move any goal posts". I brought up millionaires to counter where you said "So yeah, I don't see how the U.S is any better for us than Africa. Africa has a long list of black presidents or people in power, plenty of opportunity business-wise, limitless potential, and black is the norm. "

Also this Africa that you dream of where everybody is united and there's one Black African race working for the greater good of all Black people isn't what the situation is. Each African nation is home to various ethnic groups and tribes that are in many cases working to better their own situation. There's discrimination and conflicts that happen within the Black race in Africa. There's examples of systematic oppression that Blacks impose on other Blacks. My point is that everything you're running from by leaving America, you can find examples of over there. So I'm saying if that's why you're leaving then it's not a good reason. Africa isn't hell on earth at all--but it has its share of challenges as well.

I've heard Ghana is a great place though so :shrug:

My main issue was with people saying that Blacks didn't help build this country or that we haven't built anything worthwhile here. Hence I point out the amount of Black millionaires, which per capita is way more than the amount of millionaires in Africa. You accused me of looking down on Blacks, while in the same post you deny the existence of a distinct African-American culture. It seems to me you're looking down on Blacks in America while bigging up those in Africa. I'm not looking down on anybody, just don't ? on what we've accomplished as a people in this nation. Our ancestors deserve better.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    u ? go move to Africa and all America gonna do is come over there on some "Manifest Destiny" ? ..

cold world..
    but dont trip.. they got blankets for u. lol
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything in my post was a direct response to each point you made.I didn't "move any goal posts". I brought up millionaires to counter where you said "So yeah, I don't see how the U.S is any better for us than Africa. Africa has a long list of black presidents or people in power, plenty of opportunity business-wise, limitless potential, and black is the norm. "

Also this Africa that you dream of where everybody is united and there's one Black African race working for the greater good of all Black people isn't what the situation is. Each African nation is home to various ethnic groups and tribes that are in many cases working to better their own situation. There's discrimination and conflicts that happen within the Black race in Africa. There's examples of systematic oppression that Blacks impose on other Blacks. My point is that everything you're running from by leaving America, you can find examples of over there. So I'm saying if that's why you're leaving then it's not a good reason. Africa isn't hell on earth at all--but it has its share of challenges as well.

My main issue was with people saying that Blacks didn't help build this country or that we haven't built anything worthwhile here. Hence I point out the amount of Black millionaires, which per capita is way more than the amount of millionaires in Africa. You accused me of looking down on Blacks, while in the same post you deny the existence of a distinct African-American culture. It seems to me you're looking down on Blacks in America while bigging up those in Africa. I'm not looking down on anybody, just don't ? on what we've accomplished as a people in this nation. Our ancestors deserve better.

Again what are tangible results of that tho?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also this Africa that you dream of where everybody is united and there's one Black African race working for the greater good of all Black people isn't what the situation is. Each African nation is home to various ethnic groups and tribes that are in many cases working to better their own situation. There's discrimination and conflicts that happen within the Black race in Africa. There's examples of systematic oppression that Blacks impose on other Blacks. My point is that everything you're running from by leaving America, you can find examples of over there. So I'm saying if that's why you're leaving then it's not a good reason.
    Africa isn't hell on earth at all--but it has its share of challenges as well.

? already forgot about the Hutus and the Tutsis? Hundreds of young girls were snatched off the streets just recently.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »

Also this Africa that you dream of where everybody is united and there's one Black African race working for the greater good of all Black people isn't what the situation is. Each African nation is home to various ethnic groups and tribes that are in many cases working to better their own situation. There's discrimination and conflicts that happen within the Black race in Africa. There's examples of systematic oppression that Blacks impose on other Blacks. My point is that everything you're running from by leaving America, you can find examples of over there. So I'm saying if that's why you're leaving then it's not a good reason.

? already forgot about the Hutus and the Tutsis? Hundreds of young girls were snatched off the streets just recently.

So is that all of Africa, or just a section of Nigeria?
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

If one holds such a perspective, you're striving to strip away the only fruits of our ancestors' oppression.
  • Stiff

An increased black middle class
    A higher amount of black students in college
    A higher life expectancy
    A higher standard of living on average compared to EVERY country in Africa

Must I go on? We really just gonna ? on Blacks in America here like we just haven't progressed at all.
  • zombie

Exactly.

If one holds such a perspective, you're striving to strip away the only fruits of our ancestors' oppression.

what exactly has been this fruit?? African-Americans are still at the bottom where is the path up? when all you have is money and no wealth after hundreds of years of work. you still remain a resource to make other people rich.
  • zombie

An increased black middle class
    A higher amount of black students in college
    A higher life expectancy
    A higher standard of living on average compared to EVERY country in Africa

Must I go on? We really just gonna ? on Blacks in America here like we just haven't progressed at all.

life expectancy has increased for all people generally speaking.

blacks go to school and learn how to make other people rich because blacks own next to nothing.

the so called back middle class is a creation of the government. government jobs made the black middle class.

most of the things you mentioned are not a result of black work. they simply come with living in America.
  • Stiff
    D0wn wrote: »
    jono wrote: »

So is that all of Africa, or just a section of Nigeria?

Do you want us to go nation by nation and break down the ethnic divides that are present in each? There aren't too many ethnically homogenous nations in Africa that I'm aware of. The borders were artificially drawn by Europeans which created a situation that people who previously didn't have to deal with each other now were under the same "nation" and expected to adopt national identities that they themselves had no previous concept of. This inevitably led to strife all throughout Africa.

• zombie
    at the end of the day Africa has more potential. all who wants to stay here a pass down the same never ending struggle to future generations good luck to you.

keep being proud of being slaves forever. and defending your ancestors legacy at the expense of your descendants future.

Asians and Hispanics are rapidly increasing in number and influence so I hop you guys will be happy going from top minority to third place. the writing is on the wall
  • zombie
    Africa does have it's problems but the potential pay out for any investment is larger.