Malcolm X on Equality

Options
playmaker88
playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in The Social Lounge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K9TO4qBjyI

This is gold specifically on equality

"They are not the measuring stick..."

Opportunity is the equality that we should desire not to aspire to be like, co-opt and marginalize ourselves to feel that we have to be LIKE

We are gonna be like in a lot of instances we are human but im talking about our inherently specific core pillarswhich derive from our unique experience.

Post your thoughts.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ? ....you got me wit the thread title change.
    I aint ? :(
    for posterity
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ....you got me wit the thread title change.
    I aint ? :(
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think all everyone wanted was an equal opportunity. You can't guarantee equal outcomes or equal effort.
  • disqus_BIhiXjr7Ep
    disqus_BIhiXjr7Ep Members Posts: 4
    Options
    we need more blacks like him
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Macolm the goat. What he said is true. When white folk talk about eqaulity and integration they talk of us to assimilate into their society. Thing is even when we do that we that we still see injustice. The white is not measuring stick.

• PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right now im reading The destruction of black civilization. In it explained how black africans lost later on. Basically many whites from Europe/middle east infiltrated Egypt through invasions and trade. Soon these whites took black wives and had mulatto babies. These mulatto soon grew and hate the blacks. Long story short they took over lower egypt from the blacks. The black egyptians that stayed in lower egypt looked to the white/mulatto egyptian as the measuring sticks. In the guise of eqaulity and assimilation they were treated as low class citizens. Lower then dirt.
  • JACKIEKENNEDY
    JACKIEKENNEDY Members Posts: 10
    Options
    malcolm x is the og
  • K55N
    K55N Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    What really kills me when I watch stuff like this is he's making so much sense right now . Why didn't my Grandparents listen ? Were they house negros or something I wish they didn't pass on . I feel that if we would have listened to then we'd be in a 10 times better spot then we are now .
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to find a website or a youtube channel where I can just watch Malcom X speeches. Maybe I'll find out what that podcast ? is all about. That sounds like it might be what I'm looking for.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    Right now im reading The destruction of black civilization. In it explained how black africans lost later on. Basically many whites from Europe/middle east infiltrated Egypt through invasions and trade. Soon these whites took black wives and had mulatto babies. These mulatto soon grew and hate the blacks. Long story short they took over lower egypt from the blacks. The black egyptians that stayed in lower egypt looked to the white/mulatto egyptian as the measuring sticks. In the guise of eqaulity and assimilation they were treated as low class citizens. Lower then dirt.

That's a book I've been meaning to check out. I've been reading the ancient origins of African civilization. Cheikh Anta Diop is the man. He puts all those white Egyptian and white Phoenician/Carthaginian theories to rest with facts.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...the opportunity to develop all of our dormant potential

That's some powerful stuff.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...the opportunity to develop all of our dormant potential

That's some powerful stuff.

Whatcha doing down here @obnoxiouslyfresh‌