Seahawks Want Russell Wilson To Go Easy On The Endorsements

Options
MR.CJ
MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
Plenty of perks come your way when you're a Super Bowl-winning quarterback, one of them being endorsement offers for every product under the sun.

And when your performance outstrips your paycheck and you're making about one-twentieth of what some of your peers make, well, some of those endorsement checks start to look pretty tasty.

You can understand, then, why the Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson might jump at adding some endorsements to his portfolio. But you're (presumably) not tasked with making sure he wins football games. Seattle team execs are, and they want Wilson to "limit some of that exposure," according to a new report from ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

This latest "dissent in the Seattle locker room" story, which surfaced before the Seahawks' 13-9 victory against the Carolina Panthers, follows on the heels of the earlier "dissent in the Seattle locker room" story, in which some players allegedly claimed Wilson is "not black enough."

This report seems to indicate that the locker room's problem with Wilson is not racially-based, but organizationally, with players upset at his closeness with management, and management upset with the number of commercials in which Wilson now appears. Even though the commercials were all filmed in the offseason, Seattle may be concerned about the possibility of "distraction," apparently.

Of note, Wilson makes "only" about $660,000, or about half of what his backup, Tarvaris Jackson, makes. So yes, that might be at the heart of much of this as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/seahawks-want-russell-wilson-to-go-easy-on-the-endorsements--report-191108956.html

Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    The Seahawks lockerroom sounds like a ? hive.

I was just about to post this. A bunch of diva ass ? .
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Every week at this point. Marshawn Lynch is supposedly upset that Percy left and he's next. I swear Seahawks news should be posted on Bossip.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOHWTHBS

I have an idea. Russell should do the math on his endorsements. Tell the Seahawks organization how much money he makes and could possibly make in the future and cut him a check if it's that serious. NFL consistently get ? over, now you want this man to give up money he earned? ? OFF!!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? them get money
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They won one super bowl and acting prime time
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that ?

let that dude eat

i hate them
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is some of the most ridiculous ? I've ever heard. There is no evidence that this has affected his commitment to the team/organization in any way, but they expect him to slow down because of perception? How could you tell somebody to stop getting money elsewhere because of the "possibility" of it becoming a distraction? Absurd.

Seahawks lookin shakyyy babyyyy.
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the Superbowl hangover effected them in a different way.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see those Richard Sherman commercials all the time.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I just heard Russell Wilson say you "I don't know what that I'm not black enough stuff mean"

"All I know is that I'm a young educated male"

Why you can't be a young Black educated male

Subliminals

That's why he don't have any black friends and his 6 Man Friendship circle.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about black on black crime
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seahawks are imploding, they won't make the playoffs at this rate
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What SB winning QB doesn't do endorsements?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, Tavaris Jackson is making almost double what he makes but they don't want him getting endorsement money? Come on Seahawks...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they giving him that endorsement money back? Seahawks tripping...Make that paper
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The "black enough" argument is played out. Being black is not a ? characteristic, it's an ethnicity description. These muthafuckas need to just be football players and stop with the part-time neo-? activism. Not every black person needs to grow up in the hood and do stereotypical African-American ? . All he needs to do is be a man and support his family, friends and community and he's good enough for me, even if he never hangs out with a ? like me.

Damn, I hate these ? ? keep beating my Broncos...
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The "black enough" argument is played out. Being black is not a ? characteristic, it's an ethnicity description. These muthafuckas need to just be football players and stop with the part-time neo-? activism. Not every black person needs to grow up in the hood and do stereotypical African-American ? . All he needs to do is be a man and support his family, friends and community and he's good enough for me, even if he never hangs out with a ? like me.

U think a damn football player, cares about another being black enough????
    But keep believing the media tho.

• JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

U think a damn football player, cares about another being black enough????
    But keep believing the media tho

i swaer bruh.. first time i heard that black enough ? im like huh.. i dont even believe that.. thats some garbage the media don made up.. just to throw more fuel on the fire cuz there is obviously something going on in that locker room
  • Shizlansky
    Options

He has no black friends

I don't trust no black dude that don't have black ppl in his inner circle.

And him being a black man he should know better.

Like I said early he didnt identify himself as a black man when asked the question about being black enough

He said I don't know what that mean but I'm a young educated male
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    He don't even a black cousin in his inner circle.

? is weird.