What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Grandmother beaten by CHP officer will recieve 1.5 Million dollar settlement

TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase"Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy

Marlene Pinnock, the 51-year-old great-grandmother seen in a video being punched by a California Highway Patrol officer, has settled her case against the agency.

Pinnock will receive $1.5 million, according to KTLA. In addition, the Associated Press reports that Officer Daniel Andrew will resign.

The July 1 video recorded by a passerby along the I-10 on-ramp near La Brea Avenue in Los Angeles shows Pinnock attempting to walk away from Andrew.

"He grabbed me, he threw me down, he started beating me, he beat me," Pinnock said when when later describing the incident to the AP. "I felt like he was trying to kill me, beat me to death."

Earlier this month, a CHP investigator said that Pinnock resisted arrest by pushing Andrew, who was trying to keep her away from oncoming traffic.

“When this incident occurred, I promised that I would look into it and vowed a swift resolution," CHP Commissioner Joe Farrow said in a statement cited by KTLA. "Today, we have worked constructively to reach a settlement agreement that is satisfactory to all parties involved."

Farrow added that the agreement "establishes a special needs trust for Ms. Pinnock to provide a mechanism for her long-term care."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/25/marlene-pinnock-california-highway-patrol-beating-settlement_n_5879514.html\
z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
Tagged:
Bussy_Getta The IconoclastBoldChildTrillaaaaaaA Talented One  Colin$mackabi$h

Replies

• TrillfateTrillfate "i used to like the Ride more now i like the Race...i used like the Prize more now i like the Chase" Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meroe wrote: »
    But not charges though. Good for her, but still bullshit. If he's found negligent then why isn't he getting charged?
    yup

compromise... she he gets paid, he resigns and will be hired by another PD with no criminal record
    z4qp8gvofqsm.gif
    JusDre313JonnyRoccIT  Colin$mackabi$h
  • zerocoolzerocool Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pico wrote: »
    Man fuck work I'm finna find CHP and get my ass whooped.

Lol....thats funny
  • stackmaster 313stackmaster 313 DetroitPosts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dude gets to retire an collect a pension... ?!!!
    So ILLTrillfate  Colin$mackabi$h
  • So ILLSo ILL Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No charges and he can retire on his on power? Woooooow.
  • So ILLSo ILL Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Own*
  • GodNThaBuild'nGodNThaBuild'n Kneel at tha altar If dem looking fa mi then tell dem I be weh nobody knowsPosts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5 ain't even enough. Fuck all that. She ain't even gonna see all of that 1.5. Smh, pigs get away with another once again
    CapitalBeastbay510Chef_Taylor
  • memphis2sacniccmemphis2sacnicc Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad she had to go thru that from that bitch ass pig. Glad she at least got compensated nicely but nothing will happen to the pig like always.
  • ThatDamnJayThatDamnJay Posts: 3,636 My Name Is My Name.
    good for her, wish it was more

he'll still end up in a security officer type position somewhere soon tho

..................ROLL DAMN TIDE

@JayChillinBro
  • eastbay510eastbay510 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least she got something but 1.5 really ain't shit especially here in CA
  • TurfaholicTurfaholic It's not too complicated, but you're gonna need a bulletproof soul The Bay 2 Sin CityPosts: 20,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait......51 year old great grandma?
    The Jacka Presents:
    Street Knowledge
    "Kill Yaself"

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/bEsGQfVs/file.html
  • JonnyRoccITJonnyRoccIT . . . Player Shit ONLY . ZONE 6 Atlanta, GAPosts: 14,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's Bullshit brah .
    I only woulda accepted nothing less than $50 Million if he wasn't gonna get any Jail Time .
    "GOD BLESS THE COLLAR POP . . ."

tumblr_mv8yr1BrOZ1qmwidzo1_500.gif
    Chef_Taylor   Colin$mackabi$h
  • Bazz-BBazz-B Reaching For Success The Dirty SouthPosts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next, she needs to sue his ass personally get that money out his pockets.
    Bussy_Getta Chef_Taylor ThatDamnJay
  • Max.Max. Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big mama gettn paid in the shade
  • BarreGoffBarreGoff Posts: 326 ✭✭
    thats just a little bit of change :(
  • BigBallsNoWorriesBigBallsNoWorries Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.5 mill for an ass whupping?

And she didnt even have to face mayweather or hop in the ring to do it

She won.......

Lol nah she still lost
    You Down to Travel?

I've been International since I was 16

Listen to my thoughts on traveling while black throughout europe, my thoughts on traveling in general and my experiences crazy/interesting stories

at my Travel Blog right here

htttp://www.travelis4life.wordpress.com
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao 51 and a great grand mother? How is that even possible?
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
  • Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldve gave her a million for every punch he threw at her....fuckin pigs
    My weakness Beautiful Black Women>

a653763accd13b967064d34578fa769a.jpg

• Chef_Taylor Chef_Taylor Young King.....pay me in gold Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

1.5 ain't even enough. Fuck all that. She ain't even gonna see all of that 1.5. Smh, pigs get away with another once again
    Word
    My weakness Beautiful Black Women>

a653763accd13b967064d34578fa769a.jpg

• THIRDSUPREMETHIRDSUPREME TargSettotheDeathLarkKillaNigga Home of the SlavesPosts: 7,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you niggas talkin bout 1.5 million aint shit definitely aint never been close to a mill before. Stop it.
    Trillaaaaaatexas409
  • obnoxiouslyfreshobnoxiouslyfresh Still Ginny From The Block Posts: 11,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoulda been my grandmother
    Angel out of heaven, such a goddess, have a nigga praying [-O<