Police in New Mexico Claim to have Caught A Ghost on Camera (video inside)

Stiff
Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKvEk97PTNE
ESPANOLA, NM - Police in Espanola, Mew Mexico are catching more than just criminals. They are catching images of what they believe are ghosts on surveillance cameras at the police department.

It started out as a pretty typical Saturday night.

Espanola Police Officer Karl Romero was on duty keeping an eye on the surveillance cameras around the station when he saw something in the sally port.

"At first I thought it was a fly or moth, then I saw the legs and it was a human. But not a real human. No. A ghost," said Romero.

So, Romero reported it and told his supervisors. Detectives showed us the camera that captured the image. They say there's no way in or out of the secured area without an open gate and alarm sounding.

"It walks through the old transport cages. There's not a way for it to get through but it walks through that," said Det. Solomon Romero with the Espanola Police.

Detectives say there's no logical explanation for this. Not an issue with the lighting. Or a technical glitch. Turns out there are a lot of ghost stories around here.

"A lot of officers have seen certain things. Some officers have felt someone breathing down their necks as they're working in the briefing room," said Det. Romero.

Cops at the station also report hearing strange noises in the middle of the night and seeing unexplainable images in the lobby area too.

Espanola Police say as far as they know this isn't on an ancient burial ground. The department has been here at this location since 2006. No inmates have died here.

But they do say there have been some unsolved murders nearby.

"I do believe in ghosts. Think that was a ghost. I do. I do believe it was something. It was hard to say but I do believe in ghosts," said Det. Romero.

These guys say they're not afraid of it but it's definitely an image that haunts the officers who work here.

Comments