Iraqi troops suffer mass slaughter one mile from Baghdad: the general ISIS Chat thread

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Time to let someone else handle this mess. Russia has committed atrocities too, as several Kurdish groups and others have done. But America invaded Iraq and opened up the gates of hell first, and funded Al-Qaeda and its allies in Syria, creating even more issues for America and its bankrupt allies, and much of the world too.
    i'm going to dumb this down for you.

the country that invaded Afghanistan, committed atrocities there, and kicked off this modern phase of jihadism? Russia, unless you insist on me saying "well, it was the USSR then." remember that?

the country that attacked Muslims in Central Asia, Muslims who were typically moderate Islamists, committed atrocities there (if not still technically doing so) and spawned jihadism there? Russia.

i mean, since we're playing this game of "it doesn't matter what you do now, it only matters if i can blame a country for it based on something earlier," right?

and here's the other thing: i'm not arguing that the US hasn't made mistakes, fueled this, blah blah blah. you, however, are arguing over and over that ONLY the US has made mistakes that matter and ONLY the US can't be involved going forward, repeatedly contradicting rules you lay out for international relations (such as when you complain that countries shouldn't meddle in other countries).

but keep smoking that ? you have ready to go if you think you're not being a massive hypocrite about what atrocities and mistakes matter.

I never said only the USA has made mistakes, as I've said before. The USA can go even deeper in debt if it wants to be involved militarily in this, that's less money for American healthcare and federal and indirectly state budgets. I'm laughing as America continues to fulfill Osama Bin Laden's dreams of America bankrupting itself in unwinnable wars, wars I guarantee will get worse in the future.

BTW, Russia's power continues to grow in the region, and Syria's Assad run government is not going anywhere, neither are his allies. America can barely do much for Puerto Rico and many of its bankrupt or near bankrupt states and cities, America is better off taking care of the massive problems here at home.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This is PROBABLY ? , but ISIS has claimed responsibility for the absolutely massive shooting in Vegas this week, 59 dead, 527 injured at least. The worst mass murder in modern American history.

The ONLY reason I'm even mentioning the shooting in this thread is because the shooter, Stephen Baddock, allegedly wired 100K dollars to the Phillipines, a nation that has MANY ISIS sympathizers and followers. The killer so far is not known to be political or religious, but why did he wire so much money to the Phillipines, according to several news sources?? Who did he know there??

Something very weird is going on about this shooting, but time will tell. Again, this is PROBABLY BS, but this shooting doesn't seem to have been done alone.....we will see.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Some small updates on this war that has devastated many people and nations across the globe.....

The Kurds voted for independence the other day in a referendum held in Iraq, but Iraq, Turkey, and Iran have made clear they will not accept an independent Kurdistan. They have even threatened violence against the Kurds if they "turn into a second Israel". Even the USA is against Kurds gaining independence, so it seems they will not have the independence they hoped for in Iraq.

Also, Russia is claiming the USA is protecting ISIS elements in Syria, as many of the ISIS attacks in Syria seem to be coming from the area surrounding America's illegal base in Syria, according to Syria's govt and Russian special forces. Many Russian soldiers have been beheaded and shot in Syria lately, and the same goes for many Syrian soldiers as well, the videos on bestgore.com and another website are pretty bad.

Back to the Vegas shooting, police are saying now that he did not act alone, but the shooter's brother has also said Paddock was not a sympathizer or supporter to ISIS. Still an early investigation though.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/stephen-paddocks-australian-girlfriend-marilou-danley-still-a-person-of-interest/news-story/e7d25905a726178465e9c5941e46faa9

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/04/politics/syria-russia-us-assad-at-tanf/index.html

Las Vegas police said they don’t believe Paddock acted alone in orchestrating America’s deadliest mass shooting.

Sheriff Joseph Lombardo of Clark County is leading the investigation into Sunday’s attack and said the sheer volume of weapons, careful planning and discovery of explosives pointed to the fact that “he had to have some help”.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    BTW, Russia's power continues to grow in the region, and Syria's Assad run government is not going anywhere, neither are his allies. America can barely do much for Puerto Rico and many of its bankrupt or near bankrupt states and cities, America is better off taking care of the massive problems here at home.
    so the thing is, federalism is a thing in the US. frankly, there's a serious debate about whether or not your tax dollars in state X should bail out a city in Illinois or California that has debt problems when you can't affect their policies.

PR is being handled poorly because Trump is a ? ? and half the damn country doesn't know it's in ? America.

Russia's always going to have pull with dudes like Assad because they financially (and physically) back dudes like Assad. so it's less their power growing and more them going all out to keep their word. but Assad's obviously not getting bounced at this point.
  • janklow
    Options
    The ONLY reason I'm even mentioning the shooting in this thread is because the shooter, Stephen Baddock, allegedly wired 100K dollars to the Phillipines, a nation that has MANY ISIS sympathizers and followers. The killer so far is not known to be political or religious, but why did he wire so much money to the Phillipines, according to several news sources?? Who did he know there??
    it's ? . they claimed the bodies and didn't claim the IS sympathizer in Canada.

dude's girlfriend is from the Philippines and the notion that he sent her out of the country and sent money to get her set up makes sense to me (so far, if a caveat is needed).

• kingblaze84
    edited October 2017
    Options
    so the thing is, federalism is a thing in the US. frankly, there's a serious debate about whether or not your tax dollars in state X should bail out a city in Illinois or California that has debt problems when you can't affect their policies.

PR is being handled poorly because Trump is a ? ? and half the damn country doesn't know it's in ? America.

Russia's always going to have pull with dudes like Assad because they financially (and physically) back dudes like Assad. so it's less their power growing and more them going all out to keep their word. but Assad's obviously not getting bounced at this point.

Trump and many if not most Americans are ignorant about world affairs, so I'm fairly confident America is gonna mess things up further down the road. Financially especially, 600 billion a year in defense spending is ridiculous.....With more refugees now then at any time since WW2, I'm not optimistic about American military plans, since they consist of little more then blowing up apartments and houses and damn a hospital or mosque if it's in the way.

Yes Russians have done this but America has been doing this for way too long, the results are not impressive. America is still very hated in the region and that hatred seems to be spreading somewhat in Africa, 4 American troops killed in Niger, possibly by ISIS sympathizers or followers last week. This quicksand war doesn't seem to be doing much to make America liked by the Muslim world.

These are all part of the reasons the world community has resigned itself to letting Assad do almost anything he wants now. It's not like others have acted much better, if you truly think about it.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2017
    Options
    it's ? . they claimed the bodies and didn't claim the IS sympathizer in Canada.

dude's girlfriend is from the Philippines and the notion that he sent her out of the country and sent money to get her set up makes sense to me (so far, if a caveat is needed).

Paddock's girlfriend was Filipino true, and it seems the money was sent to help his girlfriend buy a house or something. But I wouldn't COMPLETELY rule out ISIS yet, he had 50 pounds of explosives and police admit he didn't act alone.

So IDK, while ISIS at times has exaggerated, they usually are accurate about the claims they put out, according to many reporters. Street cred is important to them, but of course, maybe they just want a victory. I'm 50/50 on ISIS being involved in this, but I do agree it LIKELY is BS. I've been surprised before though.
  • janklow
    Options
    Trump and many if not most Americans are ignorant about world affairs-
    note though that PR is actually in America, so i'm talking about a slightly different level of incompetence at work here.
    Yes Russians have done this but-
    no but! we're talking about Syria being a longstanding client of Russia right here.
    These are all part of the reasons the world community has resigned itself to letting Assad do almost anything he wants now. It's not like others have acted much better, if you truly think about it.
    actually, yes, almost EVERYONE acts better than Assad.
    don't mistake an incredibly difficult mess in Syria for proof of equivalence with all other nations

• janklow
    Options
    Paddock's girlfriend was Filipino true, and it seems the money was sent to help his girlfriend buy a house or something. But I wouldn't COMPLETELY rule out ISIS yet, he had 50 pounds of explosives and police admit he didn't act alone.
    50 pounds of explosives means... exactly what?
    you can have explosives and even be a prospective terrorist ... and have no connection to ISIS.
    you can even have explosives and not be a terrorist at all.
    and when did the police say he didn't act alone?
    So IDK, while ISIS at times has exaggerated, they usually are accurate about the claims they put out, according to many reporters. Street cred is important to them, but of course, maybe they just want a victory. I'm 50/50 on ISIS being involved in this, but I do agree it LIKELY is BS. I've been surprised before though.
    street cred is important to them, so let's not act like they're reporting with 100% accuracy here. ISIS might claim him, but that means... what, exactly?

find me a video where dude is pledging allegiance to the caliphate and we'll talk.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    50 pounds of explosives means... exactly what?
    you can have explosives and even be a prospective terrorist ... and have no connection to ISIS.
    you can even have explosives and not be a terrorist at all.
    and when did the police say he didn't act alone?
    street cred is important to them, so let's not act like they're reporting with 100% accuracy here. ISIS might claim him, but that means... what, exactly?

find me a video where dude is pledging allegiance to the caliphate and we'll talk.

I get all that but the sheriff said publicly that Paddock didn't act alone, I posted a link earlier. The explosives are kind of suspicious for a simple accountant turned madman, yes maybe he did act alone, but all those weapons, like 20 alone were found in the hotel if I'm not mistaken. IDK.....

I don't have proof and no one really does (publicly) yet, but I'm sticking to my 50/50 odds on this. The White House held secret for a long time that the Niger attack that killed 4 American soldiers was ISIS related. So I wonder if the govt is hiding something in this case again. I won't act like Alex Jones and some others though, who seem to be almost 100% convinced ISIS did the Vegas attack, I agree the claim is likely not true. But my suspicions remain.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    CNN confirms the Niger attack was ISIS related.....over 50 ISIS followers attacked the Americans there and shot at them for half an hour. As I suspected, ISIS seems to be gaining more followers in Africa for some reason.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/18/politics/us-niger-investigation-what-we-know/index.html

• MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is the Kurdish brother that post in here? Bruh your people have no strategy what so ever. How you going to lose 20 year of progress in one week? Before the referendum I was telling coworker their timing makes no sense. Plus they were actively shooting themselves in the leg with Israel being their only supporter.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Yeah, once I heard the Kurds were getting a ton of support from Israel and really Israel alone, I knew the Kurds were gonna have a public relations problem.

I'm still sympathetic to their cause, but the many homes that were destroyed by Kurdish forces didn't do much to help Kurdish reputation either. Even I'm surprised at how much Trump has yielded to Iran, Iraq and Turkey among others on this issue, but then again Iran and Turkey are two nations America doesn't really want more problems with now.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So another ISIS follower went on a rampage in NYC today, not too far from where I work. 8 dead by being run over by a large moving truck, 11 others injured, several children included.

ISIS has lost Raqqa and Mosul, but it's pretty crazy how resilient their followers are in still carrying out their wishes. From Africa to the Phillipines to the United States, it's stunning how people are STILL flocking to their message, ISIS has maybe 3% of the land that it had back in 2016, yet it seems they still have a lot of people worldwide who still want to be a part of them. If Trump thinks bombing apartments and houses will bring peace, as it supports the terrorist state of Israel at the same time, then Trump's travel bans won't make any difference, since the suspect Sayfullo Saipov has been here since 2010. Homegrown radicalism seems to be growing, according to British spy agencies and the FBI. I wonder why.
  • janklow
    Options
    I get all that but the sheriff said publicly that Paddock didn't act alone, I posted a link earlier. The explosives are kind of suspicious for a simple accountant turned madman, yes maybe he did act alone, but all those weapons, like 20 alone were found in the hotel if I'm not mistaken. IDK.....
    again, depends on what the explosives were for. i mean, it wouldn't be crazy for him to have sought them for part of the event (related note: Columbine was supposed to be a bombing, not a mass shooting) but have ultimately not used them. doesn't mean TERROR CONNECTION.

and for some reason these nutjobs love to tote all their guns with them whether they use them or not. *shrugs*
    I don't have proof and no one really does (publicly) yet, but I'm sticking to my 50/50 odds on this. The White House held secret for a long time that the Niger attack that killed 4 American soldiers was ISIS related. So I wonder if the govt is hiding something in this case again. I won't act like Alex Jones and some others though, who seem to be almost 100% convinced ISIS did the Vegas attack, I agree the claim is likely not true. But my suspicions remain.
    this is actually a good comparison, though, because it's been reasonable well-discussed and the militant links are clear. not so in LV.
  • janklow
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    Where is the Kurdish brother that post in here? Bruh your people have no strategy what so ever. How you going to lose 20 year of progress in one week? Before the referendum I was telling coworker their timing makes no sense. Plus they were actively shooting themselves in the leg with Israel being their only supporter.
    makes more sense if you attribute some degree of the ? -up to internal beef

• kingblaze84
    edited November 2017
    Options

The Kurdish forces in Iraq knew they couldn't take on Iraq, Iran, and almost every other nation in the Middle East at the same time. The status quo is easier for them.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options

The Kurdish forces in Iraq knew they couldn't take on Iraq, Iran, and almost every other nation in the Middle East at the same time. The status quo is easier for them.

If the Kurds had let the entire situation play out they had a fighting chance. They jumped the gun they needed to wait and see how things played out in Syria.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2017
    Options

If the Kurds had let the entire situation play out they had a fighting chance. They jumped the gun they needed to wait and see how things played out in Syria.

The problem with that part is that the Kurds lost a lot of money in the war against ISIS, a war that's technically still not over. And I heard the Kurdish groups are at bankruptcy levels in Iraq, so I don't think they could afford another war against a very tough Iranian military and Turkey's ruthless airforce which has already killed a ton of Kurdish soldiers the past few years, I can understand them being scared to change the status quo.

How long you think they should have waited?
  • MrSoutCity
    Options

The problem with that part is that the Kurds lost a lot of money in the war against ISIS, a war that's technically still not over. And I heard the Kurdish groups are at bankruptcy levels in Iraq, so I don't think they could afford another war against a very tough Iranian military and Turkey's ruthless airforce which has already killed a ton of Kurdish soldiers the past few years, I can understand them being scared to change the status quo.

I think they should have waited until the war was completely over, and all the shia fighters went back home. I would have taken some years but tho.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2017
    Options

I think they should have waited until the war was completely over, and all the shia fighters went back home. I would have taken some years but tho.

That's interesting, I think if they waited for that to happen, then Turkey and Iraq would still have given them problems.

Either way, I don't see the Kurds ever getting their own homeland now, this was their best chance and now it's gone.
  • janklow
    Options
    That's interesting, I think if they waited for that to happen, then Turkey and Iraq would still have given them problems.
    i can see a scenario where Iraq is cool with the Kurds. i can't see one where Erdogan isn't trying to ? them over as hard as possible for his benefit.

if Iraq ever breaks up (in, like, a reasonable, planned kind of way), i could see the Kurds getting a slice. same for Syria. but right now? eh...
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2017
    Options
    i can see a scenario where Iraq is cool with the Kurds. i can't see one where Erdogan isn't trying to ? them over as hard as possible for his benefit.

if Iraq ever breaks up (in, like, a reasonable, planned kind of way), i could see the Kurds getting a slice. same for Syria. but right now? eh...

In a 100 years from now? Maybe, but with climate change making resources in the Middle East more scarce, Turkey and likely Iraq will still do what they can to keep the resources (especially oil) in Kurdish land.

I could see Kurdish groups having more success in Syria but again, with climate change becoming more serious and worse in the future, resource wars will get more intense. I see nothing changing much.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Rumor has it that Trump will declare Jerusalem the capital of Israel tomorrow or Wednesday, a move the Arab League said this weekend will increase recruitment for ISIS and other extremist groups. Let's see if Trump keeps his word, and how big a terror group ISIS will grow into once this announcement is made.

This will be an interesting week. The reaction in the region will be even more interesting.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    mohanica wrote: »
    Mohanica
    Hi,
    I was really looking for a detailed step by step guide to do this because I was really confused about doing this.
    Thanks a lot, buddy.
    Keep posting good stuff. Cheers.

Thanks, but you're confused about doing what?