Options
2»

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    When I was managing at Target, they have a policy that you can't have 3 no call no shows in a 12 month period or you'll be fired.

One of my best cashiers, older lady who always came in and did her job ended up having some heart problems. She always was on time never missed a day and if she needed to switch her schedule she would find somebody to swap a shift with her in a timely manner.

She kept taking days off and couldn't get enough people to swap her shifts as she started to spend more time in the hospital and she couldn't take a leave of absence cuz she not salary and she wouldn't get paid.

She ended up getting 2 no call no shows in a 3 month time period and I had to write her up and let her know that one more and she would be fired. She was in tears cuz she understood the rule but was sick and still showing up. I felt terrible having to write her up cuz I respected her a lot.

After that, HR scheduled her damn near every day for her to get that 3rd no call no show to get her fired and it happened eventually.

After that, I couldn't work in retail ever again cuz that ? was grimey

No call no show is when you just don't show up for work and don't call out right? Why she ain't just call out on days she wasn't coming?

If its anything like the stores I worked at, she's in a no win situation. There's only a certain amount of times she can call out
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Walmart and McDonalds are terrible employers. I never ever shop at Walmart. But they continue to grow because they make a lot of profits by underpaying their employs and doing ? like this. They already opening stores in DC. Smh
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? 's disgusting, Costco and BJs it is can't ? with Wal-mart or Sam's Club
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say bruh them boneless General Tso wings you get out the Wal Mart deli be off the chain though....
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    When I was managing at Target, they have a policy that you can't have 3 no call no shows in a 12 month period or you'll be fired.

One of my best cashiers, older lady who always came in and did her job ended up having some heart problems. She always was on time never missed a day and if she needed to switch her schedule she would find somebody to swap a shift with her in a timely manner.

She kept taking days off and couldn't get enough people to swap her shifts as she started to spend more time in the hospital and she couldn't take a leave of absence cuz she not salary and she wouldn't get paid.

She ended up getting 2 no call no shows in a 3 month time period and I had to write her up and let her know that one more and she would be fired. She was in tears cuz she understood the rule but was sick and still showing up. I felt terrible having to write her up cuz I respected her a lot.

After that, HR scheduled her damn near every day for her to get that 3rd no call no show to get her fired and it happened eventually.

After that, I couldn't work in retail ever again cuz that ? was grimey

No call no show is when you just don't show up for work and don't call out right? Why she ain't just call out on days she wasn't coming?

If its anything like the stores I worked at, she's in a no win situation. There's only a certain amount of times she can call out

Yea u probably right, they not gonna give a ? either way
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    It's only 2 percent, you ? liberals, ? .
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say bruh them boneless General Tso wings you get out the Wal Mart deli be off the chain though....

Bruh, their wings are weak as ? . Went through there hungry one day and figured I'd get some buffalo wings. ? were too salty and didn't have no flavor. ? made me especially mad since I flirted with the chick to give me a few extra wings for free smh.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Who still shops at that ? ?

That's why they'll NEVER bring FuckMart to NYC.

NYC is not going for that ? ? they want to make a Walmart in new york city they have to make union and we all know Walmart is against unions.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

What's wrong with sams club?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's wrong with sams club?

@atribecalledgabi‌

They're owned by Walmart.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn smh, like the Walmart family can't afford to take care of these employees?? Greed is turning America into a race for the bottom, a race to see who can pay their workers the least amount of money and insurance to save costs. This isn't the America I remember growing up, things have changed
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another reason why i ? with Costco
    great prices/customer service, they make money hand over fist without ? their employees
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »

Bruh, their wings are weak as ? . Went through there hungry one day and figured I'd get some buffalo wings. ? were too salty and didn't have no flavor. ? made me especially mad since I flirted with the chick to give me a few extra wings for free smh.

Bruh I said the General Tso's, they regular wings are ? trash.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Retail is most definitely the worse.

When I used to work at saks fifth ave. we had a manager that worked there for about 11 years. Her sister just died from cancer, so My manager goes to the store manager and ask for a few days off to help with the funeral and everything. ? store manager said "why? People die everyday. get over it" smh. Thats the most foulest ? I ever heard someone tell someone else that just lost a loved one or in general really. ? must've just finished watching paid in full or some ? .

Ill never in my life work retail, especially wal-mart

My family would have had to bail me out. And the manager would have been getting my foot pulled out his ass
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only if all the employees could do a strike for one day maybe even half a day things might change.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A couple of thoughts on Walmart’s decision to stop offering employer sponsored health insurance for part time workers effective 1/1/15.

-This is an obvious money saving move for Walmart as it gets them off the hook for some premiums.

-For part time workers who live in Medicaid expansion states and make approximately average Walmart wages this is an unmitigated big win. Sarah Kliff at Vox explains:

A small minority of part-time workers are currently offered health benefits at their company. ADP Research Institute estimated in 2013 that about 15 percent of part-timers had the chance to buy into their company plan. And, perhaps even more interesting, only about half of those who had the opportunity actually bought the coverage…

Think of the 36-year-old Walmart employee here in Washington, D.C. who works 29 hours per week at the company’s average wage of $12.73 per hour. She earns just about $19,000 annually if she works every week of the year.

If Walmart doesn’t offer her insurance, the Kaiser Family Foundation’s subsidy calculator shows that she qualifies for a $1,751 subsidy from the federal government to help buy coverage on the exchange. With that financial help, she can buy insurance for as little as an $7 per month…. Walmart’s plan, meanwhile, is way more expensive. The average premium there works out to $111 per month.

-Walmart workers who earn less than 100% FPL in non-expansion states are ? as they lost their employer sponsored healthcare and can not get on Medicaid expansion and can not get subsidies on Exchange. If they were already buying Walmart health insurance, they are probably sick, so they probably would have been looking to get Gold or Platinum coverage on Exchange which is now incredibly unaffordable. ? you Chief Justice Roberts et al.

Walmart’s full time workers should see their risk pool get significantly healthier and thus cheaper. The part timers who were taking up Walmart ESI were probably sicker on average as that is the only case when a employee contribution towards premiums of $1,500 5,000 or more per year would make sense is if they knew they were going to have big claims due to general ill health, age, or chronic conditions. The Exchanges and Medicaid act as a defacto high risk pool for Walmart now.

-Exchange subsidies go up but people are less tied to their employers for insurance — this is how the future will be, so we should see this type of logic happen at almost all large, low wage employers in the next two or three years.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/2014/10/08/walmart-thoughts/

Yeah, McDonalds technically always offered their employees ? health insurance too....for like more than their paycheck a month lol.

Note the bit about "non-expansion states". These are mostly the right-wing cracka redneck Confederate Slave State shitholes like Mississippi that are literally refusing to help their poor and most vulnerable citizens get access to Medicaid because they hate the fact that the help would be coming from That African Muslim ? President's signature achievement. Doesn't even damage Obama or the reform law or anything. Just poor people. Out of spite.

Did I mention that said poor people tend to be disproportionately black?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    That's what I'm saying. I don't see how Republicans can cling to this belief that if you let these companies do whatever they want, things will work out better for the people.
    i'm not sure this is limited to Republicans (which may be the problem)

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance

LOL....apparently not
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Death to the institution of capitalism.