Comments

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

LMAO...can't wait 2 see this in the THEATERS!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this dude got some of the most hilarious social commentary out there looks like rock in his natural state none of that shti he was on during grown ups

definetely looking out for this one
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the fact that Kevin Hart can do this without being the star of the movie
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    solid top 5 list
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait!!

No negative nancys yet? surprising.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris Rock's movies are underrated to me. I will go see this!
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    south4life wrote: »

Or rather just not have hart in it
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator

He may say some stupid ? , and he may need to re-up on his material but one thing about Hart is has always seemed humble enough to know those who paved a way for him and not be on some "I'm popping now ? you old ? and your old jokes" type ? some newer comedians get on when they blow up
  • StoneColdMikey
    Why people hate hart?? Dude does his thing without selling out . Yeah he said some stupid ? but cmon ain't nobody perfect . Yall so quick to judge
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why people hate hart?? Dude does his thing without selling out . Yeah he said some stupid ? but cmon ain't nobody perfect . Yall so quick to judge

Dude is definitely oversaturating the market on some No Limit Records type ? . I went and saw Horrible Bosses 2 in theaters and during the previews there were 3...count 'em 3 Kevin Hart movies:

Top Five (Can't wait to see it)
    Get Hard (Will see it, has potential and seems pretty damn edgy which I like)
    The Wedding Ringer (Seems like a mash-up of Wedding Crashers and I Love You, Man. Will obviously not be as good as either and has potential to be a real train-wreck.)

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Rampage12 wrote: »

Dude is definitely oversaturating the market on some No Limit Records type ? . I went and saw Horrible Bosses 2 in theaters and during the previews there were 3...count 'em 3 Kevin Hart movies:

Top Five (Can't wait to see it)
    Get Hard (Will see it, has potential and seems pretty damn edgy which I like)
    The Wedding Ringer (Seems like a mash-up of Wedding Crashers and I Love You, Man. Will obviously not be as good as either and has potential to be a real train-wreck.)

Yeah it's over saturating from one POV but I heard a Kevin Hart interview on my way to work on Black Friday from earlier this year on Foxxhole radio and his answer to that question also made sense. Basically he said why work hard for years to finally get recognition, only to not work as hard anymore? When you look at it from that standpoint you can see why hes making so many movies. So both POV's can make sense depends on just how much of a fan of his you are
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    What people gotta understand is every star comedian has they're run..

When Jim Carrey had his run nobody said hes oversaturating himself(The Mask,Dumb and Dumber,Liar Liar,Batman Forever,Cable Guy,Ace Ventura 1&2,Truman Show,).

Same goes for Eddie Murphy(Coming to America,Golden Child,Boomerang,Trading Places,Beverly Hills Cop1-3,48hrs 1&2,etc)both him and Jim had a string of movies coming out back to back.

Technically Harts movie career is really just getting started. Hes only had 4 'major' movies that was his own where he was a lead character(Ride Along,Think Like A Man 1&2,and About Last Night)thats not even half of what Jim and Eddie has done yet people are already telling him to slow down?

The problem is Hollywood only allows one Black comedian to shine at a time(Chris Rock new movie is a exception),so when that happens it seems as if Kevins hogging all the limelight when in fact theres just no other black comedians on that large scale doing it as big as him or given that same opportunity.

In this Breakfast Club interview w/Capone & Talent(comedians) they talk about it @14:10....

http://youtu.be/V4uGAGIjMxw

• BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont HATE him... but his standup has definitely fell off. But he probably doesn't realize because the fame is giving him a bigger audience even with ? material.

He is definitely cashing out on his hot name right now which is financially smart but make sure the material is good. "Ride Along" was trash. And most defiantly didn't need a sequel.

His Youtube channel used to be the funniest channel on Youtube before he blew up. Now that hes so big it became a marketing tool and even advertising for the companies he endorses... So there is a "sell out" move.

How videos used to be on his Youtube page....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrlOwvDuKHw&list=UULRmIdRJgLfmdpJufmBhBuA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLdrlZFtIDs&list=UULRmIdRJgLfmdpJufmBhBuA

How they are now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jYl7PrAvjg&list=UULRmIdRJgLfmdpJufmBhBuA

I would rather Kevin write a script of his own then make a movie rather than just signing onto anything and everything.... and I mean his team write a script, because Kev works with a handful of people. He don't even write his own standup which loses him many points in that category.
  • StoneColdMikey
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

He may say some stupid ? , and he may need to re-up on his material but one thing about Hart is has always seemed humble enough to know those who paved a way for him and not be on some "I'm popping now ? you old ? and your old jokes" type ? some newer comedians get on when they blow up

Neva got the hate For Kev, hes just a regular dude who made it and is enjoying his moment. He does need to reup on the jokes.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny bc seein all the trailers i came here specifically to say: 'watch nggas say they love the movie and everybody in it except Kevin Hart' and look what we have already.

? is shameful man.

Like Chris Rock aint make nothin but a ? load of ? movies during his run Down to Earth, Bad Company, etc.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoogaSuga wrote: »

I dont HATE him... but his standup has definitely fell off. But he probably doesn't realize because the fame is giving him a bigger audience even with ? material.

He is definitely cashing out on his hot name right now which is financially smart but make sure the material is good. "Ride Along" was trash. And most defiantly didn't need a sequel.

His Youtube channel used to be the funniest channel on Youtube before he blew up. Now that hes so big it became a marketing tool and even advertising for the companies he endorses... So there is a "sell out" move.

How videos used to be on his Youtube page....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrlOwvDuKHw&list=UULRmIdRJgLfmdpJufmBhBuA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLdrlZFtIDs&list=UULRmIdRJgLfmdpJufmBhBuA

How they are now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jYl7PrAvjg&list=UULRmIdRJgLfmdpJufmBhBuA

I would rather Kevin write a script of his own then make a movie rather than just signing onto anything and everything.... and I mean his team write a script, because Kev works with a handful of people. He don't even write his own standup which loses him many points in that category.

You're misinformed. 'Chocolate Drop' and all that is post-fame. His vid roastin Meek Mill's crew is post-fame. His vids in the gym are post-fame. He just dropped a 'return of droppa' vid w/ Kendrick lamar.

Nggas are jst ? . Mad he not makin home videos anymore. I swear if i ever got on i'd say ? nggas nh ? nggas would hate that i 'changed' and i would not give 1 ?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought this was Chris rock's movie?
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea back to the topic at hand...