Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was ?

Options
mryounggun
mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
Gabriel-Fernandez-Parents-x400_0_zps3c5f3c95.jpg

A Southern California couple who beat an 8-year-old boy to death because they reportedly thought he was ? have agreed to plead guilty to murder and torture charges.

Pearl Fernandez, the boy's mother, and her former boyfriend, Isauro Aguirre, reached the plea agreement last week and will be imprisoned for life without parole, avoiding the death penalty, reports Los Angeles TV station KNBC. They pleaded guity to first-degree murder and torture with special circumstances and waived their right to appeal.

Aguirre and Fernandez were accused of torturing the child, Gabriel Fernandez, for several months, calling him ? , beating him when he played with dolls, striking him with belts and baseball bats, forcing him to eat cat feces and his own ? , dousing him in pepper spray, and locking him inside a cabinet with a sock stuffed in his mouth and refusing to let him out to use the bathroom, as previously reported.

His mother called 911 on May 22, 2013 to report that Gabriel was not breathing. When paramedics arrived at the couple's apartment in Palmdale, just north of Los Angeles, they found the child in his bedroom naked, with a cracked skull, several broken ribs, and BB pellets in his lung and groin. He died two days later. Aguirre and Pearl Fernandez were charged with capital murder shortly thereafter.

While social workers had responded to multiple reports of abuse from Gabriel Fernandez's teachers and grandfather, child welfare workers determined that Gabriel was not at risk. Social workers had even found a suicide note the boy had written, but concluded that he did not have an immediate or specific plan to take his own life.

The case was the impetus for several protests regarding a reform of Southern California's child protective services. Four social workers were discharged due to the Fernandez case. The Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services released a lengthy, scathing report on the case, with vast reforms suggested for the department. Because Gabriel Fernandez was under the supervision of DCFS, his maternal grandfather has filed a civil lawsuit against the agency and Los Angeles County for wrongful death. The boy had lived with his grandfather for most of his life before being returned to live with his mother.

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When crazy meets crazy there's always jail time in the future.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fuckn wetbacks
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Aguirre and Fernandez were accused of torturing the child, Gabriel Fernandez, for several months, calling him ? , beating him when he played with dolls, striking him with belts and baseball bats, forcing him to eat cat feces and his own ? , dousing him in pepper spray, and locking him inside a cabinet with a sock stuffed in his mouth and refusing to let him out to use the bathroom, as previously reported.

bruh... if hell really do exist.. both these animals deserve it

let's not overlook...
    When paramedics arrived at the couple's apartment in Palmdale, just north of Los Angeles, they found the child in his bedroom naked, with a cracked skull, several broken ribs, and BB pellets in his lung and groin.

? guessing at if hell exists - they need hell right now. i have a few ideas.
  • b4rPnQrC32H4cT
    b4rPnQrC32H4cT Members Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Those details, man...

Sick.
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i stopped reading after the cat feces thing. that's heartbreaking.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His own mother, though. I want to personally throw hot grease on them.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? them.

? jail.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems like a lot of these cases involve mothers and boyfriends. These chicks need to really think about who they bring around their kids.

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Poor kid. Lil dude had 2 mentally disturbed muhfuckas taking care of him and incompetent social workers to boot.

Meanwhile :
    And nothing happens.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....................suicide note tho.....................smfh
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No offence to anyone..

Mexican Excellence
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This happened because of homophobia. Insane, psychotic homophobia, but homophobia nonetheless. And nobody can know for sure if the poor kid was even ? . This is so sad.

Hopefully, stories like these make parents who say they would disown a child if they came out ? rethink. Not saying all parents who decide to cut off ties are as depraved as the couple in the article, but a parent's lack of love and support can lead the child to want to commit suicide like the kid in the story wanted to.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the problem with our "justice" system. The punishment should fit the crime.

Those two sacks of ? should be made to experience every single moment of torture they inflicted on that kid, and then some.

People who do not exhibit civilized behavior should not have the benefit of a civilized process.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The welfare workers should get life as well. ? them
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? deserve DEATH ? life. Cali peeps gunna pay they taxes on this ? cuz the ? was scary. That fat ? deserves 2 get his ass ? with a steel pipe no ? I just hate fools who hurt kids smh
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Crazy part is I see no remorse in their faces
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Death would be an easy out for these sick ? . They should be tortured w/in and inch of their life..........allowed to heal and then be tortured again. Rinse and repeat the torture until they are begging for death.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The evil things hate will make you do....

These people are an embarrassment to all human beings.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put a mini cactus in their throats and shove them down with a red hot iron rod.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't support the actions of these people if my child is ? he/she will eventually be disowned but not at such a young age
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    I don't support the actions of these people if my child is ? he/she will eventually be disowned but not at such a young age

Disowning you own child at any age is just as bad as these two...

You handing them over to the perils of this world with no support system...May as well just ? em' yaself...

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »

Disowning you own child at any age is just as bad as these two...

You handing them over to the perils of this world with no support system...May as well just ? em' yaself...

like my father taught me the world is harsh and only strong people can thrive in it.. if my child ? or not choose to ? himself then that's his choice he was too ? weak anyway.

maybe his mother will support him but I won't.