Ben Stein: America’s Real Race Problem Is ‘Pathetic, Self-Defeating Black Underclass’...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in The Social Lounge
mediaite.com/online/ben-stein-americas-real-race-problem-is-pathetic-self-defeating-black-underclass/
After actor-turned-game show host-turned conservative pundit Ben Stein called President Barack Obama “the most racist president there has ever been in America” two days before the midterm elections, no one should be surprised by his latest comments about the “real problem with race” in the United States.

While Stein made his previous set of controversial comments on Fox News, this time he turned to the online conservative network, Newsmax TV, where he elaborated on his thoughts about America’s racial problems.

On his previous comments, Stein said that fact that some “left-wing” websites were attacking him only means that he was right. For the record, Newsmax host Steve Malzberg said he agreed with Stein’s assessment about President Obama “100%.”

Later, Malzberg asked Stein about recent reports that Michael Brown’s mother may have been involved in some sort of armed robbery, a story that has not been widely reported in the media.

“You would think, if you read the liberal mainstream media, that the main problem with race in America was poor innocent black people being set upon and mistreated by the police. That’s just nonsense,” he said. “I mean, the real problem with race in America is a very, very beaten-down, pathetic, self-defeating black underclass that is, uh, just can’t seem to get its way going in the way that blacks were able to before the scourge of drugs and the scourge of gangs.”

“I mean, it’s an amazing thing — blacks were on their way in this country, even after the horrors of slavery, and then drugs came in, the destruction of families came in, and the crisis in the black community is just absolutely unbelievable,” he continued. “And that, it seems to me, is something that Mr. Obama could have addressed, and he has ignored it completely.”

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He sure is comfy
  • b4rPnQrC32H4cT
    b4rPnQrC32H4cT Members Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Respectability politics.

Word to Lt. Colonel West.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White Privilege made him say it. Of course he would have a very different opinion if he was living the struggle.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

“You would think, if you read the liberal mainstream media, that the main problem with race in America was poor innocent black people being set upon and mistreated by the police. That’s just nonsense,” he said. “I mean, the real problem with race in America is a very, very beaten-down, pathetic, self-defeating black underclass that is, uh, just can’t seem to get its way going in the way that blacks were able to before the scourge of drugs and the scourge of gangs.”
    Does he not know where the drugs came from?????

zxY2__1x6SoWqTUsJ8wkia3xzhbCNsHQT0Hxj4ANDbTQn8V-chgqfadz1DDriEzqk_g69FoNSsAwzqO_=w244-h159-nc

And as far as the gangs most if not all trace their roots back to integration. Blacks formed gangs to defend themselves against whites that were trying to run them out of newly intergrated communities. It wasnt until Olie North and Regean needed money to pay for a war that congress wouldn't authorize that drugs began flooding our neighborhoods. These cac are something else. Smmfh
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also Irish and Italian gangs existed way before crips and the bloods
  • b4rPnQrC32H4cT
    b4rPnQrC32H4cT Members Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »

zxY2__1x6SoWqTUsJ8wkia3xzhbCNsHQT0Hxj4ANDbTQn8V-chgqfadz1DDriEzqk_g69FoNSsAwzqO_=w244-h159-nc

And as far as the gangs most if not all trace their roots back to integration. Blacks formed gangs to defend themselves against whites that were trying to run them out of newly intergrated communities. It wasnt until Olie North and Regean needed money to pay for a war that congress wouldn't authorize that drugs began flooding our neighborhoods. These cac are something else. Smmfh

Respectability politics does not concern itself with these details.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to live in the same country as these morons.

The internet has created an echo chamber where all the "dittoheads" (word to Bill O'Reilly) can share nonsensical world views and not feel ashamed or have to deal with being ostracized.

You can believe outrageous things and always have an audience willing to listen and cosign, or at least defend or deflect for you.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    well, drugs probably did predate Oliver North by a little
    Copper wrote: »
    also Irish and Italian gangs existed way before crips and the bloods
    but this is a better point. and really, organized crime and/or criminal trade in illicit goods goes back a long, long ways. probably a bit more than the 1980s
  • Masterfultech
    Masterfultech Members Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Post-Racial America...sure has alot of problems with Blacks.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Butter chicken for dinner
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This clown knows nothing about psychology or any other human or social studies, why the ? does he voice his opinion? The guy is a lawyer, stick to what you know old ? .
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess this cracka got it all figured out huh.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SMH, wish i never read that. What a waste of time. Ignorance tolerance level is so low now, where sensitivity is directed and shown in the wrong places, excluding the minorities and Blacks. It seems Obama being president was done intentially now. To garner relief from African Americans, so that they can tell us how they REALLY feel about us, and if we disagree, they show us Obama for "changing times" FOH bruh. Some things people shouldnt just speak on, and living as a Black Man/Woman is one of them.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the latest edition of Whites being white devils. No real news here. The real question is what has Obama really done for us as a community. I mean really what has he done?? I was all for defending our president in 2008. I echoed my defense for him in 2012 by saying it takes longer than one term to fix the mess Bush Jr. left. However, at this point, what is the excuse for Obama not having a Black agenda?? Whites aren't ? with him at all, he's been a lame duck president for at least a year now, and now that Congress is controlled by Republican he might as well golf until 2016.

What does he have to lose by using executive orders to implement laws that protect and assist Blacks?? Ben Stein and the rest of White America will not change their opinion on "? ". So why not cater to the people that were with u no matter what and defend you at every turn?? Every election, regardless to what the voting record of the candidate is, Blacks vote 90% in favor of Democrats and we have nothing to show for it but the ability to drink from the same water fountains as Whites. We wanted the Change that was promised but all we got was more of the same smh
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did he forget about all the successful black businesses and communities that white people destroyed out of jealousy? Rosewood FL? Tulsa OK? Yeah they ? us over with drugs and private prisons too but lets not leave out key events in history.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This is the latest edition of Whites being white devils. No real news here. The real question is what has Obama really done for us as a community. I mean really what has he done?? I was all for defending our president in 2008. I echoed my defense for him in 2012 by saying it takes longer than one term to fix the mess Bush Jr. left. However, at this point, what is the excuse for Obama not having a Black agenda?? Whites aren't ? with him at all, he's been a lame duck president for at least a year now, and now that Congress is controlled by Republican he might as well golf until 2016.

What does he have to lose by using executive orders to implement laws that protect and assist Blacks?? Ben Stein and the rest of White America will not change their opinion on "? ". So why not cater to the people that were with u no matter what and defend you at every turn?? Every election, regardless to what the voting record of the candidate is, Blacks vote 90% in favor of Democrats and we have nothing to show for it but the ability to drink from the same water fountains as Whites. We wanted the Change that was promised but all we got was more of the same smh

I agree and the same could be said for all democrats who we blindly vote for as African Americans. Not saying we need to start voting republican or anything. We need to start gaining some political influence and a half black man in the white house who's afraid to acknowledge his own race is not political influence. It just shows us how powerless we really are in this country.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ben Stein is a Jew. I dont give a ? what he thinks about anything.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im going with Woodrow Wilson.
    That racist ? and his cabinet members would eat popcorn and drink soda pop out of glass bottles while mega Fapping to Birth of a Nation.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our potential influence in this country in many ways is extremely wasted our buying power if I remember right ranks ninth in the world if we were a country in a land where we're just at 13 percent of the population let that ? sink in