Furious 7 (April 3, 2015)

Options

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    ? are clearly joking. Yes there were plenty moments where my girl and I looked at each other like "come on now" but we still take it for what it is. Just a damn action packed entertaining MOVIE. I enjoyed it, probably my 3 or 4 fav of the series.

C/s this to the fullest.

I swear nights be wanting Oscar performances, instead of just enjoying the movie for what it is.

That damn Abu Dabi car in the penthouse tho...wow.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    We all enjoyed it, weve gathered that much. That being said we are DISCUSSING the movie. what we liked and disliked about the movie. isnt that wtf were here for. nobody is saying it shouldve been grounded in reality, were just saying we all had that yea gtfoh moment when dom rolled down that mountain and neither him nor homegirl had a scratch, thats all. Still an awesome movie and the consensus is the majority of us left satisfied. What more can you ask for? That being said i liked the ending but i think it wouldve been perfect if Brian finally got the W against Dom in the end scene. We all know how much that W meant to him.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Avengers are a team of super heroes though, not really an adequate comparison.

Oh that's right... Super heroes are somehow more believable than 60 sec quarter mile races, granny shifting and explosions without collateral damage

My point is it's just an action movie no different than the gun with infinite bullets or Rambo blowing up a tower with a bow and arrow.. If you're expecting groundbreaking cinema then you bought the wrong ticket

Enjoy the ride for what it is..

What's up with all the sarcasm?

Point I was making is that of course most of us going to see Avengers and not complain about the same stuff because the characters are built to do stuff like that while FF crew weren't. Like Fall off mountains with no scratches and power stomp through concrete.

They're transforming FF crew to some formidable metahumans which is why there's satrical comments about it going all through the thread. I enjoyed the movie because it was entertaining but it's not going to ? nobody to poke fun at some of the ridiculousness that was present in the movie. That's all I was getting at.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie was bad. I mean Tokyo Drift type bad. lol

This ? had so much unbelievable type ? in it.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea joe they just went way way over the top with this one

and why was bow wow still rocking a du rag

• Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Avengers are a team of super heroes though, not really an adequate comparison.

Oh that's right... Super heroes are somehow more believable than 60 sec quarter mile races, granny shifting and explosions without collateral damage

My point is it's just an action movie no different than the gun with infinite bullets or Rambo blowing up a tower with a bow and arrow.. If you're expecting groundbreaking cinema then you bought the wrong ticket

Enjoy the ride for what it is..

What's up with all the sarcasm?

Point I was making is that of course most of us going to see Avengers and not complain about the same stuff because the characters are built to do stuff like that while FF crew weren't. Like Fall off mountains with no scratches and power stomp through concrete

They're transforming FF crew to some formidable metahumans which is why there's satrical comments about it going all through the thread. I enjoyed the movie because it was entertaining but it's not going to ? nobody to poke fun at some of the ridiculousness that was present in the movie. That's all I was getting at.

Rolling at the bolded. These Furious 7 dudes are some majin buu ?
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    We all enjoyed it, weve gathered that much. That being said we are DISCUSSING the movie. what we liked and disliked about the movie. isnt that wtf were here for. nobody is saying it shouldve been grounded in reality, were just saying we all had that yea gtfoh moment when dom rolled down that mountain and neither him nor homegirl had a scratch, thats all. Still an awesome movie and the consensus is the majority of us left satisfied. What more can you ask for? That being said i liked the ending but i think it wouldve been perfect if Brian finally got the W against Dom in the end scene. We all know how much that W meant to him.

thats exactly how it shouldve ended. damn I aint even think about that. he been chasin that real W since the first 1 lol
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thought he beat him in beginning of movie...
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thought he beat him in beginning of movie...

Nah I don't think Brian's EVER beaten Dom legit throughout the whole series. Only time he beat him was in Fast Five, but that was a gift for him having a kid
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yea joe they just went way way over the top with this one

and why was bow wow still rocking a du rag

That was a clip taken straight from Tokyo Drift that wasn't anything new lol...as for the movie it was what I expected. Even more over the top ? and more unbelievable ? you can never do with a car. If you went into this and were surprised at the ? they did how the hell did you make it through the 1st 6 movies?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    just got back lol this movie was corny as ? .

Loved it tho
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good damn movie ? all that extra ? ya'll talking about I enjoyed the action
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    movie grossed $1 billion in 17 days
    avengers 2 might break that record but it's still impressive
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol AoU.probably gonna do that in half the time
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok just saw furious 7 and it was definitely entertaining. I have to say it was hilarious seeing them survive head on collisions and falling off crazy heights with no concussions lol.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Ok just saw furious 7 and it was definitely entertaining. I have to say it was hilarious seeing them survive head on collisions and falling off crazy heights with no concussions lol.

Word. When Dom turned the car around and drove off the cliff. I thought he had an extra parachute with the car or something but nope they just merrily crashed down the cliff. No car blowing up, no broken bones. lol
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Anyone else think this could do a billion?

After 5-7 weeks worldwide maybe.

I still think avengers would do more, me and my dude got a bet on it.

I had a feeling this would reach a billion, but to do it in 17 days is pretty ? impressive.
  • iron man1
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    iron man1 wrote: »

Word. When Dom turned the car around and drove off the cliff. I thought he had an extra parachute with the car or something but nope they just merrily crashed down the cliff. No car blowing up, no broken bones. lol

Lol thought the same thing man but, I was done when this dude got smacked point blank in the face with a wrench and got up like it was nothing.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "earn that paycheck tyrese"

It's funny, but as much as I don't want to blame him, he's the one who agreed to be the comedy relief.

You know it's bad when at the end of FF6, even The Rock has to resort to "big forehead" jokes to interact with Tyrese.
  • iron man1
    Options
    The dialog really was bad though Rocks charisma was the only thing saving those lines in this movie lol. Corny ? everywhere but damn the Ramse chick is ? baaad.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn wtf did I just watch??? Were they the fast and furious or the Expendables?? Paul Walker and Vin Diesel bust they guns better than Stallone and Schwarzanegger gotdamn!