Spinoff: Let's talk Jail and excepting imprisonment as a way of life.

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
this stems from another thread where meek mill is sitting in jail, chilling with juices and eating.

Why is it in our community when someone goes to jail it's excepted like thats whats up?

We have people that look at those who never been to jail as weaker than those that have been in jail. so because i cant make a grilled cheese on a radiator or carve a toothbrush into sharp object I am weaker than someone who decided to become a criminal?

why do we just except jail house photos as showing our people keeping their head up?

why are we ok with taking our kids to see their incarcerated parent?

why is the incarcerated parent ok, with their seed either seeing them in jail or seeing a jail house photo.

i really dont care if you think im on a high horse but i think ...we are better than that.

why cant we promote jail as no where you want to be rather than....its all sweet in here.

why, to not worry your loved ones? this aint the time to worry about your people worrying. it didnt matter when you was getting into ? but now you wanna worry? black people aint better than that?

why people gotta show they are staying positive.....in jail. its fukking jail.

its not really about making the best of the situation...its about trying to show you good and making it locked away from your loved ones.

one poster states:

that's fine and dandy ...but black men getting corralled into to the corrections system is an unfortunate reality in this country .... acting as if its "coonish" to take a picture for your loved ones and relatives to let them know that you're still staying positive and standing as a man throughout a difficult situation is quite ridiculous

what image would this send to teens? or is he just worried about his fans?

maybe im the only one, but i would be ashamed of my kids seeing me like that.

unless it was some ? that i was framed with...how can i teach them to want better?

they might be better inspite of the situation but why make their life that much harder?

I can proudly say, I have never been locked up. Lets stop with the been to jail badge of honor ? .

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I don't think it's so much accepting as it is just considered what it is. ? ain't gonna be happy to be locked up, ? no, but what the ? can you do about it but make the best of the situation?

And I see nothing wrong with taking pictures while you in county or dc, letting your loved ones know you doing good while you in there. Kids in certain areas grew up with their daddies and uncles in the system, so it ain't nothing new.

It is what it is.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love for family ( part of which is knowing they're okay, regardless of their circumstance ) goes beyond the crimes they may or may not have committed.

If dude is like, a murderer, then okay, I get your frustration.
    But if it was some small ? , or dude really isn't guilty at all, they def shouldn't be banished from the realm of Familial concern and awareness.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spent a month in county over some dumb shut can't speak about prison but I wouldn't wish that shut in the birds meek probably doing that shot as some promo or something. to me jail is a waste of life
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Accepting bruh....

Wanted to point this out but I already gaffed today so I gave up. @pralims, accepted and expected bruh.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Besides really, really stupid, ignorant people...who are these folks who look down on ppl who have never been to jail or think those ppl are weaker that ppl who've done a bid?

We gotta stop using hyperbole when making threads. There aren't any regular ? of even an average level of intelligence and enlightenment who thinks that. Stop it, B.
  • CousinBen
    CousinBen Members Posts: 88 ✭✭
    Options
    Bruh wtf are you talking bout

Who looks down on somebidy that never been to jail, y'all ? be watchin too much TV

Aint nobody happy to be in jail, and even murderers got families that miss em

That ? might be super thug in the streets and deserve prison but i guarantee he dont act like that wit his kids and at the family reunion and ?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cmon Pralims lmao

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Accepting bruh....
    S2J wrote: »
    Cmon Pralims lmao

came into to point this out. carry on lmao
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You don't abandon FAMILY.

Photos can only show you 1 moment in that person's bid in jail, so you are glad to see that they are in good spirits, and not letting the situation ? them mentally an emotionally.

Overall, you just happy to see them still being them, and making the best of a ? situation until they are inserted back into society.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Accepting bruh....

I stopped trying when he spelled 'freinds' in a title
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spent a few nights in a cell for silliness. ? is absolutely not for me
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't ? cool about jail, at all. When you grow up seein it all around you, it just becomes the way ? is. It's not like people runnin around like it's a badge of honor, it's more of less the life ? live, no sense in wildin out about it. People got jammed up, people comin home, it's like a revolving door. I get that global tel link call, I know somebody in the county, ain't ? to it. Handle it and keep it pushin.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have people that look at those who never been to jail as weaker than those that have been in jail.

Actually no dude.... Idk where the ? u from, but where im from, Brooklyn. ? are encourage to stay the ? outta Jail.
    We give ? props, for keeping they heads, up n completing their bids... Like ? u back.
    May b the youngions, see it as a right of passage, but as an adult. ? brag up about being illusive.

Even in rap songs, ? brag about their ? coming outta jail, not going to jail.

Some of u Duckworth ? , need to shut the ? up.
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    That Meek Mill thread made yo blood pressure rise didn't it? Had u rage typing huh?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31900-1367284410-15.gif
  • S2J
    Options
    For those not aware, this thread was made in response to Meek Mill looking a little too content in jail for Pralims liking

He feels Meek should show remorse, regret,and shame in his pics

I just wanted to point that out...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? if u spent time in cook county correctional facility, u d never wanna wish jail/prison on anybody
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
    .... to me jail is a waste of life

exactly. I look at career criminals and wonder why THEY don't consider being locked up a waste of life
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    For those not aware, this thread was made in response to Meek Mill looking a little too content in jail for Pralims liking

so a ? shouldnt be ashamed of being in jail?

a ? shouldnt be regretful?

and yes, i do see a problem with ? being too content with jail.

he could be with his family or making money or touring. but hes in jail..trying to make the best of it. really?

locked up potential.

? would make me mad and do everything to not go back and re-think what i did to get there.

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    How much time did meek get?
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean you can't say until your in that situation. It's easy to judge on the outside looking in. With all that said I did 5 years an it was more mental than physical. Only how I took a picture is if someone begged me too. It aint ? to glorify though at all. It all depends on your character though. Some people took pictures every month an sent them out. And I didn't see my kids either they dont know I was ever in there but they were real young. But ? to each its own everyone does there time different. But I can say this they hate to see a person with a smile in prison. Especially the prison staff..
  • S2J
    Options

6 fuking months! Boogety boogety ngga!

@pralims that man comin home to millions upon millions...hence he has the 'i'm comin home to millions upon millions' face. He good ngga.
  • S2J
    edited September 2014
    Options
    nelson-mandela-prison-featured-630x210.jpeg

Get that smirk outta here ngga this is jail not a vacation
    -Pralims
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

so a ? shouldnt be ashamed of being in jail?

a ? shouldnt be regretful?

and yes, i do see a problem with ? being too content with jail.

he could be with his family or making money or touring. but hes in jail..trying to make the best of it. really?

locked up potential.

? would make me mad and do everything to not go back and re-think what i did to get there.

The thing about being locked up is that if you spend your time in there sad & ? , it'll make your time much harder. You'll ? around & hang yourself in jail. Walking around teary eyed, looking sad.....inmates are watching. They'll see the ? in you & will try to make a ? out of you. Nobody knows if he regrets being there or sad about it. He's just trying to make the best out of it so that it doesn't make him fall into depression. You don't know if he's really mad about it and thinking about making sure that he never comes back.

It's ironic that you bring up that he should be with his family, making money & doing tours when that's the EXACT reason why he's in jail(do ya research).

That's just my opinion.

been did my research and i even said he got a rawdeal with the judge....

but his one bad decision put him in the system. so once he was in the system ....either you wanna straighten up or you gonna continue to do dumb ? .

once he got on his grind to straighten up he began to taunt the ruling and judge. you gonna taunt the person who has your freedom in their hands?

im not saying be a ? ...but if this persons decision can have a positive/negative outcome on my life, most likely if i dont have to deal with them i wont.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

6 fuking months! Boogety boogety ngga!

@pralims that man comin home to millions upon millions...hence he has the 'i'm comin home to millions upon millions' face. He good ngga.

so ? cant change at the drop of a hat?

i see what you saying....but those millions could have had more millions with it.

you can make a ? load of money in 6 months.

maybe the ? looking at it like its a vacay from all his hard work.

my point is still we need to do better