Officer Involved....

Options
DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in The Social Lounge
So cops have gotten so out of control VICE News has been able to start their own section on purely Officer Involved fuckery....so I figured the Social Lounge should have ourr own thread too...instead of making one every single time some ? happens....

@janklow‌ sticky it if you think it'll take off....

We can start with this black ass ? ? and all around ass...

Caught wearing a murder victims watch SMMFH

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2014/10/09/cop-homicide-victim-watch/17011525/

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Damn it seems cops are getting more and more corrupted these days, wtf is going on....body cameras on cops needs to be MANDATORY as soon as ? possible, this ? is getting out of hand. Who is training cops these days, Israeli special forces?
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Corruption by law enforcement is nothing new. It's just now it is more likely for it to be caught on video by people with camera phones. And not to take away from the senselessness of the acts...it just seems like catching bad cops in the act is more of a trend; like...what new ways can we find bad cops doing something to hurt the innocent. It's like I've never seen this much exposure since the Rodney King beating.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    @janklow‌ sticky it if you think it'll take off....
    done and done
    Who is training cops these days, Israeli special forces?
    Israeli special forces would likely be more professional.

• janklow
    Options
    also, LOCAL CONTENT:
    UNDUE FORCE
    The city has paid about $5.7 million since 2011 over lawsuits claiming that police officers brazenly beat up alleged suspects. One hidden cost: The perception that officers are violent can poison the relationship between residents and police.

On a cold January afternoon, Jerriel Lyles parked his car in front of the P&J Carry Out on East Monument Street and darted inside to buy some food. After paying for a box of chicken, he noticed a big guy in jeans, a hooded sweatshirt and a baseball cap.

“What’s up?” the man said to Lyles. Others, also dressed in jeans and hoodies, blocked the door to the street — making Lyles fear that he would be robbed. Instead, the man identified himself a police officer, frisked Lyles and demanded he sit on the greasy floor. Lyles objected.

“The officer hit me so hard it felt like his radio was in his hand,” Lyles testified about the 2009 incident, after suing Detective David Greene. “The blow was so heavy. My eyes swelled up. Blood was dripping down my nose and out my eye.”
    long article, so you'll have to follow the link if you want to share the outrage
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Damn it seems cops are getting more and more corrupted these days, wtf is going on....body cameras on cops needs to be MANDATORY as soon as ? possible, this ? is getting out of hand. Who is training cops these days, Israeli special forces?

Now that you mention it...
    The Ferguson/Palestine Connection
    AS THE UNREST CONTINUES, THE ST. LOUIS POLICE COLLABORATION WITH ISRAEL UNDERSCORES CONNECTED STRUGGLES

stlouispolice_art_caro_article-small_45360.jpg

The St. Louis County Police Department that killed Michael Brown and initially placed Ferguson on siege, has trained with the Israeli military. Former County Police Chief Timothy Fitch was one of 15 American officials to participate in a weeklong training in Israel three years ago.
    110128111711_012811_fitch.jpg
    St. Louis County Police Chief Timothy Fitch.
    http://archive.ksdk.com/news/article/251178/147/Chief-Fitch-visiting-Israel-for-counter-terrorism-

http://dc.adl.org/national-counter-terrorism-seminar-in-israel/

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/rania-khalek/israel-trained-police-occupy-missouri-after-killing-black-youth

NYPD Opens Branch in Israel
    The New York Police Department opened its Israeli branch in the Sharon District Police headquarters in Kfar Saba. Charlie Ben-Naim, a former Israeli and veteran NYPD detective, was sent on this mission.
    http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/security/01/09/nypd-kfar-saba-branch-new-york-p.html#

The April 2011 National Counter-Terrorism Seminar (NCTS) was sponsored by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL). It brought together leaders from the largest American police departments, the FBI and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) with members of the Israeli National Police, Israel Defense Forces and other intelligence organizations.

"NCTS enables Israel's counterterrorism experts to share their knowledge and lessons learned, to help American law enforcement better protect America, and prevent us from having to learn the same lessons the hard way," an ADL press release said.

A spokesperson for the police department was unable to provide information about the trip's influence on subsequent operations in the county. The ADL was unavailable for immediate comment.

Over 9,000 American officials have trained with Israeli police and military units on responding to civilian protests and terrorism. These operations reflect failure to distinguish between the apparent duty of police to protect civilians and military responses to war. This fusion has had life-costing implications for Americans, specifically black, Muslim and Arab people.

In 2006, 92-year-old Kathryn Johnson was shot and killed by Atlanta police, who had participated in an exchange program with Israeli soldiers on counterterrorism and drug enforcement. The Oakland police who used tear gas and rubber bullets against Occupy Oakland protesters in 2010 were fresh off a joint training exercise with Israeli and Bahraini police forces. An NYPD official reported that the department's now-disbanded "Demographics Unit," which spied on Muslim and Arab citizens, was modeled on Israel's practices in the West Bank.

LAPD executives took a trip to Israel in 2013 to learn about drones and other surveillance mechanisms.

"We are much more alike than dis-alike," said the LAPD's head IT person during the trip. "As civilized nations, we are all confronted with, in many cases, the same enemy: The ever-growing threat of terrorism and other major criminal elements."

The LAPD added drones to its cache of equipment in May.

While the Los Angeles drones are not Israeli-made, Israel is the world's largest drone exporter. Outside of the US, the drones have been used by governments from Canada to Australia and Brazil, where their intended purpose is for internal security and the war on crime.

****Continued in link below (long article) ****
    http://www.ebony.com/news-views/the-fergusonpalestine-connection-403#axzz3G5zTQOC7
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh8axr9Z82FIzr7fYZ

Got this off WorldStar...

Cop slapped some guy and snatched his keys because he refused a search of his vehicle.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Smart guns" could bring transparency to police shootings
    Santa Cruz Sheriff Phil Wowack: This product will give us the ability to know at the exact time that that officer drew their weapon, the time between the drawing of the weapon and the firing of the weapon, and then the exact time between each individual shot.

Bob Orr: So this is not about tracking the actions of your officers or keeping some kind of database on how often so and so pulls a weapon?

Santa Cruz Sheriff Phil Wowack: Not at all, not at all. It really is about knowing when a person is engaged in a hostile confrontation, and getting them the assistance they need to make that situation safe.

953.gif
    What America’s police departments don’t want you to know
    By Eugene Robinson Opinion writer December 1 at 8:42 PM

2014-12-01T022744Z_01_AAL111_RTRIDSP_3_USA-MISSOURI-SHOOTING-3053.jpg?uuid=DbeRKnmiEeSE1HyJa5Cr3A
    Police in riot gear march towards protestors, who were demanding justice for Michael Brown, near the Edward Jones Dome, the site of an NFL football game between the St. Louis Rams and the Oakland Raiders, in downtown St. Louis, Missouri November 30, 2014. (Adrees Latif/Reuters)

Michael Brown’s death was part of a tragic and unacceptable pattern: Police officers in the United States shoot and ? civilians in shockingly high numbers. How many killings are there each year? No one can say for sure, because police departments don’t want us to know.

According to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report, in 2013 there were 461 “justifiable homicides” by police — defined as “the killing of a felon by a law enforcement officer in the line of duty.” In all but three of these reported killings, officers used firearms.

The true number of fatal police shootings is surely much higher, however, because many law enforcement agencies do not report to the FBI database. Attempts by journalists to compile more complete data by collating local news reports have resulted in estimates as high as 1,000 police killings a year. There is no way to know how many victims, like Brown, were unarmed.

***Continued in link below***
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eugene-robinson-its-a-crime-that-we-dont-know-how-many-people-police-shoot-to-death/2014/12/01/adedcb00-7998-11e4-b821-503cc7efed9e_story.html
  • janklow
    Options
    don't worry, while anti-gun politicians tell us how awesome smart guns will be for civilians, there is NO WAY they'll force them on the police.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think there has been an increase in corruption
    just an improved ability to prove it exists
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this thread was made just in the nic of time. Miami gardens police chief was caught in s prodtitution sting buying hookers off back page lol. The police stay ? ' up down here.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Inkster, MI — Dashcam video released on Tuesday, exposes several Inkster, Michigan cops as liars and thugs.

The incident began after police said 57-year-old Floyd Dent, improperly stopped at a stop sign, so they pulled him over.

When Dent stopped, two officers approached with guns drawn. He was yanked from the vehicle, thrown to the ground, choked, and severely beaten.

“The next thing I know, the officer runs up to me with his gun, you know, talking about blowing my head off,” Dent said. “Then he grabbed me out of the car and started beating on me, you know. I just couldn’t believe it.”

As the original two officers choked and beat Dent, “back up” arrived to join in on the lynching. Dent was subsequently tasered, three times.

“I’m lucky to be living. I think they was trying to ? me, especially when they had choked me. I mean, I was on my last breath. I kept telling the officer, ‘Please, I can’t breathe,’” Dent said.

Police originally claimed that they were acting in self-defense and charged Dent with resisting arrest, assault on an officer, and fleeing police. All of these charges would later be dropped after the judge watched the video. However, police claim they found ? in Dent’s car and he still faces a possession charge.

Dent claims that cops planted the ? in his car, and he has evidence to back this up.

Unfortunately for police, Dent, who recently retired after 37 years with the Ford Motor Co., has no criminal record at all. He also asked for a blood test at the hospital to confirm that he does not do drugs. The blood test confirmed that Dent was indeed telling the truth.

“I don’t have to sell drugs. I don’t sell drugs,” Dent said.

The officer who had Dent in the chokehold has previously been accused of planting drugs and lying. In 2003, he was charged by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for planting evidence and falsifying reports. However, being that cops are rarely found guilty of anything, he beat those charges.

But this is not stopping Dent from fighting the drug charges. The county offered Dent a plea deal that included probation and expunging the incident from his record six months from now. But he turned it down. Dent refuses to plead guilty to something he did not do.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-charge-man-assault-resisting-fleeing-video-proves-cops-liars/#Oo6mqRRzKXUzzg7K.99
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw this on the news.
    That video is disgusting.
    Man claims cops also planted evidence.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    635629016922311268-Dent-032515-0122-JJT.JPG

They out here framing the elderly
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the police... glad this brother got justice...

im at work.. link is blocked... are the cops facing charges yah or nah?
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of these cops should not be wearing the badge, I hope this guy does everything he can to drag these ? through the mud, sue the ? outta them all.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    But this is not stopping Dent from fighting the drug charges. The county offered Dent a plea deal that included probation and expunging the incident from his record six months from now. But he turned it down. Dent refuses to plead guilty to something he did not do.

smh, still trying to get him to admit guild, taking the cops side after all of this.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White folk need to do better.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised this guy didn't reach for their gun.