Rivalry Continues:2015 Mustang vs 2015 Camaro

Options
wilberdmillz
wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Let Me Ride
The Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro have a rivalry older than some of the people reading this. Although the two pony cars have been around for a long time, from a driving standpoint they've never been better, as both the current 2015 Mustang GT and 2015 Camaro SS crank out more than 420 hp and have six-speed manuals. But which one is the better car? Host Carlos Lago determines that on this week's episode of Head 2 Head

Both the Mustang GT and Camaro SS are not your regular models, as both pony cars have been equipped with their respective performance packs. The Mustang's performance pack gives it a major Brembo brake upgrade, larger anti-roll bars, larger radiator, new springs, and bigger wheels and tires. As for the Camaro SS, it gets the 1LE package, which adds new dampers, larger anti-rolls bars, and several elements from the ZL1. Despite its smaller size, the Mustang is surprisingly only 72 pounds lighter than the Camaro, which makes the two cars pretty evenly matched. Both tied in 0-60 mph acceleration at 4.4 seconds, though the Mustang was slightly faster in the quarter-mile. Meanwhile, the Camaro beat the Mustang in 60-0 mph braking and in the figure-eight with a higher average g in lateral performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTJPDurLEKw

Pick your poison.....

Comments

• Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    both are nice, but i got the lead foot, gimme da HELLCAT!!!
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hellcat excluded.... ill take the ford if its a super snake...camaros sound like ? to me.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    @Ghost313 I feel you but these two are the best of both worlds. They handle like they're on rails and are still faster than 90% of the vehicles you'll see on a daily basis.

@Black_Excellence there isn't a 2015 Super Snake. I'm not feeling the back end of the Camaro but still think it looks better than the Mustang. I actually think both look good.
  • Ghost313
    Options
    @wilberdmillz After looking at the interioir, I will go with the mustang, but I like the digital guages by the shift on the camaro.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Ill take the mustang
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    even tho im MOPAR

im going with the Maro

that stang wont last a month before it heads to the shop
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im a Chevy ? at heart..
    no way u can get me in a mustang less its a rental..
  • Ghost313
    Options
    im a Chevy ? at heart..

You sound like my Cuz. He worked for Ford for 6 years, and GM for 20, and he shhhiiiittttsss on Fords.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    im a Chevy ? at heart..

I rather walk....

Ford ain't ?

so u won't drive a ford but ull root for oakland??
    #ohtheirony hahahaha

Says the guy fan of a squad who hasn't been to the bowl
    Since Jimmy Hendrix was alive....

This tea tho ~O)
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    im a Chevy ? at heart..

I rather walk....

Ford ain't ?

so u won't drive a ford but ull root for oakland??
    #ohtheirony hahahaha
    Lmaoooo gotdamn bossE
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Two edged sword with the new Mustangs. Looks like ? (imo) and straight line speed is nullified with all the extra weight (interior and IRS). But the interior looks great and will perform a lot better for the track endusiast. Happy with my 2014 GT to be honest.
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a fair comparison, considering you're comparing a completely new mustang model to a outgoing camaro model. I'll wait until the new 2016 camaro drop before we can pick a winner. Either way from what I seen and heard, I'm getting rid of my Camaro once the new 2016 model drop.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jayvon32 wrote: »
    Not a fair comparison, considering you're comparing a completely new mustang model to a outgoing camaro model. I'll wait until the new 2016 camaro drop before we can pick a winner. Either way from what I seen and heard, I'm getting rid of my Camaro once the new 2016 model drop.

Unless I'm missing something, the '15 IS the new model bruh. They've been out damn near all year.
  • wilberdmillz
    edited November 2014
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

Unless I'm missing something, the '15 IS the new model bruh. They've been out damn near all year.

I get what he saying. The 15 Camaro is really a refresh and not a completely new model. The mustang is on a completely different chassis than the 10-14 model Mustangs, so its a whole new platform. The 16 Camaro will be on a all new chassis, actually the same chassis as the ATS. Theres expectations that the new Camaro will lose about 200lbs which is a big deal.
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    All they did for the 15 Camaro was put those Ugly ass taillights on there and made the front grill smaller.
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The 15 isnt a new model, its the same platform just a refreshed model with different tail lights and slimmer headlights. The overall exterior body shape, chassis, engine, and interior is the same as the 2010-2013. I got the 2014 camaro model and to be honest I wished i would have waited for the 2016 Camaro came out or purchase the 2015 Challenger. Either way, im switching it out the end of next year for either a 2016 Camaro RS convertible (depending on how the design plays out) or just Cop the 2016 Challenger R/T. (not looking to pay 65k for a Hellcat)
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i like that 1LE package.. Just wish they sold it in Automatic.. I can drive a manual but i rather not.. Better yet auto manual with paddle shifters..
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Camaro hands down
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    The dodge exhaust sound better than both....a hemi challenger sound like a ? monster when pullin.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    The dodge exhaust sound better than both....a hemi challenger sound like a ? monster when pullin.

so does the charger....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx91LuMa0D4
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I get what he saying. The 15 Camaro is really a refresh and not a completely new model. The mustang is on a completely different chassis than the 10-14 model Mustangs, so its a whole new platform. The 16 Camaro will be on a all new chassis, actually the same chassis as the ATS. Theres expectations that the new Camaro will lose about 200lbs which is a big deal.

Gotcha!

They should have jus waited until the 16.