*Update* Anonymous East Conf Asst. Coach "Kobe is washed;akin to MJ on the Wizards"

Options

Comments

• luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Let's look at what they actually saying here. Y'all know I'm long winded and bored and on this Kobe kick again since I'm tired of hearing this BS from everyone again. Pay attention again since obviously the lies are becoming the truth.

Kobe makes too much money. Really? He should give the money back? You, yes I'm talking to you with my two front teeth showing, you and you gotta be a liar, a hypocrite or dumb to say you would work for free? Okay, when was the last time you went to your boss and said pay me less? Then ? .
    He should never have taken the money? Again, the team has 5 BILLION DOLLARS, 5 BILLION DOLLARS and he's a large part of the reason they got the $5 BILLION DOLLARS.

Steve Nash ain't giving ? back except his back with that damn cracked back and he don't play. He about the only white millionaire well-fare recipient collecting for work he ain't doing. Ain't nobody saying ? about him giving the money back.

Who works a job and tells their boss you pay me too much when they are the best employee and brought a company and the entire NBA for over 19 years billions of dollars? I live in ATL and for 16 years THE ONLY GAME THAT SOLD OUT WAS KOBE, every year. I know for teams like Charlotte, Indiana, Philadelphi and damn near 20 other cities it was the same. KOBE brought that money.

It wasn't till the past 3 years Miami started selling out with LBJ (which is why he has to play with 5 olympians or 3 all stars bc his PR and money team told him if he ain't get rings he would miss out on more millions).
    So, I guess a black man should work for free. Again??? Anybody with a job that receives a paycheck for something they wouldn't do for free for someone else in order to make that someone else and themselves money off their work ONLY cares about the money? So you saying a hard working man that has earned you billions and has for years not received the amount of money he could have made should now give a billionaire team with a 5 Billion dollar tv deal more of his millions??? He should give them about 20 million or more even though with their billion dollar deal from that tv company, even though THEY CAN AFFORD ANY PLAYER IN THE NBA and pay the penalty and still make a profit???? ALLHIPHOP you better than that.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lakers-329235-billion-new.html

Players don't want to play with him? Really? Since when and who are we talking about?
    -Shaq wanted to stay in LA, it was Kobe that rumors said didn't rally ownership to keep an aging Shaq who wouldn't stay in shape and would force Kobe to play the entire regular season by himself because of his toe. Point is Shaq wanted to play with Kobe and stay in LA.
    -Eddie Jones wanted to play with Kobe
    -Chris Bosh and the Lakers had a deal on the table due to Kobe and Chris having mutual respect for each other, but then somehow Memphis gave away Pau Gasol for free and the Chris Bosh deal died.
    -Derek Fisher liked playing with Kobe and returned because of him.
    -Carmelo only came to the Lakers because they still had Kobe, but Melo loves NY as much as his money, thus his entire reason for demanding Denver to trade him and stating he wouldn't go anywhere but NY and please send me to NY. Melo wasn't going to the Lakers. All the interviews I watch I've heard him say Kobe was a mentor of his and they talk on the phone;

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24769891/carmelo-anthony-says-he-would-have-had-no-problems-playing-with-kobe-bryant

I've also heard Kobe talk about Melo.
    -Steve Nash wanted to play with Kobe
    -Chris Paul wanted to play with the Lakers and Kobe
    -Pau Gasol said the only reason he wanted to stay with the Lakers and didn't leave all these years was BECAUSE of KOBE. Ownership had done Pau wrong for years trying to trade him and he was tired of it.
    -Steve Blake (as a player I think he sucked) but said he loved playing with Kobe and wanted to stay with the lakers because of Kobe.
    -Kevin Garnett was going to play with the Lakers and with Kobe.
    -Since the argument is made that noone wants to play with 2014 Kobe, again let's look at all the players that came to the Lakers that didn't go to other teams to even give them a chance (like the Hawks). With Kobe still on the team, players still met with the Lakers. You can bet if Kobe wasn't there and the roster stood as is without Kobe they would not be there. It'd be like meeting with the Timberwolves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2QYPBppTI

• luke1733
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Next let's LOOK AT THE TANGENT OF NAMES AGAIN: (but first the truth: A. losing Jerry West was the problem, not Kobe. B. Losing Phil was the problem, not Kobe. C. Losing all of Phil's coaching staff was a problem.
    D. Losing Buss was the problem. E. Letting Buss's son take over was a problem, not Kobe. F. Hiring Mike Brown was a problem. G. Hiring D'Antoni was a bigger problem. H. Not getting anything in return for letting Dwight go was a problem, Not Kobe. I. not getting Chris Paul due to David Stern was a problem.
    J. Steve Nash and Dwight and Kobe being hurt were all a problem

Get the facts right, all hate aside even if you just don't like dude, at least point the finger in the right direction.
    NAMES OF PLAYERS THOSE 100 SPORTS ARTICLES MENTIONED (really a hundred sports articles telling one guy in sports he's washed up???Who does that and when was the last time this happened before the season even started)

1st Dwight-who comes to the Lakers and asks "when will Kobe be out the door," and then give that corny lame smile he does. How do you start a camaraderie after that? How do you always have an insult to say about Kobe when y'all first started playing together before Kobe ever said anything toward you publicly. How can you not catch a ball when in the lane and have terrible hands? How can you want the ball to come through you and you're a center who can't play with your back to the basket? How do you have your Dad come and talk to the Lakers for you? How do you lie to Stan Van Gundy for years and then try and give him a hug? How do you lie to Orlando? How do you not know how to shoot free throws yet? How do you not have any good post moves and your 6'11 and huge? You don't deserve the ball.

2nd Paul George plays the same position as Kobe. Plus, he just took over Danny Grainger's spot in Indiana and led the Pacers the past 2 years to the Conference Finals. He ain't leaving. Why, again would he go to the Lakers and his own team is in the conference finals and he's the leader???

3rd Carmelo - I already explained Melo

4th Lebron knows his legacy and his financial dollar depends on trying to be opposite Kobe. His managers, PR, and practically the NBA with David Stern's compadre simply would not allow him to pair up with KOBE. It would be bad from every angle. Other point: if you can't keep him happy in Miami after making the NBA finals for 4 years and playing with one of the best shooting guards ever in Dwyane Wade and a 5 team Olympic star (Bosh,Lebron, Wade, Battier and Ray Allen) cast then THERE IS NO DOUBT that he would not go to LAkers. He wanted to be in Cleveland. Again this has nothing to do with Kobe, outside of the fact that playing with Kobe would be the worst financial investment he could make to his legacy and bank.

5th Pau Gasol. - I explained Pau

6th Chris Bosh -I explained Chris

So basically, based off the beginning of those articles y'all reading a bunch of players who were never going to sign with the Lakers with Kobe or without Kobe somehow didn't sign with the Lakers because of Kobe??? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
    A player should never be blamed for not doing the Front Office's job, EVER. If the GM doesn't like a player get rid of him. If you want a player, GET THEM. It actually is that basic. Again, A player should never be blamed for not doing the Front Office's job, EVER. Kobe has to train, play, coach his team, call players like Nash (who was washed up and injured) and beg them to play with him, take a team that absolutely sucks to the playoffs AND take a pay cut and go to the Lakers front office and start telling other players he'll be nice if they come play with him??? This is what the racist whites are actually saying. GTFOH. Y'all too on that same stuff man.
    The game is simple. If the GM doesn't like a player get rid of him. If you want a player then ask the player what they want and give it.
    So, basically, if the Lakers get Rondo I guess all y'all eat crow and this entire article was BS.
    I'm a throw this picture of Elvis up just for some randomness.
    That's my curtain call on ever speaking about this dude again. My Kobe speaking just been revoked and nothing needs to be said but WTF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkny1aJddyU
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just wondering if anyone actually read all of that
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No way in hell i read dat annotated bibliography. Yall wanna talk about me wit pierce i ain't neva wrote essays like dat defending him lls
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn and at 2AM...
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn and at 2AM...

Then came back over an hour later to edit.
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @luke1733‌
    Clearly...
    image.jpg

I'm at work, chief. I read all that ? . I agree.
    I think me, you and another lurker will be the only ones to know though. These ? don't read, b.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol made Peagle come out of E-tirement
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options

Lol made Peagle come out of E-tirement

peagle05 wrote: »
    ? ...

lml

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan on the wizards wasnt better than 90% of the league stop it

Now or then, because if you're talking about the league now, yeah I'd say he was more skilled than 90% of today's league. That doesn't mean he'd be at the top of the league now because athleticism factors in too, and he was definitely lacking in that area at that point.
  • playmaker88
    Options

Now or then, because if you're talking about the league now, yeah I'd say he was more skilled than 90% of today's league. That doesn't mean he'd be at the top of the league now because athleticism factors in too, and he was definitely lacking in that area at that point.

Im talkin about then at that time.. forget the 90% number.. why would you say now

but back to the point he wasnt elite in 2003
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Dudes are misrepresentin what Mike w/ the Wizards was.

He wasnt 'trash' as its easy and lazy to say. Better than 90% of the league? Well by the numbers, 350 players, 1/10, that means was he one of the top 35 guys in the legaue lol He was close

I mean, i was a grown ass man when he was playin so it really doesnt feel like it was that long ago.

And i'll put it like this...Mike @ age 40 was about on par with Wade at 30.

Wade: age 31: 21ppg, 5rpg, 5apg, 54%
    Jordan age 38: 23ppg, 5rpg, 5apg, 42%
    Jordan age 39: 20ppg, 5rpg, 4apg, 45%

Now Wade was clearly more efficient, but he's playing with Lebron. He makes everyone more efficient. Jordan was still (in large part due to ego) a #1 option. I do think Wade right now is better than Jordan at that stage bc Wade still has more explosion, but it just goes to show how good Mike still was.

But thats where it all comes to ego: Wade sacrificed to be 2nd fiddle, Jordan wouldnt be able to...and neither will Kobe.

But if Jordan could have...and if Kobe could, they'd both be good enough to be 2nd options on very good teams.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

Im talkin about then at that time.. forget the 90% number.. why would you say now

but back to the point he wasnt elite in 2003

Not so much what you said, but it came kinda ambiguous when the original comment was made. I guess the most obvious choice would have been then, but it seemed like it could have pertained to the league now.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

He wasnt 'trash' as its easy and lazy to say. Better than 90% of the league? Well by the numbers, 350 players, 1/10, that means was he one of the top 35 guys in the legaue lol He was close

I mean, i was a grown ass man when he was playin so it really doesnt feel like it was that long ago.

Now Wade was clearly more efficient, but he's playing with Lebron. He makes everyone more efficient. Jordan was still (in large part due to ego) a #1 option. I do think Wade right now is better than Jordan at that stage bc Wade still has more explosion, but it just goes to show how good Mike still was.

But thats where it all comes to ego: Wade sacrificed to be 2nd fiddle, Jordan wouldnt be able to...and neither will Kobe.

But if Jordan could have...and if Kobe could, they'd both be good enough to be 2nd options on very good teams.

Yeah, you can make the argument that Wade is only more efficient because he is able to make more shots at the goal due to Lebron's presence. By the time he was 40, MJ wasn't really driving to the lane as much anymore.
  • playmaker88
    edited October 2014
    Options

Yeah, you can make the argument that Wade is only more efficient because he is able to make more shots at the goal due to Lebron's presence. By the time he was 40, MJ wasn't really driving to the lane as much anymore.

Lebron Wade and Bosh were more efficient due to all their presence on the team not to mention the shooters.. and the "spread offense" so to speak its wasnt just Lebron, he benefited as well
  • luke1733
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    @luke1733‌
    Clearly...
    image.jpg

I'm at work, chief. I read all that ? . I agree.
    I think me, you and another lurker will be the only ones to know though. These ? don't read, b.

Thanks man, I did write waaay too much though. But I had some points everybody ignore but know is right. I have these sports conversations at work with coworkers on e-mail and then copy and paste my stuff on here. Truthfully, I'm just glad it's NBA season again.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

name 12 players better than jordan at that time ?

Two of them ? was on his team..

michaeljordanwizardsss.gif
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was with @luke1733‌ until about the 3rd post then i was like

Happy-Clapping-To-Dramatic-WTF-Reaction-GIf.gif
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options

Lebron Wade and Bosh were more efficient due to all their presence on the team not to mention the shooters.. and the "spread offense" so to speak its wasnt just Lebron, he benefited as well

You clearly have an anti-Lebron, 'theres too much hype' stance when it comes to Lebron. I dont know why

Um, hello, they can play that 'spread' offense bc of your 6'8 pg-sf-pf.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? didn't wanna play with a old Jordan on the wiz? gtfoh. ? carried that ? ass squad to a near .500 season BY HIMSELF.