50 Greatest NBA Players: the Next Ten

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting comments in here, especially about KG.

KG's legacy is interesting to me, before the Boston championship he was regarded as somewhat of a choker who shot too many jump shots and was too passive in the clutch. I remember a interview he had with Bill Russell and the focus of that interview was the playoff struggles and at that time the repeat playoff misses. Now I'm hearing people make the argument that he's better than Duncan etc..never thought that. I always thought KG was a highly skilled guy, great to watch..but when its "winning time" he struggled.

I never believed he could win a ring as the best player/alpha dog and he never did. Finally won as a secondary option and wasn't looked to hit clutch shots or carry a team.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

KG's legacy is interesting to me, before the Boston championship he was regarded as somewhat of a choker who shot too many jump shots and was too passive in the clutch. I remember a interview he had with Bill Russell and the focus of that interview was the playoff struggles and at that time the repeat playoff misses. Now I'm hearing people make the argument that he's better than Duncan etc..never thought that. I always thought KG was a highly skilled guy, great to watch..but when its "winning time" he struggled.

I never believed he could win a ring as the best player/alpha dog and he never did. Finally won as a secondary option and wasn't looked to hit clutch shots or carry a team

Exactly.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaooo He was the "alpha dog" for the Celitics

Whatever that means
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PP was the O.G. Celtic but KG was That ? on the Celtics before he got injured. Ya ? shittin on KG too hard.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I never believed he could win a ring as the best player/alpha dog and he never did. Finally won as a secondary option and wasn't looked to hit clutch shots or carry a team.

Blah blah blah ...funny how the narrative is the exact same for all the ? who played on ? teams ...just like lebron ...Ohhh he ain't clutch ...Ohhh he ain't an "alpha male" put te ? on a competent team and magically ...ohhhh yeah ...he DA best ... He DA Mayne ...true leader ...pure excellence! Lmao ...what a joke