PS4’s Upcoming System Software 2.00, Codenamed Masamune

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
PS4 System Software Preview – USB Music Player, New Home Screen Colors, More
USB Music Player: PS4 owners can play their own music in the background while playing a game using USB Music Player*. After inserting a USB stick loaded with music into the PS4, a new option for USB Music Player will appear. Supported filename extensions include MP3, MP4, M4A, and 3GP.

Change colors: In addition to the ability to add a theme, PS4 owners can also change the background of the home screen from light blue to one of seven new colors: gold, blue, red, green, purple, pink, and gray.

Players You May Know: PS4 will now suggest players you may know in the ‘What’s New’ section, recommending gamers your friends frequently play with.

Enhancements to Live Broadcasting: Masamune brings a variety of improvements to live broadcasting on PS4. In the Live From PlayStation app, PS4 owners can now select a Featured channel, which includes official broadcasts from PlayStation, broadcasts from people on a players friend list, and any game channel that the player has followed. Additionally, Live From PlayStation now has filters for searching broadcasts on a specific game, as well as support for archived broadcasts.

Content Area and Library: PS4’s Content Area, which shows the latest games and apps a PS4 owner has used, has been redesigned to help make it easier to quickly find and access content. It now shows 15 of a player’s most used apps or games, and additional items will be added to a player’s Library. The Library on PS4 has improved filter and sort functions to help organize contented by type (game / app / TV & video), name (a – z or z – a), recently used, or install date.

Enhanced Voice Commands: The ability to control PS4 using voice has been improved. Players can now say ‘PlayStation’ to begin commands, and ‘All Commands,’ to see a list of all voice command options available. New voice commands were added for live broadcasting, including “Start broadcast,” “End broadcast,” and “Find face.”
Add To Library: The monthly free PlayStation Plus games will have an ‘Add to Library’ button in the PlayStation Store. This button will add a game to a PS4 owner’s library without downloading it – saving space on their hard drive.

Back Up Data: Data on PS4 can be backed up and resorted using USB storage. This will back up all data for the console, including settings, save data, screenshots, video clips, download data, and more.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats whats up... in before December though
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    PS4 System Software Preview – USB Music Player, New Home Screen Colors, More
    USB Music Player: PS4 owners can play their own music in the background while playing a game using USB Music Player*. After inserting a USB stick loaded with music into the PS4, a new option for USB Music Player will appear. Supported filename extensions include MP3, MP4, M4A, and 3GP.

Change colors: In addition to the ability to add a theme, PS4 owners can also change the background of the home screen from light blue to one of seven new colors: gold, blue, red, green, purple, pink, and gray.

Players You May Know: PS4 will now suggest players you may know in the ‘What’s New’ section, recommending gamers your friends frequently play with.

Enhancements to Live Broadcasting: Masamune brings a variety of improvements to live broadcasting on PS4. In the Live From PlayStation app, PS4 owners can now select a Featured channel, which includes official broadcasts from PlayStation, broadcasts from people on a players friend list, and any game channel that the player has followed. Additionally, Live From PlayStation now has filters for searching broadcasts on a specific game, as well as support for archived broadcasts.

Content Area and Library: PS4’s Content Area, which shows the latest games and apps a PS4 owner has used, has been redesigned to help make it easier to quickly find and access content. It now shows 15 of a player’s most used apps or games, and additional items will be added to a player’s Library. The Library on PS4 has improved filter and sort functions to help organize contented by type (game / app / TV & video), name (a – z or z – a), recently used, or install date.

Enhanced Voice Commands: The ability to control PS4 using voice has been improved. Players can now say ‘PlayStation’ to begin commands, and ‘All Commands,’ to see a list of all voice command options available. New voice commands were added for live broadcasting, including “Start broadcast,” “End broadcast,” and “Find face.”
    Add To Library: The monthly free PlayStation Plus games will have an ‘Add to Library’ button in the PlayStation Store. This button will add a game to a PS4 owner’s library without downloading it – saving space on their hard drive.

Back Up Data: Data on PS4 can be backed up and resorted using USB storage. This will back up all data for the console, including settings, save data, screenshots, video clips, download data, and more.

Well damn, just a few months ago ? was making fun of XBO owner telling us to go talk to our console.

GIF-chloe-concerned-confused-girl-kid-look-say-what-side-eye-side-eyeing-suspicious-think-thinking-GIF.gif
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When does this happen
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    looks like Im getting my ps4 at just the right time

No u aint
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo that USB music update will be goat. I don't like the music on 2k15 or Madden. Now I can play 2k and listen to some real ? at the same time. Hell Yea ? .
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »

No u aint

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://youtu.be/FFZj_Srj4eU
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

tjvzlimmsmscqxzou0l9.gif
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When this update coming out. And this is a good move here
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised they are expanding the functionality of the voice commands. People have still been complaining about the lack of mp3 support, but I didn't think anyone cared about the voice commands anymore.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried using the commands on the ps4 ? was the woatness .. all the other features def an upgrade when is this dropping ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I tried using the commands on the ps4 ? was the woatness .. all the other features def an upgrade when is this dropping ?

Never used them, but in all the comparisons with the Kinect when the systems first came out, they said the PS4 commands were just as responsive though far more limited than with the XB1. It doesn't matter though. They were clearly just an add-on and not really an integral part of the PS4 experience like with the XB1. That's why I'm suprised they are even still working on them.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Never used them, but in all the comparisons with the Kinect when the systems first came out, they said the PS4 commands were just as responsive though far more limited than with the XB1. It doesn't matter though. They were clearly just an add-on and not really an integral part of the PS4 experience like with the XB1. That's why I'm suprised they are even still working on them.

It's not integral with the X1 either. Hence why you can by an xbox without Kinect.

Just accept that Microsoft can do some things better than Sony.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

It's not integral with the X1 either. Hence why you can by an xbox without Kinect.

Just accept that Microsoft can do some things better than Sony.

I'm not really sure how your post relates to what I said. In my post I specified comparisons made when the two systems first came out. At the time there was no xbox without Kinect, so it was very much integral to the system.

Also, if you weren't so busy trying to show me up, you'd see that I was saying that Microsoft did a better job with them. The commands being far more limited and not as integral are of course bad things. If those bad things are present for the Sony version and not the Microsoft version, then it's fair to say that the Microsoft version is better.
  • Karl.
    Options
    The kinect has never been integral on release. A lot of people left it in the box on purchase.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    The kinect has never been integral on release. A lot of people left it in the box on purchase.

I'm talking about the experience and Microsoft intentions with it. They always meant for the voice commands and the kinect itself to be a fundamental part of how you use the XB1. That wasn't the case with Sony. They quickly separated the cam from the bundle to lower the price and the voice commands seem like something tacked on just to kinda compete with the the Kinect. Why are you even arguing this point? Microsoft as much as said it themselves. That was there reasoning for not having the Kinectless option from the beginning.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Yes, but it's not integral. Thats a fact.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol You arguing for the sake of arguing. You must be bored.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are trying to correct two people who actually own current generation consoles, Blazini and Karl, on what the "experience" of using one is like...even though you yourself do not own one. Maybe you should fall back until you get ya weight up.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »

You are trying to correct two people who actually own current generation consoles, Blazini and Karl, on what the "experience" of using one is like...even though you yourself do not own one. Maybe you should fall back until you get ya weight up.

Exactly what am I trying to correct? I said the voice commands were supposed to be integral to the XB1 experience while they were just tacked on for the PS4. You don't have to have an XB1 to know that. Microsoft said it themselves.

Once again, ya'll ? just arguing to argue. I know you like to cape for the XB1, but if you weren't so stupid, you'd realize I've already said that the XB1 is much better than the PS4 in this area. So once again, what am I trying to correct?

Also, you said when you got the XB1, you would be playing it instead of on here making your dumb posts. Then you said the same thing for Titanfall. Yet, all these things keep coming and your stupid post continue to stream in. If "getting my weight up" means buying a console just so I can not play games and continue to do the same dumb ? I did before I got it, I'll pass.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Kinda crazy how this dateless update is such a big deal for PS4 owners. Its very basic stuff that XBO has had since launch. XBO has major software updates every single month with so many more features than PS4, same as last gen with the 360/Live and PS3/PSN. Sony has a lot of catching up to do at this point.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    You are right about that. It shouldn't really be surprising though. Microsoft has the money to keep a team working constantly at updating the XB1 in this manner. I'd be surprised if Sony can say the same.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PS4's next software update, Masamune, will be available on 10/28

B0p1GP2IcAIgoZD.jpg:large
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [url="Share Play Walkthrough: http://youtu.be/ocJeVjGIFfY"]Share Play Walkthrough: youtu.be/ocJeVjGIFfY[/url]