Documentary: The Newburgh Sting

obnoxiouslyfresh
obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
I finally got around to seeing it. Just made my blood boil. BOIL!

Here's the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLzPn-YvXXs

Full Video: http://www.iwannawatch.to/2014/07/the-newburgh-sting-2014/

Comments

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    It was really good, might I add. I dont even watch stuff like this, but I enjoyed it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the short synopsis OB it was riveting

just saw the trailer

its in JWplayer.. ok i will watch later
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Thanks for the short synopsis OB it was riveting

just saw the trailer

its in JWplayer.. ok i will watch later

@playmaker88‌

I'm gonna hold you to it, so you better!
    ~X(
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this... this is how our system works... yet we have so much faith in it...
  • dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to check this out later
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Definitley watchin this. Entrapment? Eh, probably.

But ummm, unless there's some info im not seein, them nggas did plenty on their own accord.

If it were 3 Iraqi born dudes bein entrapped (into bombing a fuking building...and that ? happens A LOT) you'd never think twice. You'd OBVIOUSLY think 'well why are you even in a position to bomb a building....

So, no. They not gettin my e-outrage just b/c they black. Foh
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Watched the video. They made a choice to do some dumb ? and got caught up.....plain and simple. Yeah it sucks that they got played by the Feds, but nobody forced them to do anything. Nigguhs haven't learned ? from history. I kinda feel bad for the brothers who got Rick Ross'd. Tough break. The government should be held accountable for their fuckery as well, but we all know that will never happen.

And let's just say that this wasn't some government bred trickery. Let's assume that the informant was not an informant but a legit terrorist. Would anyone feel sympathy for them if they had carried out the plan and killed a bunch of innocent people? But I'm supposed to feel sorry for them because they "got tricked"? foh.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nex gin wrote: »
    Watched the video. They made a choice to do some dumb ? and got caught up.....plain and simple. Yeah it sucks that they got played by the Feds, but nobody forced them to do anything. Nigguhs haven't learned ? from history. I kinda feel bad for the brothers who got Rick Ross'd. Tough break. The government should be held accountable for their fuckery as well, but we all know that will never happen.

And let's just say that this wasn't some government bred trickery. Let's assume that the informant was not an informant but a legit terrorist. Would anyone feel sympathy for them if they had carried out the plan and killed a bunch of innocent people? But I'm supposed to feel sorry for them because they "got tricked"? foh.

LOL I was kind of thinking this. But the feds did give a bunch of poor guys a bunch of cash to carry out a fake plan, so I would lower any sentence they may get or have gotten.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL I was kind of thinking this. But the feds did give a bunch of poor guys a bunch of cash to carry out a fake plan, so I would lower any sentence they may get or have gotten.

But you didnt feel comfortable sayin it b/c you aint wanna be called a '? ' right...IC politics.
  • kingblaze84
    S2J wrote: »

But you didnt feel comfortable sayin it b/c you aint wanna be called a '? ' right...IC politics.

Ha yeah I know how people here can be at times so I try to be diplomatic....
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    you know, you want to talk entrapment, what we need is a documentary about the ATF's schemes in Milwaukee
  • kingblaze84
    janklow wrote: »
    you know, you want to talk entrapment, what we need is a documentary about the ATF's schemes in Milwaukee

What happened there
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator

What happened there
    well... let's start with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. it's a big article (in a series of articles), so i'll give you the highlights:
    Watchdog Report: ATF uses rogue tactics in storefront stings across nation
    Aaron Key wasn't sure he wanted a tattoo on his neck. Especially one of a giant squid smoking a joint.
    But the guys running Squid's Smoke Shop in Portland, Ore., convinced him: It would be a perfect way to promote their store.
    They would even pay him and a friend $150 apiece if they agreed to turn their bodies into walking billboards.
    Key, who is mentally disabled, was swayed.
    He and his friend, Marquis Glover, liked Squid's. It was their hangout. The 19-year-olds spent many afternoons there playing Xbox and chatting with the owner, "Squid," and the store clerks.
    So they took the money and got the ink etched on their necks, tentacles creeping down to their collarbones.
    It would be months before the young men learned the whole thing was a setup. The guys running Squid's were actually undercover ATF agents conducting a sting to get guns away from criminals and drugs off the street.
    The tattoos had been sponsored by the U.S. government; advertisements for a fake storefront.
    The teens found out as they were arrested and booked into jail.

Among the findings:

■ ATF agents befriended mentally disabled people to drum up business and later arrested them in at least four cities in addition to Milwaukee. In Wichita, Kan., ATF agents referred to a man with a low IQ as "slow-headed" before deciding to secretly use him as a key cog in their sting. And agents in Albuquerque, N.M., gave a brain-damaged drug addict with little knowledge of weapons a "tutorial" on machine guns, hoping he could find them one.

■ Agents in several cities opened undercover gun- and drug-buying operations in safe zones near churches and schools, allowed juveniles to come in and play video games and teens to smoke marijuana, and provided alcohol to underage youths. In Portland, attorneys for three teens who were charged said a female agent dressed provocatively, flirted with the boys and encouraged them to bring drugs and weapons to the store to sell.

■ As they did in Milwaukee, agents in other cities offered sky-high prices for guns, leading suspects to buy firearms at stores and turn around and sell them to undercover agents for a quick profit. In other stings, agents ran fake pawnshops and readily bought stolen items, such as electronics and bikes — no questions asked — spurring burglaries and theft. In Atlanta, agents bought guns that had been stolen just hours earlier, several ripped off from police cars.

■ Agents damaged buildings they rented for their operations, tearing out walls and rewiring electricity — then stuck landlords with the repair bills. A property owner in Portland said agents removed a parking lot spotlight,damaging her new $30,000 roof and causing leaks, before they shut down the operation and disappeared without a way for her to contact them.

■ Agents pressed suspects for specific firearms that could fetch tougher penalties in court. They allowed felons to walk out of the stores armed with guns. In Wichita, agents suggested a felon take a shotgun, saw it off and bring it back — and provided instructions on how to do it. The sawed-off gun allowed them to charge the man with a more serious crime.

■ In Pensacola, the ATF hired a felon to run its pawnshop. The move widened the pool of potential targets, boosting arrest numbers.Even those trying to sell guns legally could be charged if they knowingly sold to a felon. The ATF's pawnshop partner was later convicted of pointing a loaded gun at someone outside a bar. Instead of a stiff sentence typically handed down to repeat offenders in federal court, he got six months in jail — and a pat on the back from the prosecutor.

"To say this is just a few people, a few bad apples, I don't buy it," said David Harris, a professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and an expert on law enforcement tactics and regulation. "If your agency is in good shape with policy, training, supervision and accountability, the bad apples will not be able to take things to this level."
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only watched the trailer..,looks interesting. I'll watch it, I'm not buying the victim story though.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh Dave is a good dude knew him since 6th grade. I don't think they should've gotten add much time as they got.
  • kingblaze84

What happened there
    well... let's start with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. it's a big article (in a series of articles), so i'll give you the highlights:
    Watchdog Report: ATF uses rogue tactics in storefront stings across nation
    Aaron Key wasn't sure he wanted a tattoo on his neck. Especially one of a giant squid smoking a joint.
    But the guys running Squid's Smoke Shop in Portland, Ore., convinced him: It would be a perfect way to promote their store.
    They would even pay him and a friend $150 apiece if they agreed to turn their bodies into walking billboards.
    Key, who is mentally disabled, was swayed.
    He and his friend, Marquis Glover, liked Squid's. It was their hangout. The 19-year-olds spent many afternoons there playing Xbox and chatting with the owner, "Squid," and the store clerks.
    So they took the money and got the ink etched on their necks, tentacles creeping down to their collarbones.
    It would be months before the young men learned the whole thing was a setup. The guys running Squid's were actually undercover ATF agents conducting a sting to get guns away from criminals and drugs off the street.
    The tattoos had been sponsored by the U.S. government; advertisements for a fake storefront.
    The teens found out as they were arrested and booked into jail.

Among the findings:

■ ATF agents befriended mentally disabled people to drum up business and later arrested them in at least four cities in addition to Milwaukee. In Wichita, Kan., ATF agents referred to a man with a low IQ as "slow-headed" before deciding to secretly use him as a key cog in their sting. And agents in Albuquerque, N.M., gave a brain-damaged drug addict with little knowledge of weapons a "tutorial" on machine guns, hoping he could find them one.

■ Agents in several cities opened undercover gun- and drug-buying operations in safe zones near churches and schools, allowed juveniles to come in and play video games and teens to smoke marijuana, and provided alcohol to underage youths. In Portland, attorneys for three teens who were charged said a female agent dressed provocatively, flirted with the boys and encouraged them to bring drugs and weapons to the store to sell.

■ As they did in Milwaukee, agents in other cities offered sky-high prices for guns, leading suspects to buy firearms at stores and turn around and sell them to undercover agents for a quick profit. In other stings, agents ran fake pawnshops and readily bought stolen items, such as electronics and bikes — no questions asked — spurring burglaries and theft. In Atlanta, agents bought guns that had been stolen just hours earlier, several ripped off from police cars.

■ Agents damaged buildings they rented for their operations, tearing out walls and rewiring electricity — then stuck landlords with the repair bills. A property owner in Portland said agents removed a parking lot spotlight,damaging her new $30,000 roof and causing leaks, before they shut down the operation and disappeared without a way for her to contact them.

■ Agents pressed suspects for specific firearms that could fetch tougher penalties in court. They allowed felons to walk out of the stores armed with guns. In Wichita, agents suggested a felon take a shotgun, saw it off and bring it back — and provided instructions on how to do it. The sawed-off gun allowed them to charge the man with a more serious crime.

■ In Pensacola, the ATF hired a felon to run its pawnshop. The move widened the pool of potential targets, boosting arrest numbers.Even those trying to sell guns legally could be charged if they knowingly sold to a felon. The ATF's pawnshop partner was later convicted of pointing a loaded gun at someone outside a bar. Instead of a stiff sentence typically handed down to repeat offenders in federal court, he got six months in jail — and a pat on the back from the prosecutor.

"To say this is just a few people, a few bad apples, I don't buy it," said David Harris, a professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and an expert on law enforcement tactics and regulation. "If your agency is in good shape with policy, training, supervision and accountability, the bad apples will not be able to take things to this level."

Damn, the feds are corrupt as hell....