Could Shawn Michaels Have Succeeded in WCW?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Nash rollin with Hogan and Eric wouldve helped abit but na if Bret's run was that terrible HBK's would been similar imo.

son wouldve ended up another NWO member
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, Bischoff would have gave him a wack gimmick
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great question, but nah. Gotta agree with Sion. WCW had too many people. Hogan wasn't about to let him shine like that. Brett leaving was the perfect set for him
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Considering hes not much bigger than X Pac I can see Hogan trying to put him in the Cruiserweight division.

If you heard Talk is Jericho Friday Jericho and Sabu talk about WCW wanting to put Sabu in the Cruiserweight division. Lol

He would have been miserable in WCW and then he would have made Bischoff's life hell until he fired him.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Considering hes not much bigger than X Pac I can see Hogan trying to put him in the Cruiserweight division.

If you heard Talk is Jericho Friday Jericho and Sabu talk about WCW wanting to put Sabu in the Cruiserweight division. Lol

He would have been miserable in WCW and then he would have made Bischoff's life hell until he fired him.

exactly. back then, the nWo and Bischoff were buring everyone under 225 lbs, putting them all in their place, so they can hold them down politically and in the ring. HBK probably would have been the exception since he knew Hall and Nash, but if Hogan trumped them, then he would have had his way by avoiding a feud with HBK, and it probably would have spawned an earlier breakup of the nWo core, trying to protect HBK, with Hall and Nash turning on Hogan or vice versa, in storyline, based on the politics in the back.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ITS UNREAL HOW AWFUL THE DEFENSE IS
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u talm bout 2k... COSIGN
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HELL NO!!!!! THAT'S RIC FLAIR AND HORSEMEN BACKYARD THE HORSEMEN WOULD OF BEAT HIS ASS and ran him back to wwf, the only way he would of made it if he would be a horsemen.

he would of been like Brian Pillman, Steve Austin on some hollywood blondes ? or another Jericho
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He woulda been z-man since he stole his super kick
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he would have succeeded..

as a multi time cruiserweight and/or tv champion
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBK was one of the better in ring workers and charismatic wrestlers I've ever seen.

I've always thought his mic work was average it wasn't until DX was formed and WWE started pushing edgier angles that I checked for anything he was saying.

Dude would have gotten buried in the mid card in WCW and probably buried in the mid card in WWE/F had it not been for the steroid scandal which ironically is when old Vince started trying to push smaller guys.
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He could of, different move set.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nash rollin with Hogan and Eric wouldve helped abit but na if Bret's run was that terrible HBK's would been similar imo.

son wouldve ended up another NWO member

i could see him as a nwo (red and black) member..
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wouldn't of made it he was to soft.