2nd Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola in Texas. Update: Flew to Ohio.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    It's not airborne, you idiot. Y'all believe any and every little stupid conspiracy out there, you ? nerds.

? if i sneeze in the wind and my microscopic spit molecules are any where near somebody mucas membranes then what the ? that mean?

No slap yourself in the face with a ball ping hammer you child rapin freak!

Is this conspiracy nerd you do an act, or do you have a shelter in place like a weirdo?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But but but its not airborne, jamel!!!

Technically, it's not. It would have to be living in the air independently, and it doesn't.

It's in the air through droplets, coughing or sneezing, and that's for a couple of minutes.

It's more possible for it to live independently on surfaces.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Georgia guidestones, plastic coffins, FEMA "camps" around the USA. They ain't even try to hide it tho!

• VIBE
    Options
    What the hell are you talking about now?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    What the hell are you talking about now?

It's on topic with the thread. You ever heard of the Georgia Guidestones?

Mentions keeping the earths population under 500,000,000. And I mentioned the appearance of mass amounts if plastic coffin liners in Georgia and other states a few years ago. The knowledge of FEMA camps across the US. Now comes the emergence of a virus with the possibility to link all of these things together.

purely speculation. But it makes you think.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I've heard of the guide stones, I think it's nothing more than hype of who made them and set them up rather than what it says.

As for the plastic coffins, never heard about those.

FEMA setting up, well, you gotta be prepared.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    I've heard of the guide stones, I think it's nothing more than hype of who made them and set them up rather than what it says.

I don't think its hype when it clearly sets a goal of keeping the population below 500 million. There are roughly 7 billion people in earth. That means some have to go....
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's gonna be in Fort Worth by the end of the week. Smh

ebola. coming to a town near you!
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »

I don't think its hype when it clearly sets a goal of keeping the population below 500 million. There are roughly 7 billion people in earth. That means some have to go....

What makes you think those guide stones are truth?
  • VIBE
    Options

How can they control a population down to 500 million?

That means those 500 million need to be clear of any illnesses or infections, how the hell do you suppose they'll do that?

Seems like too much work.

I think some group decided to put down, or someone, because they're a little off their rockers, and people ran w it. It's definitely eye/mind catching.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

What makes you think those guide stones are truth?

The fact that one of them are translate in an ancient Babylonian text speaks volumes. And the fact that there is a certain group of people responsible for them even being there....

we will see tho in time.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's gonna be in Fort Worth by the end of the week. Smh

Don't talk that ? .

That mean it would have to come thru on the 20 or 30 and that's right thru Arlington where I'm at.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The potential hundreds, thousands and millions that could have Ebola because of this hospital is ? up.

• Duncan came in and tested positive for Ebola.

• Was throwing up and had diarhhea

• was left exposed to other patients for hours, no telling how many

• was taken to a quarantine room

• nurses didn't have the proper protection

• hospital staff were in and out of that room without proper protection, or care to themselves

• nothing was cleaned up during or after his stay

• nurses tended to other patients after dealing w Mr. Duncan

• no mandatory meetings or training was called for

• nurses were emailed on what to do, that changed often but they were told to 'do what you want' w the information

I don't understand how you can be so careless about an Ebola case. So, now, because of all the contact to other patients, who go about their lives after they leave the hospital, it's very possible hundreds will have it, which quickly turns to thousands, then millions..

And holiday travel is around the corner

Muffugguhs think I'm crazy when I say this ? . I don't think they are looking at it from that perspective. You have an infected person who is around all of those people and then all of those people are around family, friends, random people....then you have all of those people who around even more people. Nobody is even aware that they have been exposed to an infected person until it's too late. The exposure becomes exponential.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm prerty sure more people have died of the flu than ebola since the start of this 'outbreak'..... that's none of my business though.

? .
  • nex gin
    Options
    I'm prerty sure more people have died of the flu than ebola since the start of this 'outbreak'..... that's none of my business though.

? .

I'll start worrying about the flu when it starts killing ~ 50%-70% of the people who get infected. ijs
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »

? .

I'll start worrying about the flu when it starts killing ~ 50%-70% of the people who get infected. ijs

Better look up the spanish flu pandemic my friend, the last REAL PANDEMIC. And the flu is airborne, unlike Ebola.
  • nex gin
    Options

? .

Better look up the spanish flu pandemic my friend, the last REAL PANDEMIC. And the flu is airborne, unlike Ebola.

Yes I am aware of that incident that occurred almost a century ago. Fortunately it's not the pandemic of the hour.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? .

tumblr_lu1b88jgNF1r5qrimo1_500.gif

And @blacksamson shut the ? up tryin to take credit...again. You-didnt-call-? .

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bet you ? learn how to cook and grow your own food now.

Go head on out to red lobster, olive garden whatever and eat off that fork, wipe your mouth with that cloth napkin and be sure to drink from that cup with the ice they got from an ice maker in the back which im pretty damn certain the lids been left up on.

Enjoy that taco bell.

Hope you brought a scarf and gloves for them bus rides.

You ? gon die.

Don't you live in Texas? ? YOU gon die
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

? .

Yes I am aware of that incident that occurred almost a century ago. Fortunately it's not the pandemic of the hour.

It's not a pandemic. Worldwide, less than 10,000 have contracted Ebola. Don't believe the media ? . You smarter than that, bruh
  • nex gin
    Options

? .

It's not a pandemic. Worldwide, less than 10,000 have contracted Ebola. Don't believe the media ? . You smarter than that, bruh

Yes...poor choice of words on my part. More sarcasm than anything.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nurses' union slams Texas hospital for lack of Ebola protocol

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health/texas-ebola-nurses-union-claims/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
    Here's a look at some of the allegations the nurses made, according to the union:

Claim: Duncan wasn't immediately isolated

On the day that Duncan was admitted to the hospital with possible Ebola symptoms, he was "left for several hours, not in isolation, in an area where other patients were present," union co-president Deborah Burger said.

Up to seven other patients were present in that area, the nurses said, according to the union.

A nursing supervisor faced resistance from hospital authorities when the supervisor demanded that Duncan be moved to an isolation unit, the nurses said, according to the union.

Perry heads to Europe despite Ebola situation

Claim: The nurses' protective gear left their necks exposed

After expressing concerns that their necks were exposed even as they wore protective gear, the nurses were told to wrap their necks with medical tape, the union says.

"They were told to use medical tape and had to use four to five pieces of medical tape wound around their neck. The nurses have expressed a lot of concern about how difficult it is to remove the tape from their neck," Burger said.

Claim: At one point, hazardous waste piled up

"There was no one to pick up hazardous waste as it piled to the ceiling," Burger said. "They did not have access to proper supplies."

Claim: Nurses got no "hands-on" training

"There was no mandate for nurses to attend training," Burger said, though they did receive an e-mail about a hospital seminar on Ebola.

"This was treated like hundreds of other seminars that were routinely offered to staff," she said.

Claim: The nurses "feel unsupported"

So why did the group of nurses -- the union wouldn't say how many -- contact the nursing union, which they don't belong to?

According to DeMoro, the nurses were upset after authorities appeared to blame nurse Pham, who has contracted Ebola, for not following protocols.

"This nurse was being blamed for not following protocols that did not exist. ... The nurses in that hospital were very angry, and they decided to contact us," DeMoro said.

And they're worried conditions at the hospital "may lead to infection of other nurses and patients," Burger said.

A hospital spokesman did not respond to the specific allegations, but said patient and employee safety is the hospital's top priority.

"We take compliance very seriously. We have numerous measures in place to provide a safe working environment, including mandatory annual training and a 24-7 hotline and other mechanisms that allow for anonymous reporting," hospital spokesman Wendell Watson said.

Concern grows about the spread of Ebola

The Dallas mayor declined to comment on the accusations against the hospital.

"I don't comment on anonymous allegations," Mike Rawlings said.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Second Ebola patient traveled to Ohio and traveled back to Texas one day before symptoms.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/15/ebola-patient-shouldnt-ha_n_5990968.html
    Top health officials said Wednesday that a nurse infected with Ebola never should have boarded a plane.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had announced earlier Wednesday that a second nurse who had cared for Thomas Eric Duncan, the first person to die from Ebola in the United States, had contracted the disease -- and also that the nurse had flown from Cleveland to Dallas on Monday, the day before she fell ill.

"She should not have traveled on a commercial airline," CDC director Tom Frieden told reporters during a conference call. "The CDC guidance in this setting outlines the need for what is called controlled movement. That can include a charter plane, that can include a car, but it does not include public transport."

Frieden said the nurse shouldn't have flown because she was one of the 76 nurses who had cared for Duncan, all of whom are under observation. He added that there was probably little risk of other people on her flight contracting Ebola, which is spread via contact with ? fluids, but the CDC is nevertheless reaching out to other passengers.

The fact that the patient number two did not have a fever until the next day, did not have nausea or vomiting on the plane, suggests to us that the risk to any around that individual on the plane would have been extremely low," Frieden said. "But we are going and will always put in extra measures of safety.”