If Jesus existed why is his race so relevant to certain people

Options
ShadyTeam
ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Wouldn't the most important thing and by far the most important thing be his love, message and forgivness, teaching people how to live life the best way and sacricfice

I think religion can be dangerous when we look at history but a lotta people have been debating was Jesus white or was he black or was he Jewish mainly Christians but Krishna another ? is confirmed as being black but not many people put a lotta emphasis on Krishna being black but argue about Jesus race

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    because the stupid humans believe that being of the same race as The Messiah(PBUH) puts them that much closer to ? .
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Wouldn't the most important thing and by far the most important thing be his love, message and forgivness, teaching people how to live life the best way and sacricfice

I think religion can be dangerous when we look at history but a lotta people have been debating was Jesus white or was he black or was he Jewish mainly Christians but Krishna another ? is confirmed as being black but not many people put a lotta emphasis on Krishna being black but argue about Jesus race

Fallen creatures do a lot of strange things my friend. Satan has blinded the hearts of all of mankind because of our sin nature, but thats why Jesus Christ came to die for us. The first man (adam) messed it up, and now the last man (Jesus) fixed it up. The most famous passage of scripture in the Bible has not been lost in the mass of confusion that permeates this world.

"For ? so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

If you believe that Jesus Chris is who He says He is and did what He said He did on your behalf, you will be saved. Point blank end of story. Now do you believe that Jesus Christ paid the penalty of your sins on the cross at Calvary 2,000 years ago, and that He was buried, and that He rose from the dead?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeshua= Aramaic speaking Jew who was probably African or of Middle East distinction... race don't make it important but it does uplift one especially for blacks lol, can you imagine if whites had to conceed Yeshua was black... ? would be running around clowning and yelling "In Ya Face Cracka" suicides and atheism would sky rocket
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Fallen creatures do a lot of strange things my friend. Satan has blinded the hearts of all of mankind because of our sin nature, but thats why Jesus Christ came to die for us. The first man (adam) messed it up, and now the last man (Jesus) fixed it up. The most famous passage of scripture in the Bible has not been lost in the mass of confusion that permeates this world.

"For ? so loved the world, that he gave his only unique Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

If you believe that Jesus Chris is who He says He is and did what He said He did on your behalf, you will be saved. Point blank end of story. Now do you believe that Jesus Christ paid the penalty of your sins on the cross at Calvary 2,000 years ago, and that He was buried, and that He rose from the dead?
    there, fixed that for ya, the original language says this
  • ShadyTeam
    edited July 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    Yeshua= Aramaic speaking Jew who was probably African or of Middle East distinction... race don't make it important but it does uplift one especially for blacks lol, can you imagine if whites had to conceed Yeshua was black... ? would be running around clowning and yelling "In Ya Face Cracka" suicides and atheism would sky rocket

That's why religion is dangerous
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Because the image of a white Jesus has been used to reinforce racism, justify slavery and strengthen cultural imperialism.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited July 2010
    Options

"For ? so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

I mean if he really was ? yeh i would believie in him with out doubt but i'm not a Christian but i still respect him
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I mean if he really was ? yeh i would believie in him with out doubt but i'm not a Christian but i still respect him

Whats stopping you from believing that Jesus Christ is who He says He is?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    BlackJesus.jpg
  • judahxulu
    edited July 2010
    Options

That just comes off creepy
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2010
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    That just comes off creepy
    What's creepy about the gospel message? Check my sig.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Whats stopping you from believing that Jesus Christ is who He says He is?

Well i believie in Krishna i feel that is my ? but i respect Jesus i feel he was similar to Krishna but maybe not ?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well i believie in Krishna i feel that is my ? but i respect Jesus i feel he was similar to Krishna but maybe not ?

Did Krishna die for you?
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2010
    Options

? has different names for different peoples. He has sent many messengers to lead us to Him, including Krishna (being that he's an avatar of Vishnu), Buddha, and many others with Yeshua (PBUH) being his most beloved.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? has different names for different peoples. He has sent many messengers to lead us to Him, including Krishna (being that he's an avatar of Vishnu), Buddha, and many others with Yeshua (PBUH) being his most beloved.

"1? , who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" Hebrews 1:1-3
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Did Krishna die for you?

Yup........... 413BC in a fiery flying carpet crash.
  • judahxulu
    edited July 2010
    Options

Maybe you should bid up a bit of rapport before you just jump into it.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Yep. ? ...
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2010
    Options
    "1? , who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;" Hebrews 1:1-3

Qur'an: Sura 4

"[4:163] We have inspired you, as we inspired Noah and the prophets after him. And we inspired Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, the Patriarchs, Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon. And we gave David the Psalms.

[4:164] Messengers we have told you about, and messengers we never told you about. And ? spoke to Moses directly.

[4:165] Messengers to deliver good news, as well as warnings. Thus, the people will have no excuse when they face ? , after all these messengers have come to them. ? is Almighty, Most Wise.

[4:166] But ? bears witness concerning what He has revealed to you; He has revealed it with His knowledge. And the angels bear witness as well, but ? suffices as witness.

[4:167] Surely, those who disbelieve and repel from the way of ? have strayed far astray.

[4:168] Those who disbelieve and transgress, ? will not forgive them, nor will He guide them in any way;

[4:169] except the way to Hell, wherein they abide forever. This is easy for ? to do."

and the Baha'i writings:

"Blessed souls whether Moses, Jesus, Zoroaster, Krishna, Buddha, Confucius, or Muhammad were the cause of the illumination of the world of humanity. How can we deny such irrefutable proof? How can we be blind to such light?"

"The real teaching of Buddha is the same as the teaching of Jesus Christ. The teachings of all the Prophets are the same in character. Now men have changed the teaching. If you look at the present practice of the Buddhist religion, you will see that there is little of the Reality left. Many worship idols although their teaching forbids it.

Buddha had disciples and he wished to send them out into the world to teach, so he asked them questions to see if they were prepared as he would have them be. "When you go to the East and to the West," said the Buddha, "and the people shut their doors to you and refuse to speak to you, what will you do?" ö The disciples answered and said; "We shall be very thankful that they do us no harm." ö "Then if they do you harm and mock, what will you do?" ö 'We shall be very thankful that they do not give us worse treatment." ö "If they throw you into prison?" ö 'We shall still be grateful that they do not ? us." ö "What if they were to ? you?" the Master asked for the last time. "Still," answered the disciples, "we will be thankful, for they cause us to be martyrs. What more glorious fate is there than this, to die for the glory of ? ?" And the Buddha said: "Well done!" The teaching of Buddha was like a young and beautiful child, and now it has become as an old and decrepit man. Like the aged man it cannot see, it cannot hear, it cannot remember anything"

"The Message of Krishna is the message of love. All ? 's prophets have brought the message of love...."

"A star has the same radiance if it shines from the East or from the West. Be free from prejudice, so will you love the Sun of Truth from whatsoever point in the horizon it may arise! You will realize that if the Divine light of truth shone in Jesus Christ it also shone in Moses and in Buddha. The earnest seeker will arrive at this truth...."
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Qur'an: Sura 4

"[4:163] We have inspired you, as we inspired Noah and the prophets after him. And we inspired Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, the Patriarchs, Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon. And we gave David the Psalms.

[4:164] Messengers we have told you about, and messengers we never told you about. And ? spoke to Moses directly.

[4:165] Messengers to deliver good news, as well as warnings. Thus, the people will have no excuse when they face ? , after all these messengers have come to them. ? is Almighty, Most Wise.

[4:166] But ? bears witness concerning what He has revealed to you; He has revealed it with His knowledge. And the angels bear witness as well, but ? suffices as witness.

[4:167] Surely, those who disbelieve and repel from the way of ? have strayed far astray.

[4:168] Those who disbelieve and transgress, ? will not forgive them, nor will He guide them in any way;

[4:169] except the way to Hell, wherein they abide forever. This is easy for ? to do."

and the Baha'i writings:

"Blessed souls whether Moses, Jesus, Zoroaster, Krishna, Buddha, Confucius, or Muhammad were the cause of the illumination of the world of humanity. How can we deny such irrefutable proof? How can we be blind to such light?"

"The real teaching of Buddha is the same as the teaching of Jesus Christ. The teachings of all the Prophets are the same in character. Now men have changed the teaching. If you look at the present practice of the Buddhist religion, you will see that there is little of the Reality left. Many worship idols although their teaching forbids it.

Buddha had disciples and he wished to send them out into the world to teach, so he asked them questions to see if they were prepared as he would have them be. "When you go to the East and to the West," said the Buddha, "and the people shut their doors to you and refuse to speak to you, what will you do?" ö The disciples answered and said; "We shall be very thankful that they do us no harm." ö "Then if they do you harm and mock, what will you do?" ö 'We shall be very thankful that they do not give us worse treatment." ö "If they throw you into prison?" ö 'We shall still be grateful that they do not ? us." ö "What if they were to ? you?" the Master asked for the last time. "Still," answered the disciples, "we will be thankful, for they cause us to be martyrs. What more glorious fate is there than this, to die for the glory of ? ?" And the Buddha said: "Well done!" The teaching of Buddha was like a young and beautiful child, and now it has become as an old and decrepit man. Like the aged man it cannot see, it cannot hear, it cannot remember anything"

"The Message of Krishna is the message of love. All ? 's prophets have brought the message of love...."

"A star has the same radiance if it shines from the East or from the West. Be free from prejudice, so will you love the Sun of Truth from whatsoever point in the horizon it may arise! You will realize that if the Divine light of truth shone in Jesus Christ it also shone in Moses and in Buddha. The earnest seeker will arrive at this truth...."

All those writings are pagan my friend. They are not inspired by the ? of this universe, rather they are inspired by the ? of this age, Satan himself. The only credible, infallible, irrefutable, inerrant, and authoritative word is the word of ? . Nothing more and nothing less.

? said that there is ONLY one way to heaven and that is through His Son, Jesus Christ. You either take it or you leave it. I believe ? my brother. How bout you?
  • konceptjones
    edited July 2010
    Options
    All those writings are pagan my friend. They are not inspired by the ? of this universe, rather they are inspired by the ? of this age, Satan himself. The only credible, infallible, irrefutable, inerrant, and authoritative word is the word of ? . Nothing more and nothing less.

? said that there is ONLY one way to heaven and that is through His Son, Jesus Christ. You either take it or you leave it. I believe ? my brother. How bout you?

? did not say that at all. Again, if you quote pretty much anything from the New Testament, you're quoting the very satan you claim is misleading everyone else. Sauls writings were not from ? . Until you learn that, you will be lost.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »

Or some sorta Mixture of both given the Region all the stories come from ...........To the bolded.........LMFAO sooo tru
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? did not say that at all. Again, if you quote pretty much anything from the New Testament, you're quoting the very satan you claim is misleading everyone else. Sauls writings were not from ? . Until you learn that, you will be lost.

So your telling me that satan said this?

"7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to ? , and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly"John 10:7-10
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited July 2010
    Options

"7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to ? , and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly"John 10:7-10

Yup, that's why he is considered the great deceiver, a title in which he seems to have filled out pretty well.
  • judahxulu
    edited July 2010
    Options

Even if he did say that, he's only come but TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL. According to the new testament, you would have been referred to as a dog, gentile. So is the new testament infallible or not? Are you a dog or a believer? Cant have it both ways...