reading or watching tv shows/movies.....

Splackavelli
Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in Quite Comical
which do you prefer? now i like watching jlu or avengers animated series or arrow etc but man when i get lit and read its like a show is going on inside my head. also i like watching the movie versions or an animated series and the characters voices and mannerism are close to how i read them. whats your opinion.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive never seen a movie/show that was better than the book it was based off of.

Godfather is one of the most loved Mafia movies of all time. Classic to many. I read the book when i was 18, finally watched the movie when i was 20 and i was very disappointed in the movie. The book was GOAT.

Saw the Movie IT when i was young. Scared me, sure. Read the book when i was 16, had trouble sleeping.
  • Lou Cypher
    Oh whoops just realized this was in the comic section.

Still, i def like reading comic books more than watching the animated show. The animations (especially DC) are GOAT though.

Live action comic book movies are kind of in a class of their own because they will mash stories up. Youll have elements of a arc that was written in the 80's, but also elements of a arc that was written in the 00's all in the same movie.

Kind of like Batman v Superman. Gonna have Dark Knight Returns influences, but also a lot of New 52 influences.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends.

But I watch anime only in their original voice.

I hate the white ppl that do the voices. ? be corny
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Reading comic books easily. No budget limits and no limits on the imagination when it comes to comic books. You couldn't see something as bat ? insane yet ingenius as The Multiversity in the TV or movie mediums.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love good adaptations. The source material normally tells a better story....

But when the adaptation catches it perfectly it's always awesome to me
  • Dupac
    Even if it's just a scene
  • doctordeuce
    doctordeuce Members Posts: 53
    im just not a comic guy, i dont own any, still love superheros.

im watching on netflix:
    Young Justice, Ultimate Spider Man, Batman: the bold and the brave,
    The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Batman Beyond.
    Also watch Arrow, Gotham, n Flash. All awsome shows!
  • Dupac
    edited November 2014

im watching on netflix:

nothing wrong with this... but take it from experience...

don't get in any comic debates with these ? based off of television material.....you will be owned and humbled...and ? off....

these guys are really ?
  • Lou Cypher
    cs. They have a hell of a vocabulary too, saying ? you dont understand and that just ? you off more.
  • Splackavelli

im watching on netflix:

i had an avengeres earth mightiest heroes marathon last weekend on netflix. that is one of the best superhero animated series. that avengers assemble show is boring compared to this. i want to see a thor show with the same writers and animaters but in this version he has his donald blake alter ego. it would be like he man but more violent and with more sophisticated writing.
  • doctordeuce
    yea avengers assemble is ? .
  • doctordeuce
    Check out Young Justice, love that show. Its all the sidekicks Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Superboy.
    At 1st i thought it'd b corny n childish, but its not at all. Has a gr8 story, kool animation.
    Its no doubt my fav on nexflix.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Source material is 98% of the time better than the adaptation.
  • Dupac
  • Splackavelli
    yea avengers assemble is ? .

the thing is i saw an episode on netflix where they fought molecule kid the son of molecule man. hawkey had a flashback when he and the rest of the team fought molecule man and the flashback had the same animation style as emh. i think that flashback sequence was lost footage from the canceled third season. i was thinking that maybe assembled is a continuation of emh but then remembered that falcon on the assemble show is a lame and the falcon from emh was trill.