*Update* Anonymous East Conf Asst. Coach "Kobe is washed;akin to MJ on the Wizards"

Options
your flyness
your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
*Update*
"NBA Assistant Coach Rips Kobe Bryant, Says He's Now Like Wizards-Era Michael Jordan"
http://www.businessinsider.com/nba-coach-kobe-wizards-jordan-2014-10#ixzz3H5cS5vAK"
I'm in total agreement with those who say Kobe's done. Look, you could put any high-level 2-guard on a bad team, let him jack up shots and get 20 points a night. So Kobe will be able to do that. But they ain't going to win. We don't judge Kobe off scoring 20 points a game. We judge him off dominance, off: 'Will they win 50 games, will they make the playoffs?' But now, we're not even talking about any of that. I'm not saying he can't play anymore. That's not what we're talking about.

It's like Michael Jordan in Washington. I, for one, didn't want to see Michael's last tour with Washington. Nobody did. When the Lakers play Philly and other low-level teams, Kobe will do whatever he wants. But when he plays good teams and gets doubled? That's when we'll see that he's not the same player

I see this being somewhat true........

The basic thesis is that Bryant's megalomania has precluded any free agents of note from signing with the Lakers in the past few years. Now that Bryant is not a top five (or even a top 40, but we'll save that topic for another day) NBA player, nobody that doesn't have to is willing to put up with his ? anymore. The piece details the numerous free agents who refused to sign with the Lakers in large part because of Bryant, but what's really breathtaking is just how many agents are willing to absolutely pummel Bryant.
"Peek behind the banners," says one longtime NBA agent, "and it's rotten."
"Kobe is like the big rock in their front yard," says an agent who has had a Lakers client in recent years. "You can't mow over it, so you just have to mow around it."
Another agent with current Lakers clients was asked whether Bryant undermined the team's rebuilding by alienating would-be free agent recruits. "Well, duh," he replied. "Isn't that obvious?"
"I've had a lot of clients in the last five years, good players, who didn't want to play with Kobe," says an agent who has had numerous NBA stars. "They see that his teammates become the chronic public whipping boys. Anyone who could possibly challenge Kobe for the spotlight ends up becoming a pincushion for the media. Even Shaq."
"I just never felt like the Lakers put as much effort into the building-the-team part of it," says an agent who once had a free agent decline a Lakers offer. "I saw some things in the players' parking lot. Conversations between Bynum and his people and some people with the Lakers. It got pretty rough and heated."
And just for fun, Abbott lets a front office executive take a swing at the piñata:

"It's horrendous. It's evil. It's a hard drug to quit when you're winning," says a front office executive from a rival team who knows everyone involved well. "Kobe has cost the Lakers dearly in human capital. Kobe has hurt a lot of people. In some cases jeopardized careers."

http://deadspin.com/anonymous-nba-agents-nobody-wants-to-play-with-kobe-br-1648725291

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Henry Abbot.

Im guessing he has an agenda against Kobe?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean we've known this for years though. Kobe get's all the credit none of the blame. Nothing new here.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who was a whipping boy? Kobe got ? on for the Shaq loss. Kobe got ? on for taking his Lil Wayne free agent tour that one year.

The only person who got smashed for going to the Lakers was Dwight, and his ? ' ass deserved it after what he pulled in Orlando.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Basically Kobe is the devil himself.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As i said months ago, signing up to play with Kobe and the lakers now is like expecting top free agents to go sign up with Jordan when he was with the Wiz. Not gonna happen. Non story imo.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe earned it. But now the Lakers organization are prisoners of Kobe Bryant.
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Not playing with kobe is because most players don't take the game and the commitment as serious as he does. Great players that do have that drive ALA Nash, pau, Malone, Payton, CP3...they have no issue.

But a marginal player even fully talented knows what will be demanded of him cowers.

Becoming the whipping boy is BS, the lakers ran the triangle for years, no pg wanted to play in that.

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not playing with kobe is because most players don't take the game and the commitment as serious as he does. Great players that do have that drive ALA Nash, pau, Malone, Payton, CP3...they have no issue.

But a marginal player even fully talented knows what will be demanded of him cowers.

Becoming the whipping boy is BS, the lakers ran the triangle for years, no pg wanted to play in that.

But in the report they read off some of Nash's veiled shots too.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "If he had the other intangibles, like LeBron, or if he was any kind of different person, it would have been easy for us to attract talent, retain it and win.'"
    MyShape.jpeg
  • playmaker88
    Options
    19 years same ? .. different year.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    had this dude at work who from l.a telling me he couldnt wait till kobe came back because he was tired of this lebron is the best player ? and that kobe probably takes that very very personal

hes gonna throw up when i show him that quote
  • playmaker88
    Options
    intangibles or frequent flier miles
  • Cliff Da Mont
    Cliff Da Mont Members Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Options
    No one wants to be robin...only guy that would outshine kobe star power and court dominance would be mj.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would a star go there and get turned into either a spot up jump shooting role player like artest a hustle big role player like Dwight while getting scapegoated and downtalked like Dwight and gasol? It ain't worth it when u can go somewhere else and be appreciated while getting your numbers?
  • playmaker88
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Why would a star go there and get turned into either a spot up jump shooting role player like artest a hustle big role player like Dwight while getting scapegoated and downtalked like Dwight and gasol? It ain't worth it when u can go somewhere else and be appreciated while getting your numbers?

You have no clue what your talking about you just described lebron in that first sentence
  • playmaker88
    Options
    That's what the video is called, and it is, of course, majestic.

The first two are amazing. The dunk 1:43 in, in the open court, is worth watching again and again. The dunk 1:15 into the video, on an alley-oop pass from Brian Shaw, against the Sixers, is one of my favorite dunks ever, by anybody.

But allow me a moment to also totally miss the point of the whole video.

Yes, it's perfect, as a snapshot of athletic and creative greatness. But I know I wasn't the only one who was struck by all the open big men in this short video. The pattern plays itself out three times in just ten dunks.

In the third highlight, 20 seconds in, we see Bryant beat his man on the perimeter. Tim Duncan shuffles over to help, leaving Shaquille O'Neal wide open under the hoop.

The basketball gods, and Tex Winter, all want Bryant to hit O'Neal with a pass for the dunk.

When people talking about making the right basketball play, that's what they're talking about.

Duncan will be either absent or late in trying to stop it, and may well get himself a foul. But there's no way the Lakers aren't getting two points.

Instead, Bryant elevates over Duncan and makes a very tough shot (and video highlight history). It's great! But if you run that play 1,000 times, it's better for the Lakers if Bryant passes.

About a minute into the video, Bryant is approaching the hoop and Steve Nash runs over in an attempt to take the charge. Yes, Bryant can jump over a man that size. But Kwame Brown could not be more alone under the hoop. Rather than dishing, however, Bryant scales the little Canadian infomercial celebrity.

Near the end of the video, just before the two-minute mark (in a Wizards game against the Wizards in Las Vegas!) Bryant draws three defenders, creating two open teammates ... neither of whom he seems to notice.

It's not like Bryant doesn't understand basketball. You could come up with as many highlights or more where he does make this pass. He gets it. Bryant knows what he's doing. There's value -- in intimidation of opponents, in firing up teammates the the crowd, in leadership, in sneaker sales, in living your dreams and in a zillion other things -- in dunking the hell out of the ball. Sometimes, even when you have an open teammate.

But those whispers about Bryant being selfish, that have simmered throughout his career ... they don't come from nowhere.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/6966/kobe-bryant-s-best-all-time-dunks
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You have no clue what your talking about you just described lebron in that first sentence

Everything I posted was truth.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Lol moving along
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Everything I posted was truth.

What you posted can be obviously applied to bosh tho