EXCLUSIVE: Kendrick Lamar To Premiere New Single "King Kunta" TONIGHT On NBA TNT

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Last night, HBO Music Supervisor, Scott Vener brewed up a storm while he want on his own version of Kanye rant discussing Kendrick Lamar rumored new single “King Kunta.” The timing of the rant got me thinking… Kendrick Lamar is slated to perform on TNT tonight before the Cleveland Cavaliers take on the New York Knicks on opening night. The mini-concert will be nationally televised and will also serves as Lebron James‘ homecoming game, so why not use the occasion to release the brand new record for everyone to divulge in.

t’s been two years since Kendrick Lamar fu*ked the game up with goood kid, m.A.A.d city and while we know he’s been working on his follow up album, he’s not the type of artist who goes on the radio and tries to hype up his next single or really, reveal anything at all about the music that he has on deck. We see artists do this all the time, but then the song drops and it ends up being super underwhelming. The TDE strategy is the opposite of this approach, they like to put the music out and let it speak for itself, which I think we can all agree makes for more impactful releases.

So when Scott Vener, former music supervisor for Entourage and How To Make It In America, took to Twitter last night to talk about a new K.Dot track that he recently heard, he certainly got alot of people’s attention. Vener recently joined Kendrick in the studio, where he was working with Pharrell, and was bestowed with the rare honor of hearing a new Lamar track before it made it’s way to the masses. The track is apparently called “King Kunta” and well, I’ll let Scott tell it:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Compton?src=hash

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    I like I when it came out bu now I don't even listen to it .
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. As diehard of a Kendrick fan as I am he can get that "I" track all the way the ? outta here. I respect his creativity and the message but I'm not feelin it

I like the second half of the song, when the beat breaks down. 1st Half, eh, not so much. Still looking forward to seeing him premiere this new track though.

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a nice track. Got that old school melody and the verses dont disappoint. KDot might have another good album up his sleeve
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see it but none of you Kendrick stans claiming so I'm guessing that ? sucked and y'all daddy is 0 for 2.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    I forced myself to I like it when it came out, because i mean its Kenrdick, TDE, i have to, but now I don't even listen to it its only so long I can lie to myself.

Fixed, and that goes for a lot of Kendrick fanatics. The fans can keep it real.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    S2J wrote: »
    I forced myself to I like it when it came out, because i mean its Kenrdick, TDE, i have to, but now I don't even listen to it its only so long I can lie to myself.

Fixed, and that goes for a lot of Kendrick fanatics. The fans can keep it real.

How you going to tell somebody else their own opinion? Lol. Its possible to like a song and not listen to it daily. Or do you listen to every song you personally like everyday?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the song? And that new jay rock song goes hard. Both of his new songs. Man Serena Williams was looking so yummy in that commercial bruh.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Kendrick done sold out! lol
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Kendrick fell off

? the West
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U hit the nail in the head w that one...but unfortunately that's how the game goes
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody loves the underdog until he wins..then its not trendy to like em
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Sion wrote: »
    I'm just waiting on the IC to turn on Kendrick, I know it's comin

I still remember back in 09 when Drake could do NO wrong, then that ? drops his album, blows away expectations and overnight EVERYBODY on the IC hates him. Same went for 50 Cent SMMFH. Remember when ? was posting titangraphs about J.Cole never blowing up cuz nobody knows him in real life ? Then this ? comes out and goes gold on his debut and EVERYBODY on here hate his ass now, but drop some new music and he gets 50 GOATs easily followed by a 50 posts about why J.Cole is wack and hanging off Jigga's coattails SMMFH. It's gonna happen with Kendrick too SMMFH. I honestly just think ? want to be mad for the sake of being mad, I mean goooot dayum it's just music at the end of the day. ? living vicariously thru rappers n ? SMMFH.

Doesnt apply to those who never messed with these cats in the first place.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ? with "I" now

I been walking round the past two weeks randomly mumbling "I love myself"
  • blackrain

Its already started. ? claiming the album and singles will be overrated and haven't heard ? but 1 song lol
  • blackrain

I still remember back in 09 when Drake could do NO wrong, then that ? drops his album, blows away expectations and overnight EVERYBODY on the IC hates him. Same went for 50 Cent SMMFH. Remember when ? was posting titangraphs about J.Cole never blowing up cuz nobody knows him in real life ? Then this ? comes out and goes gold on his debut and EVERYBODY on here hate his ass now, but drop some new music and he gets 50 GOATs easily followed by a 50 posts about why J.Cole is wack and hanging off Jigga's coattails SMMFH. It's gonna happen with Kendrick too SMMFH. I honestly just think ? want to be mad for the sake of being mad, I mean goooot dayum it's just music at the end of the day. ? living vicariously thru rappers n ? SMMFH.

You remembering this right except one thing....there was the J Cole won't go gold crowd and also the J Cole Will destroy and replace Drake crowd too. Then when Cole blew up but didn't make it his life mission to destroy Drake Kendrick became their new hope and that's failing too lol
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

You remembering this right except one thing....there was the J Cole won't go gold crowd and also the J Cole Will destroy and replace Drake crowd too. Then when Cole blew up but didn't make it his life mission to destroy Drake Kendrick became their new hope and that's failing too lol

• J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

LOL true....when they started to turn on Cole I said they'll hop on Kendrick next and then when he blow up they'll hop on KRIT's nuts....I don't see KRIT making it to that level of mainstream success so he won't be getting that type of hate
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

Didn't Drake first album not live up to the hype?
  • verbal juke
    verbal juke Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭
    There is also a group of people who judge artist by the content of the music released. If it's trash, I'm going to say it's trash no matter who the artist is. The fact remains Kendrick raised the bar for himself and that's a good thing. That "I" song wasn't it. Point blank period.

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh its not turning on the artist its honesty. If the music not good imma say that if its good I'll give props.

I think GKMC is a classic but I'm not ? with that "I" track. Good message but song sucks
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO @ some white kid at the halloween party I went to last night going "hey did you guys hear that new Lamar Kendrick song King ? -AY?"
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I is dope. I love when it comes on the radio. Its a break from Iggy, Nicki, and DJ Mustard