Soooo, Lebron went back to cleveland for the kids and help his city huh?

2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-miami-heat-dan-gilbert-san-antonio-spurs-cnn-interview-092514

Where would LeBron James be playing this coming season had the Miami Heat beaten the San Antonio Spurs and pulled off a three-peat?

Not necessarily Cleveland, The King tells CNN in an exclusive interview set to air Friday night.

In a preview segment, reporter Rachel Nichols delves into multiple topics with James, from his decision to return home to his new look and diet.

When asked whether he knew he was going to go back to Cleveland all along, James said he'd thought about it but figured it wouldn't happen "this soon."

"I had dreams about going back home, but I thought it would happen a lot later on in my career . . . going back and kind of having a couple more years left in my career and kinda finishing it off that way, but I didn't think it would happen this soon."

Nichols asks James how differently this past offseason might have played out had the Heat won a third title:

Nichols: "Do you think if you guys had not lost to San Antonio in five games in the NBA Finals, you might still be in Miami?"

James: "It's a greater chance, for sure. It would be hard to leave back-to-back-to-back championships and try to go for four, but obviously you really can't live and think of what may have happened."

James also talks about repairing his relationship with Cavaliers fans, and specifically with team owner Dan Gilbert, who infamously had some not-very-nice things to say about LeBron when the star left Cleveland for Miami in the notorious televised event known as "The Decision" back in 2010.

James also covers the mindset that he'll presumably be bringing with him back to Cleveland:

"I understand what it takes to get there, I understand what it takes to win. It's so difficult. It's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life."

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    sounds like he was butt hurt in Miami and ran away to cleveland like a few of us said.

it was never about helping out cleveland
  • 2stepz_ahead
    this is what people mainly me have been saying.

everyone made it about something else...

now what is he teaching the kids?

when you don't win, bounce.

leaving cleveland and leaving Miami is both about him not winning.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was obvious from the jump I said it then .. if Cleveland wasnt set up the way it was he wouldnt have went back did yall really fall for the okey doke... of course a part if him wanted to go home it was conditional though
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Why did LeBron even say this? He's aloof sometimes I swear.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at me trying to sign in as _Lebron to speak my piece. I thought it was obvious to ? that he went back because of wade's knees. He had been a shell of himself since the previous season. I think the true Dwayne Wade died in game 4 of the series with indiana the previous season, that was the last time I saw him really do him.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He let S.I. Put that story out there so it wouldn't be open to interpretation. Had he just issued a short press release, his loyalty would have been called into question. Sob stories rock ? to sleep until you start to peel the covers off it. I think there's truth to what he said because he always been a trill ? in northeast ohio. But him saving cleveland didn't drive his decision. If that was the case, he wouldve signed a much longer contract.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one of them ? who don't know how to quit when he ahead. Public perception gon keep him off that Jordan, Magic, Kobe pedestal.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I already knew this after we lost to San Antonio, still Heat all day!
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ these gullible ass ? talking about ..."aww yeah man I really respect him now" after that clear PR letter dropped .... ? probably didn't even write that ? to begin with and these cats were out here getting there little soft ass heart strings tugged on ...
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a given! But it would've been boss ? if he left after winning three.

That would be too reminiscent of Jordan tho
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottom line is, he is here, and some of yous guys are upset about it. get over it. remember when people use to tell cleveland that? get over it.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    Bottom line is, he is here, and some of yous guys are upset about it. get over it. remember when people use to tell cleveland that? get over it.

bruh...he went back cause he lost in miami and tried to say it was for the kids and city.

are you that hard up for a chip that you would be ok with someone lying to you?

the first time...yes alot of people said get over it. but we said it to the people that was burning jerseys.

now we are saying Lebron is an ass.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

? shut up
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pralims wrote: »

bruh...he went back cause he lost in miami and tried to say it was for the kids and city.

the first time...yes alot of people said get over it. but we said it to the people that was burning jerseys.

^^^^^^this

• 2stepz_ahead
    pralims wrote: »

^^^^^^this

so you are ok with kids looking upto a fukk ? as long as you got a job.

whats gonna happen next time he loses? back to miami?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

And you ? ass ? still ain't got no championships.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebron knew he wasn't going to get backlash for going back to cleveland.

GOAT PR move
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a chance to win 4 straight titles, you ain't leaving.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Lebron a ? , but damn that ? can ball

quoted for emphasis
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

?