Group of Cardinals Fans Selling T-Shirts Supporting Killer Cop Darren Wilson...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/10/10/group-of-cardinals-fans-selling-t-shirts-supporting-officer-darren-wilson/
ST. LOUIS (CBS St. Louis/AP)

A group of St. Louis Cardinals fans known as “We Are Darren Wilson” are selling T-shirts supporting the Ferguson police officer who fatally shot 18-year-old Michael Brown to wear for the National League Championship Series that begins Saturday.

The front of the shirt reads “Go Cards,” and the back says “Darren Wilson 6.”

The shirts are being sold at Barney’s Sports Pub for $20. The group is also selling wristbands for $5.

“The support for Officer Darren Wilson has grown remarkably since August 9, 2014. We encourage you to stand with us, locally, nationally, and across the world, in support of this exemplary law enforcement officer. Many officers have lost their lives in the line of duty. Officer Wilson defended himself and his community from a physical threat, fortunately surviving the battle. He deserves our unwavering support for his bravery while protecting and serving the community of Ferguson, Missouri,” the group states on its Facebook page.

During Monday’s NLDS game against the Dodgers, Cardinals fans came face-to-face with Ferguson protesters outside Busch Stadium.

The video shows a small group chanting “Justice for Mike Brown,” when a larger group of fans chant, “Let’s go Cardinals.”

Some fans also started chanting, “Let’s go Darren.”

The shooting death of Brown in August set off violent protests in Ferguson for weeks.

Organizers say thousands of activists and protesters from around the country are expected to come to the St. Louis area for four days of rallies, marches and civil disobedience to protest the Ferguson shooting, racial profiling and police violence. The events start Friday and include a march Saturday in downtown St. Louis.

Comments

• count  remy
    count remy Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    That's some ? ; now if ? start running around with shirts supporting Eric Frein, it would be a problem. I'd buy one and they couldn't play the race card either.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    count remy wrote: »
    That's some ? ; now if ? start running around with shirts supporting Eric Frein, it would be a problem. I'd buy one and they couldn't play the race card either.
    this is a good idea. I don't wear shirts with people's faces on em(maybe bob marley or marcus garvey I would) but if I was going to that game id look into a eric, mike brown, or dorner tshirt. ....and sit right by them ? .
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way white people go about saying ? the world is truly priceless. They really give no ? about anybody or anything thats not white. They wake up everyday living what Lennox from Belly said " I run ? , get lots of money and I murder for fun!!!"
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your a minority on the cardinals how does this make you feel? How could you play in comfort knowing there actually supporting the killing of another young minority.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about it..

Why are they supporting him?

Because he shot an unarmed Black teen who was in the process of surrendering?

Only white people would be proud of something like that.

Well they are from the same stock of people that took pics like this:

Williambrownlynched.jpg
    Duluth-lynching-postcard.jpg
    event_omaha_courthouse_lynching.jpg

I'm thinking about framing one of the above pics and putting it up on the wall.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about it..

Why are they supporting him?

Because he shot an unarmed Black teen who was in the process of surrendering?

Only white people would be proud of something like that.

Well they are from the same stock of people that took pics like this:

Williambrownlynched.jpg
    Duluth-lynching-postcard.jpg
    event_omaha_courthouse_lynching.jpg

And to be even more barbaric, they used to take parts of the bodies afterwards and keep them as souvenirs smh.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the white devil is always trying to mess with black ? .
  • THIRDSUPREME
    When I said I'm thinking about framing one of the above pics and putting it on my wall....I got an abuse from one of you ? . But the problem with our people is that we too frequently forget about ? like this. You know how many ? got a pic of Obama hanging on the wall? I want this image reinforced in the minds of everyone who passes through so that we never forget.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured that's what u meant that's y I goated u.

#neverforget

It would be even iller to have it in an office setting where everyone can c, but I highly doubt that'd b good for job security.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    gns wrote: »
    I figured that's what u meant that's y I goated u.

#neverforget

It would be even iller to have it in an office setting where everyone can c, but I highly doubt that'd b good for job security.

Unless you worked for 40 acres and a mule or something. Any and everything pro black os always cast in a negative light.

Even in the privacy of our own homes we try to hide the truth like this kinda ? never went down.

Emmit Tills mom asked for an open casket for a reason! She wanted everyone to remember what they did to a young black boy out of pure evil. We are way to comfortable outchea if you ask me.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    When I said I'm thinking about framing one of the above pics and putting it on my wall....I got an abuse from one of you ? . But the problem with our people is that we too frequently forget about ? like this. You know how many ? got a pic of Obama hanging on the wall? I want this image reinforced in the minds of everyone who passes through so that we never forget.

lol I knew that's what you meant, but I also knew your post would need that explanation at some point. This is one of those times where I think Whites are the ones who need the wake up call more than ? . Even some of the bonafide ? actually remember ? like this, they are just so ? in the head it doesn't matter to them. However, Whites seem to actually block ? like this from their memories. Everytime racism comes up, one of them is on some "Ya'll need to get past slavery. That ended hundreds of years ago." It's like those fools forget that ? like this was still happening decades after slavery ended.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea. And some dude killed himself ? a cow heart pinched with jumping cables at crazy wattages.

Its not surprising nor shocking. Nor do I give a ? .
  • THIRDSUPREME

lol I knew that's what you meant, but I also knew your post would need that explanation at some point. This is one of those times where I think Whites are the ones who need the wake up call more than whites. Even some of the bonafide ? actually remember ? like this, they are just so ? in the head it doesn't matter to them. However, Whites seem to actually block ? like this from their memories. Everytime racism comes up, one of them is on some "Ya'll need to get past slavery. That ended hundreds of years ago." It's like those fools forget that ? like this was still happening decades after slavery ended.

I might just have to put this ? on a T-shirt then.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are we prepared to do about it
    Is the bigger question

Am I ready to put my life on the line for what I believe
    Even when its not popular or public opinion

Or continue to be pimped by the Institution and the Institutionalized
    "Go Deeper"
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    obviously karl didn't get the implication of my post. you got all types of people in this world...choose your battles. How is it shocking in 2014 that this is happening? Is this a call to arms? Or are we just talking about it?

It's 2014 and if you don't think a maphuka out there on the opposite side of your mind spectrum isn't breathing the same air you breathe, you lost out here. Right now some ? getting treated wrong for his skin color. Somewhere some racist white ? is saying ? every other word, listening to country music that expresses his sentiments. So what you doing about it?

You gotta watch what you intake into your aura. So what about them maphukas. ? em. Hope they burn in hell. Until it time to go to war, I'm not thinking about that ? . Got too much I gotta take care of now to be thinking about this ? .
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its impossible to deny racism exists, but i honestly dont believe all the people who participate in ? like this hate black people. some of them truly believe the cop was in the right and was defending himself. its all about perspective. this isnt me taking their side, but im just saying, i think people overestimate how much thought is put into white peoples actions sometimes. i dont think most do this type of thing to be like "? black people!", moreso because from their perspective, a cop is being protested/persecuted "unjustly". its definitely inconsiderate though, and kinda dumb.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    Really??? Come on cuz. Do you think if this was a black cop they would support him? There actions speak volumes when it comes to minorities. The first thing they say is GO Home, then he is a thug which means ? now. All white people are NOT racist but I believe they have it in them . If you scream USA at a baseball game against protestors from America then your views are slightly off. If you scream darrin Wilson at a nationally televised game you clearly don't give a fucc. I wish black people we so non forgiven.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    My bad so forgiven. It's 5am here pardon the typos
    Really??? Come on cuz. Do you think if this was a black cop they would support him? There actions speak volumes when it comes to minorities. The first thing they say is GO Home, then he is a thug which means ? now. All white people are NOT racist but I believe they have it in them . If you scream USA at a baseball game against protestors from America then your views are slightly off. If you scream darrin Wilson at a nationally televised game you clearly don't give a fucc. I wish black people we so non forgiven.

• riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

just reading the first couple sentences..do you really believe that black people would care about Mike Brown if he was white? thats just the world we live in, unfortunately. like i said though, i think people give the average white person too much credit. they arent as cunning as people think.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    riddlerap wrote: »

just reading the first couple sentences..do you really believe that black people would care about Mike Brown if he was white? thats just the world we live in, unfortunately. like i said though, i think people give the average white person too much credit. they arent as cunning as people think.
    no we wouldnt give a ? if he was white.we would feel more like ...see these cops are outta control and they took one of your own.

but think about if brown was a white kid and the cop that killed him was black.

white would protect but think about how the news would cover a bunch of black people selling shirts to support the cop.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    riddlerap wrote: »

No I would not care if he was not white. But I would not support the murder by donations of a innocent kid. I would protest in defense of a killer at a sporting event. Right is right. You trying to defuse racism in America by saying they don't put too much thought into black people. Are you ? crazy homie