Report: Dr. Ben Carson To Announce Candidacy For President This Weekend

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in The Social Lounge
Obamacare-27.jpg

Yes, the 2016 race for the White House has already gotten started -- and it looks like
Dr. Ben Carson is first in the ring.

Carson, a famous pediatric neurosurgeon and conservative political star, will air a nearly
40 minute-long ad introducing himself to the American people this weekend in his opening
bid for the Republican nomination, an aide to Carson confirms to ABC News.

The documentary titled “A Breath of Fresh Air: A New Prescription for America” will air in
22 states and Washington, DC. The paid video will detail some of his biography and family
life, including his rise from being born to a single mother with a poor childhood in Detroit to
director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins for almost 40 years, known for his work
separating conjoined twins, to potential 2016 presidential candidate.

Carson first became a conservative star when last year he created a buzz at the National
Prayer Breakfast when in front of an audience that included President Obama and Vice
President Biden he spoke out about political correctness, health care and taxes.

He also called for a private health care savings plan and a flat tax in the speech that
went viral and led to an editorial in the Wall Street Journal titled Ben Carson for President.
He is known as a fierce opponent of the president’s health care law known as Obamacare.

In an ABC News/Washington Post poll from last month of the potential 2016 presidential
candidates showed Carson in seventh place garnering seven percent of the vote after
other notables including Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee, Chris Christie, and Marco Rubio.

Carson has a grassroots effort to draft him for a 2016 presidential run that has raised
millions for the effort. In an interview last month with Jorge Ramos on our sister network,
Fusion he said he’s considering a White House run.

“No, I don’t want to be president. Why would any sane person want to do that?” Carson
said, acknowledging he has noticed the support. “I think I have to consider that, with so
many clamoring for me to do it.”

The Washington Times first reported the news of Carson’s video. A production company
run by Armstrong Williams, a conservative commentator, is paying for the airtime. They
also filmed the documentary. Williams is Carson’s business manager.

As it says in the article, this guy is "managed" by Armstrong Williams. So,
you know what his agenda is.

Here his defending Darren Wilson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB0AJkL3vyc

National Prayer Breakfast with Obama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would almost be interesting to see what one of the uncle-ruckus-? -mf's would try to do prove to white America how non-Black they are.

I have maybe 2 problems with "Obamacare" but to say it was the worst thing to happen, by any measure, is a lie.

And another thing, for those who say Obama ain't Black enough - can you picture one of these dudes in office ?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the next few months, he'll finally see. how far boot licking has gotten him with white folks.

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “No, I don’t want to be president. Why would any sane person want to do that?” Carson
    said, acknowledging he has noticed the support. “I think I have to consider that, with so
    many clamoring for me to do it.”

So he don't even wanna do it?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Leadership is about management, not stubbornly clinging to ideology...
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll stop short of calling Dr. Carson derogatory names, but he'll get his ? wake up call soon enough.

There is no way the GOP backs or supports him in this endeavor in any way, shape, or form.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I don't give a ?
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude is an Independent. I think he is just playing a role to make money. Sarah Palin is in the same boat to me. These people can't be that far off its for cash
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hilary Clinton is one person who needs not any power. Feminist and a ? .
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It would be GOAT to have back to back black presidents but Uncle Dr. Ben is a ? ? and it's going to be funny watching him shuffle around for no reason.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just gonna go for the throne huh? Ain't gonna try to be Mayor or Governor, hell even city councilman or Alderman. ? ain't nobody gone let you win president. I sure hope they don't try to use that "black people voting for people because they're black" logic with Ben Carson because don't nobody care about him lol
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Herman Cain smiling from his grave @ this ?
    herman-cain-smile.gif
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    according to racist republican logic from the last two elections he should get over 90% of the black vote simply because he's black, right?
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    National Prayer Breakfast with Obama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA

this speech was goat
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ any Black person thinking they have a shot at the presidency right after Obama leaves. Even if you are a CAC bootlicker, ain't no way they putting another Black person in office this soon after Obama.

I need not to say anymore
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopped reading after "Here his defending Darren Wilson"
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    lol @ obamacare being like slavery. i wasnt around back then but I doubt anyone, even the housiest of house negros, willingly signed up for slavery
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hilary Clinton is one person who needs not any power. Feminist and a ? .

Hilary would be a female version of George W Bush. She voted for the war in Iraq and supported the wars in Libya and Syria, I think America can do a hell of a lot better then her. We can do better then Ben Carson too, although I do like that he's against Obamacare
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    I'll stop short of calling Dr. Carson derogatory names, but he'll get his ? wake up call soon enough.

There is no way the GOP backs or supports him in this endeavor in any way, shape, or form.

IDK man, some Republicans really are trying to get a new Black Republican star. Mia Love, the first Haitian-American woman to ever get elected to Congress, is a Republican star right now. Some are even saying she should run for president lol, so I wouldn't be so sure. Oh and she won in Utah, the Whitest state in America (and most Republican too). I wouldn't vote for her but some in the GOP did

http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/2014/11/08/362547523/as-gop-swept-congress-black-republicans-took-home-historic-wins

mia_love_wide-4fdbfc3c477d446b205d71bf7e66605693edc71a-s40-c85.jpg

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    IDK man, some Republicans really are trying to get a new Black Republican star. Mia Love, the first Haitian-American woman to ever get elected to Congress, is a Republican star right now. Some are even saying she should run for president lol, so I wouldn't be so sure. Oh and she won in Utah, the Whitest state in America (and most Republican too). I wouldn't vote for her but some in the GOP did
    the question is, in the end, what's the reason you wouldn't vote for them?
    if it's policy-based, that's different from "no (D) after their name" (and more constructive). but something tells me that, for a lot of people, it's not the former.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    the question is, in the end, what's the reason you wouldn't vote for them?
    if it's policy-based, that's different from "no (D) after their name" (and more constructive). but something tells me that, for a lot of people, it's not the former.

I voted for a non-Democrat many times in my life as an independent, but many people, especially Blacks, don't trust Republicans and won't vote for one for many good reasons. After George W Bush, I would be scared to death to vote for any Republican unless they can prove to me they're not warmongers and support horrible foreign policies like invading Iran (something Republicans are dying to do, especially if they get the presidency). But if a Republican sounds rational like maybe a Rand Paul or someone close to that, maybe Americans of all parties will vote for one for president. I doubt Hilary would beat Rand Paul to be honest, Hilary's vote for the war in Iraq is gonna drag her down.