Obama to Black Voters: 'Get that Cousin Pookie Out to Vote' Man, what? Lol

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at you ? being mad cuz he used a stereotypical nickname...

would it have been better if he used the name "Tyrone" or "Byron"? smh..

Wouldn't better he talked to us with the same intelligence and tact he uses to talk to white folks that hate him.

so because he used a stereotypical nickname he was talking to us not intelligent? when he speaks to the black community 95 percent of the time he talks to us in a tone we can relate to... this should be no different *shrugs *

So it wouldn't be a news story if he came and talked to blue dog democrats in the south and told them to tell auntie Maryanne to turn off honey bobo and get off the couch and vote.

ANYTHING that ? says is gonna be news... he's the president... lol..
  • Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »
    Lol @ the people that dont get it.

This is the equivalent of...if you've ever been in a store and the cashier or whoever interacts w/ white people formal, professional, go the extra mile, etc...then when it comes to you they relax, 'whats goin on man'

Some nggas dont mind, me personally i do.

Lol...I peep that
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what he probably wanted to say is hey black folks get up off your ? and show in large numbers just like you did for him. Don't just show up b/c a black person is running but show up for all elections.

he's speaking to a specific sector of our race. ? my lazy ass cousins ain't voting on ? come Tuesday. And the only reason they know elections are on Tuesday b/c school is closed. But they got time to figure out who's gonna watch her kids while they chill at home and watch Maury. Sadly the ppl that need to hear this won't even be tuned in anywhere that will get this message to them.

• damobb2deep

This is the equivalent of...if you've ever been in a store and the cashier or whoever interacts w/ white people formal, professional, go the extra mile, etc...then when it comes to you they relax, 'whats goin on man'

i personally don't mind if a person is not formal with me... i actually like that better...
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my Goooooooooooooooood

He used a colloquial expression to a black audience. The horror

I'm gonna die! This is awful. How dare he? I'm so insulted.....So nasty and rude! What's he gonna do next...
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

i personally don't mind if a person is not formal with me... i actually like that better...

Well...you diferent tho llls No disrespect. You a triple OG. Me im just a square regular joe who looks a lil younger than i am, so i get it a lot. I dont like that ? .
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    be4rc.gif?w=320&h=180

so is this a problem as well??

Ohhhhh my Gooooooooooooooooood

Barack didn't hit me with the "How do you do, sir?" handshake

This is worse than that episode of Dave Chappell. He doesnt take black people serious. Treating us black people like clowns. I deserve the firm wrist. I'm gonna vote Independent

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y'all could end the debate by producing evidence of him saying something condescending to jewish voters. I'm sure the footage is available on the internet.

He showed up wearing a yamaka rockin a Star of David chain
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if @obnoxiouslyfresh thinks that we are attacking Obama because he believes all blacks have a cousin pookie or naw.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    do y'all really have a cousin "Pookie"?
    do u chastise him for watching sportscaster and not voting?
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way he framed this up was bound to backfire, and rightfully so.
    But why he said it legitimate. We have power that we don't use. ? need to vote.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a cousin name nookie

That ? ignorant as ? .
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    So what.

and coincidentally i have a cousin that they call Pookie..

its funny how people react to ? depending on where it comes from

• b4rPnQrC32H4cT
    b4rPnQrC32H4cT Members Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    So what.

It's intended for the same segment of blacks Don Lemon told to pick up their trash to avoid being profiled. Only thing is, they'll use these lines on a crowd of black college graduates/professionals.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what.

It's intended for the same segment of blacks Don Lemon told to pick up their trash to avoid being profiled. Only thing is, they'll use these lines on a crowd of black college graduates/professionals.

No
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    i bet you guys that are upset about this are quick to say you can't raise a black child the same as you would a white one

You can raise either child as you like, but reality today will shape them out by separating them as they get older.
  • damobb2deep
    More food for thought...Obama doesnt write his speeches or come up with this ? .

nas1-478x311.jpg?w=478

So a group of white speech writers giggling in a cubicle:

Chad!, Chad!, you have GOT to read this!

'Get your cousin Ray Ray off the couch and stop watching sportscenter (and eating sunflower seeds)

'? me! No way bro!'

rich-guys-laughing-300x221.jpg

That pic is misleading... the people who write his speeches are young interns..

but i will say this if you are more outraged about him saying "pookie" than the fact that an election is coming... historically low numbers are gonna come out... and the next president is gonna get blamed for America's pitfalls when these elections help shape the next... you are honestly focused on the wrong thing...