game franchises doing too much?

Splackavelli
Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
which game franchise do you think is doing too much or being greedy. yeah every year there is a new madden or 2k game but thats expected. i can only think of one franchise in this category and thats assassins creed. every time i look up there is a new game . i swear it was just yester day when black flag was released. now theres a unity game and rumers of a assasins creed based in japan coming. that franchise needs to take a break and come up for air. the funny thing is i never played one assasins creed game.

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Yup assassins creed really ? up this year. Took away most ? we been given since the first and that currency ? is boo boo
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup assassins creed really ? up this year. Took away most ? we been given since the first and that currency ? is boo boo

Sounds like they went the way of Dead Space 3 ...... got fed up and stopped playing that after a while.

I'm only 12% thru Black Flag ..... will probably get this one when the price drops. I'm a history buff so I like these type of games
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't 2 assassin's creeds come out this year? And black flag last?

I would buy that Japan one though...I never played a AC game
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beta wrote: »
    Didn't 2 assassin's creeds come out this year? And black flag last?

I would buy that Japan one though...I never played a AC game

The Japan one ain't real. It was fan art.

Ubisoft as a whole is doing too much. After the Watch Dogs fiasco they drop this Unity bomb. I fear for FarCry 4.
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saints Row series. They just need to stick to the basics. Screw all that alien dumb ? ... no one cares about that.
    Came in here to post this.

SR1 & SR2 were high quality games.... the drop off from those to 3&4 is absolutely disgusting

• Splackavelli
    Saints Row series. They just need to stick to the basics. Screw all that alien dumb ? ... no one cares about that.

you won't like the next one that's for sure. you don't believe me check the trailer out on you tube. they should just call that game doo doo grits.
  • Splackavelli
    anything Mario. I wonder what the hell is going on with Nintendo? I know its aimed at family entertainment but c'mon. that line up trailer showed nothing promising or nothing i'd want to play. yeah they got some games like arkham city or an assasins creed but they need more than that. as for Mario I want to see a Mario game that's 3d but feels like the old school supermario bros games. more turtles goombas and hammer brothers and less cute and cuddly caterpillar or puff ball or ladybug enimies.

I bought new supermario bros wii and that ? disappointed me. I was looking forward to the megamushroom giant Mario powerup like on the ds but instead you get this micro mushroom that shrinks you so you fit in small spaces and a penguin suit. the wii u needs another Metroid prime, a Zelda, some more third party games and I dont' mean family type games and games that would utilize the wii connect online play like another wii sports. although wii sports on the wii didn't have online play which was stupid on Nintendo's part. I blame president reggie fils-aime for this. he sucks I like the guy before him he seemed to know what he was doing.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't like Mario 3D World? That game is refreshing. Every stage is something new and different.
  • Splackavelli
    edited November 2014
    You don't like Mario 3D World? That game is refreshing. Every stage is something new and different.

after mario galaxy 1 a2 and 3d land..... the 4 player co op was nice though i never played anyway i just watched walkthroughts on youtube. 3d world was good i like the co op and the power ups and the mega mario power up on a 3d platforming game. its not the heroes. it the enemies. the problem with the 3d versions is theres not enough of the core enimies mainly the koopa troopas , hammer brothers, beetles,lakitu's etc. the 3-d games are saturated with cutesy enimies like ladybugs cattepillars squirels and a whole lot of unfamiliar mario ? . yeah you can have it in the game just don't over do it. also with the 3d mario games the emphasis is put on obstacles and what not.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ppl scared to say COD? Drop one of those with an ass creed every yr
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Splinter Cell. What happened to the awesome innovative stealth game I loved?
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

Did you play Blacklist? What was wrong with that?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assassin 's creed 's force is that we are afford to play in new environments. however if the main character has no charisma and if the plot sucks its a fail for me.

i think that developers are neglecting scenarios. visually we are in the next gen, yet speaking of behing thrilled we are still waiting...
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    The business is definitely taking a more penny squeezing direction. I want to say this is the worst new generation launch to date, but I wasn't into gaming as much back in the past.

Unfinished games, amateurish bugs, a lack of innovation, and an over sensationalized hype machine for it all.

X1 players would be screwed to hell if MS had went through with not letting folks play used games. With Gamefly the only option besides paying full price, you're literally rolling the dice these days. I've never felt the need to depend on online reviews so much till now. Being able to trade in towards a new purchase is bout the only silver lining you have in a worst case scenario.

These franchises really need to just get back to basics.
  • Splackavelli
    Ppl scared to say COD? Drop one of those with an ass creed every yr

i haven't cared for a call of duty game since call of duty 3. modern warfare 3 had my atttention for a minute. advanced warfare looks promising though.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assassins creed...I'm a fan but wtf is up with a game that leaves ? locked and the only way to unlock shitvis for you to dl an app on ur phone that also has a premium package for 2$ AND if you haven't registered on their initiates web site and played previous games you can't unlock past outfits...AND by progressing thru their game unlocks uplay points that lets you unlock more locked content smh what the muthafuck?!
  • IamNumberOne
    And on top of that their games always drop with bugs any glitches...they sell beta games for us to test then send out patches.....they need to have one studio focus on one game for 2 years instead of have a bunch of their random studios working on one game to push it every year
  • Splackavelli
    ^gta 5 is pretty much did the same. they gave us a beta with constant patches. the shark cards etc. what i hated the most was the chop app. you needed a phone to train a dog when you could have done so in the game and chop was hardly utilized. they didn't give him enough missions etc. all chop was,was a damn digipet. these game companies have become money hoarding bloodsuckers that doesn't care what gamers want but instead dictates what gamers want.
  • IamNumberOne
    I have to disagree with the R* one because like you said chop wasn't really needed he was in one story mission and it was mandatory...the patches were for the online aspect of the game which I think is ok because there's gamers dedicated to find glitches and holes to games...from my understanding the sp didn't have any problems while they kept evolving the online with patches/updates
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    every game that charges you $60 or better for a game
    then try to get another $15-60 to get the rest of the game,
    and call that ? downloadable content.

that ? is WACK
  • IamNumberOne
    That's called a season pass lol
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    COD, Halo, Ass Creed and most of Nintendo's games
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you play Blacklist? What was wrong with that?

It was too easy and casual friendly. I liked it but it wasn't what I love about SC.