crazy busy wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Also I submit this

Rapper A is "better" than rapper B because "he makes better music"

Um, u sure about this one?

Because "better music" is subjective and it isn't a real way to gauge an emcees skills.

Songwriting/album makin is important bruh, at least until the day I hear acapellas bumping outta ? soundsystems

You're still not getting "it".

I get it, I don't think u do tho

What is good songwriting to you may not be good songwriting to me.

What is a good album to you may be a bad album to me.

Subjective.

There is no real metric that determines that a song is good.

Lyrics, delivery and flow are not subjective. Those are real things to judge a rapper on.

Flow is very subjective! I like Twista and Bone, their flow is completely different to most and there's quite a few posters on here who hate that style of spitting.

You may not like fast rapping but no one can say their flow is garbage. Which is two different things.

Did you read what I wrote? I like that style but many people don't. I've seen on here people slating the "hibbidy-flibbity" style. Music is subjective, it's one of the best things about it, there's something for everyone.

Did you read what I wrote? I said even if you don't like fast rapping no one is going to say their flow is garbage.

Ok, so every single member here likes it? I did not notice this when people were slating Bizzy or Krayzie or Twista for just "rapping words together quickly".
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Also I submit this

Because "better music" is subjective and it isn't a real way to gauge an emcees skills.

Songwriting/album makin is important bruh, at least until the day I hear acapellas bumping outta ? soundsystems

Subjective.

Lyrics, delivery and flow are not subjective. Those are real things to judge a rapper on.

Flow is very subjective! I like Twista and Bone, their flow is completely different to most and there's quite a few posters on here who hate that style of spitting.

You may not like fast rapping but no one can say their flow is garbage. Which is two different things.

Did you read what I wrote? I like that style but many people don't. I've seen on here people slating the "hibbidy-flibbity" style. Music is subjective, it's one of the best things about it, there's something for everyone.

Did you read what I wrote? I said even if you don't like fast rapping no one is going to say their flow is garbage.

Ok, so every single member here likes it? I did not notice this when people were slating Bizzy or Krayzie or Twista for just "rapping words together quickly".

Would anybody here say Bone or Twista's flow is garbage? I think not. They may not like the tongue twisting style but it ain't because they think their flow is garbage.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U just wasting time debating with Jamaica on music bruh lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Also I submit this

Subjective.

I'd agree with this tho, in fact I'd say its all subjective, u got people who think Eminem never could rap and e-40 flow and delivery is cool
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Also I submit this

Subjective.

Music is subjective, it's one of the best things about it, there's something for everyone.

• crazy busy
    crazy busy Members Posts: 123 ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Also I submit this

Subjective.

Would anybody here say Bone or Twista's flow is garbage? I think not. They may not like the tongue twisting style but it ain't because they think their flow is garbage.

So they don't like it because they think it sounds good? Thanks for clearing that up :)

I wish I'd known this earlier lol
  • 5th Letter
    Also I submit this

Subjective.

So they don't like it because they think it sounds good? Thanks for clearing that up :)

I wish I'd known this earlier lol

Id be better off talking to a wall.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    That Aquemini is a classic album.I've literally heard NO ONE ever say that offline and from school,work,fam,friends,da blocc I know mad people
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited October 2014
    That ? lives on a trash blokk thats why
  • 5th Letter
    That Aquemini is a classic album.I've literally heard NO ONE ever say that offline and from school,work,fam,friends,da blocc I know mad people
    Here is the conundrum. If that album is a classic (according to the Source) then why dont you like it? After all that album featured good songwriting? I'm confused.
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Eminem is the greatest rapper"

"I like Eminem but I hate rap"
    "If 2pac was alive all these rappers would be working at wendys"
    "WTF is this? This isn't hip hop, this is rap"- youtube comment cliche
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This guy's rhymes suck ? , he has ? flow, and his albums are mediocre, but since he has catchy beats and hooks that appeal to radio stations, he's a great rapper and therefore should be considered top 5 cuz he sells a lot and his music bangs in the whip" .- every butthurted mainstream hip hop fan

^^ true
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Here is the conundrum. If that album is a classic (according to the Source) then why dont you like it? After all that album featured good songwriting? I'm confused.

Shocking
  • 5th Letter

Shocking
    I thought if you made good music then there's no way no one can not like it much less think you suck. So yes based on that logic I'm confused.
  • Peezy_Jenkins

Shocking
    I thought if you made good music then there's no way no one can not like it much less think you suck. So yes based on that logic I'm confused.

I'm not sure where u gathered that thought my Jamaican brethren, good music is just as subjective as lyrics flow and delivery, they say there's something for everyone and everyone won't like everything, ive always belee dat, all I was saying making good songs is a skill that rappers should be judged by, but if u think that doesn't determine whether rapper a is a better artist than rapper b to u, well ok then, I guess in ur mind papoose got better mixtapes than aquemini
  • 5th Letter

Shocking

I'm not sure where u gathered that thought my Jamaican brethren, good music is just as subjective as lyrics flow and delivery, they say there's something for everyone and everyone won't like everything, ive always belee dat, all I was saying making good songs is a skill that rappers should be judged by, but if u think that doesn't determine whether rapper a is a better artist than rapper b to u, well ok then, I guess in ur mind papoose got better mixtapes than aquemini

But "good songs" is subjective. There is no true way to quantify what is and isn't good music. You probably think Papoose's music is garbage I think he's made a lot of dope songs.

Flow is not subjective. Lyrics are not subjective, delivery is not subjective.
  • Peezy_Jenkins

Shocking

But "good songs" is subjective. There is no true way to quantify what is and isn't good music. You probably think Papoose's music is garbage I think he's made a lot of dope songs.

Flow is not subjective. Lyrics are not subjective, delivery is not subjective.

C/s, but they are subjective, idk how u can't see this, but so be it
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    @Pezzy u gotta do something wit that sig bruh. ? is way too big.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at flow not being subjective. Gucci Mane's flow is 100x better than RZA (fact), but you still gone tell me it's not
  • 5th Letter
    P. Town wrote: »
    Lol at flow not being subjective. Gucci Mane's flow is 100x better than RZA (fact), but you still gone tell me it's not

Gucci's flow>>Rza's flow

Rza's lyrics>>Gucci's lyrics
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This guy's rhymes suck ? , he has ? flow, and his albums are mediocre, but since he has catchy beats and hooks that appeal to radio stations, he's a great rapper and therefore should be considered top 5 cuz he sells a lot and his music bangs in the whip" .- every butthurted mainstream hip hop fan

Sounds like its the underground hip hop fan thats butthurt
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Stew wrote: »
    @Pezzy u gotta do something wit that sig bruh. ? is way too big.

It's plenty worse ones lol but i gotcha
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P. Town wrote: »

Gucci's flow>>Rza's flow

Rza's lyrics>>Gucci's lyrics

What makes RZA's lyrics better?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol i had a white friend that swore Eminem - Recovery was way better than My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and was utterly baffled that anyone would think otherwise

like man i liked that album too but...

cracka please
    nex gin wrote: »
    I remember being in college and this nigguh told me that "Silkk the Shocker is the best rapper ever". If it wasn't for the serious look on his face I would've swore that nigguh was joking. Alas...he wasn't joking. Man I wanted to punch that nigguh in the face for saying that ? ? .

Silkk the Shocker tho? That's bad.