soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Quite Comical
Who wins best 2 out of 3?

Round 1: Fight on the beach
Round 2: Fight on top of the highest mountain on the planet
Round 3: Fight on an island with an erupting volcano

aang_by_madasama-d59rgzt.jpg
-As a reincarnation of the entity known as the Avatar, Aang possessed the power to bend all four elements, making him the most powerful ? of his time.

-His pacifistic Air Nomad nature halted the use of air as a deadly weapon, unless he was enraged or in the Avatar State. Instead, Aang used airbending for pure defense, evasion, or other round-about methods of combat other than aggression.

-While in the Avatar State, Aang could bend water from such remote distances a common waterbender could not reach, and he could raise the waters of an entire ocean, mimicking the moon pulling the tides, to cover an entire forest. He was also capable of compressing massive volumes of water into smaller streams, a normally incomprehensible skill, allowing an increase in force and pressure and making it easier to transport.

- Due to his pacifistic nature, Aang employed a more defensive style of earthbending, based on manipulating the earth to create walls, shelters and restraints to neutralize his opponents, rather than harm them. While in the Avatar State, Aang could manipulate massive columns of rock, compress boulders into pebbles, or send rocks flying at high speeds in rapid succession, while requiring no physical connection with the ground to earthbend.

-While in the Avatar State, Aang could create exceedingly strong and highly destructive streams of fire, as well as melt solid stone.

-Energy bending, merging with spirits

Black_Panther_Vol_4_18_Variant_Textless.jpg
- Storm is a mutant who possesses the psionic ability to manipulate weather patterns over limited areas. She can stimulate the creation of any form of precipitation such as rain or fog, generate winds in varying degrees of intensity up to and including hurricane force, raise or lower the humidity and temperature in her immediate vicinity, induce lightning and other electrical atmospheric phenomena, and disperse natural storms so as to create clear change. Storm can direct the path of certain atmospheric effects, such as bolts of lightning, with her hands. She has also demonstrated the ability to manipulate ocean currents, though the extent of this ability is still unclear.

-Storm’s control over the atmosphere is such that she can create certain effects over a specific area while shielding smaller areas within that region. For example, she can create a rainstorm around herself but prevent the raindrops from touching her. Storm can also create atmospheric phenomena over very small areas, such as creating a rainstorm small enough to water a single potted plant.

-Storm can only manipulate weather patterns as they exist in nature. For example, she can end a drought in one area by creating torrential rains there, but that would necessitate robbing all available moisture from the surrounding areas. Storm is not able to create atmospheric conditions that do not exist naturally on the planet she is on. For example, Storm is unable to lower temperatures as far as absolute zero or raise them to solar intensities on Earth.

-The limit to the size of the area over which Storm can manipulate the weather is not yet known. However, she once diverted the jet stream so as to create storms over the entire East Coast of the United States. She can create weather effects within indoor areas or within artificially maintained environments. Storm is limited by the force of her will and the strength of her body. It once took her several hours to stop a savage blizzard sweeping over much of Canada, and she nearly died from exhaustion in the process.

-Storm is able to fly by creating winds strong enough to support her weight, the weight of others, and to propel her forward through the air. Storm can thus travel as fast as any wind can, and has reached speeds up to 300 miles per hour. Her powers over the atmosphere enable her to breathe at any speed, protect her from air friction, and grant her limited immunity to extreme heat and cold.

-Storm is also able to alter her visual perception so as to perceive electrical energy patterns as well as those factors responsible for existing meteorological phenomena in her surrounding environment.

-Storm's ability to manipulate the weather in her immediate vicinity is affected by her emotions; hence, if she does not maintain control, a fit of rage might induce a destructive storm. Storm also suffers from severe claustrophobia.

Aang vs Storm 22 votes

Aang
45%
soul rattlerBelovedAfenibigduece69intlhakThe Lonious MonkAjackson17DrMindbender122Cocoa_ButterLord_Hades_08Jonah 2.0 10 votes
Storm
54%
Dupacnot this again!lord nemesiswaterproofCainNothingButTheTruthDarkRaidenCottonCitySlimBreezy_KilroyMARIO_DROBangEm_Bart Wind Rider 12 votes

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aang
    Interesting match. Storm is likely more powerful, but Aang's style is more geared towards combat. In a one on one match, I'd say he'd win.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Storm
    Storm's better than Aang in every way.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Storm
    Unbiased opinion. Storm can use the weather to protect her from any direct attacks from Aang while sending attacks at him----not only that but she can control body temperature and turn him into a combustible form of steaming guts. Weather is greater than elements. Aangs not fast enough to get to her in time before weather kills him and storms long distance attacks are too strong.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Aang
    You guys are selling Aang short. Again Storm is more powerful in that she can generate more ice, wind, and lightning than Aang, but none of that really matters. Aang only needs to be able to bend enough to protect himself, and in that Storm won't really able to able to attack him directly. He can bend wind, ice, and likely lightning too. The difference in the fight is that Aang can also bend earth and fire, neither of which are things Storm has any control over. On top of that, Aang's style is more intimately tied with fighting. Storm is a good combatant, but Aang's abilities are really all combat oriented. Then when you add in the fact that Aang has access to Avatar mode which would put his power levels closer to Storm's, Storm would really have a hard time beating him.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Storm
    Cool--but can Aang control his own body temperature from overheating or catching hypothermia?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Aang
    Shemite wrote: »
    Cool--but can Aang control his own body temperature from overheating or catching hypothermia?

Probably, being that he can generate fire from his body and bend the water in his body.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does Storm have Iceman's self doubt to a point she won't develop her powers? If not, she's got this.

Powers over the elements has to make her an Omega mutant.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Storm. Too much power. She catch Aang once and it's pretty much over. avatar state Aang might take a little more work but I still see Ororo coming out on top
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Storm
    If we're going with Aang from the time of the original series, then I give Storm the nod because of Aang's relative inexperience. I do think his ability to manipulate fire and earth could cause Storm some problems, though.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Aang
    We're talking adult Aang, so let's assume Aang's feats from the original series can be amplified by at least double.

I would think he could blood bend too or at least bend the air out of Storm's lungs.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Storm
    Come on Now, Storm becomes One with whatever planet she's on and one with the elements.

Storm will control whatever Aang throws at her
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Storm
    We're talking adult Aang, so let's assume Aang's feats from the original series can be amplified by at least double.

I would think he could blood bend too or at least bend the air out of Storm's lungs.

Wait what???

If that's the case, Aang is an omega level mutant and has the capabilities of beating most of marvel.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Aang

Wait what???

If that's the case, Aang is an omega level mutant and has the capabilities of beating most of marvel.
    tumblr_n9wx65yaO71rt4dtdo1_1280.gif

I don't think merely being able to take the air out of someone's lungs would make one an omega level mutant, as it probably isn't difficult for someone who is skilled enough in air bending
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah.
    Aang loves black ? and storm loves whiteboys and or anything that ain't black.

T'challa I think is the only black dude she's ever ? (cause he got in early) everyone else has been ; whiteboys, native americans, cracka canucks, etc..

Both race traitors would prolly run off somewhere and mass reproduce a mulatto race of mutant avatars and form a more advanced version of the fire nation.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Aang
    1. Aang is Asian

2. What the ? are you talking about lol
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Storm

Wait what???

I don't think merely being able to take the air out of someone's lungs would make one an omega level mutant, as it probably isn't difficult for someone who is skilled enough in air bending

Na, he'd be omega status in marvel.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Aang

Wait what???

Honestly, blood bending is more dangerous than that one technique of airbending, and any waterbender can blood bend during the full moon. Would that qualify all those people as omega level too?

Storm can command all the weather she wants but Aang can literally reach inside of her body and manipulate her movements in anyway he desired.

I don't see the argument against Aang here.
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    Storm

Wait what???

Honestly, blood bending is more dangerous than that one technique of airbending, and any waterbender can blood bend during the full moon. Would that qualify all those people as omega level too?

Storm can command all the weather she wants but Aang can literally reach inside of her body and manipulate her movements in anyway he desired.

Storm can do the same whether with water or air. Also Aang can't do nothing to a tornado/lightning/ice storm etc. All hitting him at once. Meanwhile she can control everything he can use except fire and earth which are easily countered by ice (she froze lava) and wind.

Aang can't bloodbend btw. He had trouble with that one bloodbender, Yakone, until he went Avatar mode. Also bloodbender just equals TK in marvel. Not that strong, nowhere near Omega Level Mutant.

Also someone said Aang's more combat orientated than Storm? Nah. She became leader of the X-Men on her combat ability alone and has beaten Cyclops and Callisto and other fighters hand 2 hand. She's combat through and through.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Storm

Wait what???

and storm can do it also, your blood have water and your body is 70% water, storm control the earth and weather elements, she is one with them, Storm got this, it's a wrap.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Aang
    Storm is one with the elements? So is Aang. That's why I made this thread. Lol.

Manipulating the blood in someone is not the same as telekinesis. You need to revisit how the mechanics of both work. A blood ? can't change what you see or think, just your physical movements.

And remember that while Storm has to be given time to summon all the thungder, ice, etc, adult Aang can go into the Avatar state in an instant. So saying that he struggled against Yakone really means nothing considering how easily he countered Yakone's bending. Generally, Aang is probably way faster than Storm as air is his base element.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Pretty sure Storm stomps this unless we're assuming she doesn't want to hurt him
  • DarkRaiden
    Options
    Storm
    Storm is one with the elements? So is Aang. That's why I made this thread. Lol.

Manipulating the blood in someone is not the same as telekinesis. You need to revisit how the mechanics of both work. A blood ? can't change what you see or think, just your physical movements.

And remember that while Storm has to be given time to summon all the thungder, ice, etc, adult Aang can go into the Avatar state in an instant. So saying that he struggled against Yakone really means nothing considering how easily he countered Yakone's bending. Generally, Aang is probably way faster than Storm as air is his base element.

@bolded: bruh. Tk can't control what you see or think either. That's telepathy. Telekinesis controls just....physical movements. It's exactly the same as bloodbending.

@underlined: Again, wrong. Storm's powers activate faster than thought. So before Aang has thought to go Avatar State, he's struck by lightning, suffocated, and trapped in a tornado with no escape with an ice shell for good measure. And he can't do anything to counter it.

Difference between Storm and Aang, Aang bends elements, Storm talks to them, they empower her, and she can control OTHER PEOPLE even when they turn into elements.

And Aang was literally knocked unconscious by Yakone until he went Avatar State (something he doesn't do often). So he was beaten by Yakone, meaning he can't blood bend.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Storm
    Storm can also withstand extreme heats, cold and atmospheric temperatures. She can separate hydrogen from oxygen and produce electrolysis out of her hands giving her the ability to shoot lightening and ice blast from her hands. Yea, Ororo got this. I had to do further research. She is an expert combatant and good with magic.
  • soul rattler
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Aang
    Storm can also withstand extreme heats, cold and atmospheric temperatures. She can separate hydrogen from oxygen and produce electrolysis out of her hands giving her the ability to shoot lightening and ice blast from her hands. Yea, Ororo got this. I had to do further research. She is an expert combatant and good with magic.

So???

Lol here's how it happens. Aang starts bending the earth at Storm, storm begins to levitate to avoid earth attacks, Aang shoots fire, storm counters it with air or water while summoning some type of lightening or snow storm, Aang goes into the Avatar state and encases himself in a ball of the four elements and throws it all at her at once to distract her and while she's busy breaking the rocks with lightening, he redirects it and zaps her out of the sky and blood bends her into submission and uses energy bending to lock her chakras making it impossible to move, then he kills her with fire.

Aang wins.