Michael Jackson's 'THRILLER' Diaries...

Options
rip.dilla
rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/features/2010/07/michael-jackson-thriller-201007

^^ I have the article on hard copy... very intriguing read and the beginning of the end (RIP)

Comments

• still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    How the hell did he not get at Ola Ray...Mike Come on son.
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2010
    Options
    still-SBP wrote: »
    How the hell did he not get at Ola Ray...Mike Come on son.

The chick had the hots for him SMH... Mike had it bad growing up for real
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Seconds later Jackson steps into his nimbus of light, and it is as if he flips on an internal switch: he smiles, he glows, he mesmerizes. Landis executes the long crane shot, then moves in for close-ups and dialogue. “It’s only a movie,” Jackson reassures his date. “You were scared, weren’t you?”

Landis calls for another take and coaxes: “Make it sexy this time.”

“How?” asks Jackson.

“You know, as if you want to ? her.”

The star flinches and licks his lips uncomfortably

I died....I ? DIED!!!!
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ^^^^^ I laughed at that too.
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    As much as I'd be willing to read many stuff written about him, I get sick and tired of some industry cats talking about him like they knew him well. John Landis, Ola Ray, all of 'em ain't got no business reminiscing about their own version of MJ publicly.

The only good part of the whole article:
    A musical savant, young Michael hungrily devoured show-business knowledge and studied favorite entertainers from Fred Astaire to James Brown to the Beatles. Ron Weisner, hired by Joe Jackson in ’76 to co-manage the Jacksons, recalls that on tour Michael—exhibiting the insomnia that plagued him throughout his life (and would be a factor in the drug overdose that killed him)—stayed up late after each show. “We’d be on the bus and we had a little TV and VHS player. He would watch tapes of James Brown and Jackie Wilson over and over until his brothers were screaming and cursing him and throwing things at the TV. The next day they would hide the tape, and Michael would be crying. He would never, never, never stop.”
    Mike was always proud of his cultural heritage and always showed respect for the two.
  • rip.dilla
    edited July 2010
    Options
    inia wrote: »
    As much as I'd be willing to read many stuff written about him, I get sick and tired of some industry cats talking about him like they knew him well. John Landis, Ola Ray, all of 'em ain't got no business reminiscing about their own version of MJ publicly.

The only good part of the whole article:

Mike was always proud of his cultural heritage and always showed respect for the two.

No problem with that for me... they're just sharing their experiences with the world on the set of the GREATEST MUSIC VIDEO ever made... and if you read the last part of the article, Ray says she wishes she was in his life 'cos no one knows the guy was dealing with a lot of ? at the time... psychologically and mentally
  • inia
    inia Members Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    No problem with that for me... they're just sharing their experiences with the world on the set of the GREATEST MUSIC VIDEO ever made... and if you read the last part of the article, Ray says she wishes she was in his life 'cos no one knows the guy was dealing with a lot of ? at the time... psychologically and mentally
    Call me bitter...Now that he's gone, I'm just sick of many industry cats who pretend to care about him as a person. He went through a whole lotta ? and we know who were there for him.

Back to the article itself...
    1) Of course, Joe Jackson ? him up, but it wasn't Joe's complete victory. Mike was the only spunky kid out of all the siblings. He did fight back as a lil kid and a grown man. I'm glad he had that backbone. Because he stood up to his father, he could preserve his sanity, IMO. He wasn't soft. Don't let his public image fool you.

2) Can't believe EVERY SINGLE thing Ola Ray said about them gettin down in his trailer. Maybe they did, maybe not. If not, then he chose not to. Early on, he learned getting with industry chicks could be dangerous. It ain't really about how socially awkward or how immature he was.

3)
    Vince Paterson, who helped with the choreography in “Thriller,” says that Jackson would ask him startlingly ignorant questions about sex—“simple, biological, stupid 12-year-old questions.” He adds, “I never saw Michael as a sexual creature. He was always sort of asexual to me—some people are like that. I never had one vibe, as dynamic and electric and powerful as he was. He was like nobody I had ever met in my life. On the one hand he was so socially ? , and on the other hand he was a creative genius.”
    Just another "MJ was asexual" BS story. He was a shy guy, but far from ignorant about adult/R-rated ? . He grew up in showbusiness-many people seem to forget what this really means. He grew up performing at strip clubs, reading Playboy, watching groupies, ambitious women who were willing to sleep their way to the top, hanging out at the Studio 54, the Playboy mansion, etc. He was a prankster, so it could be that he was just clownin around like that, acting naive. As a kid, more exactly, when many average kids around his age have no clue or just start getting curious, he already learned that how ? sex could be when hunger for money, fame, and power is involved. A totally different matter from how he viewed sex between two people in love and he had a healthy interest in it just as any normal, straight guy does.
    Plus, just becuz a guy don't brag about their sex appeal or don't sleep around when he can, that don't mean he was asexual.