Darren Wilson supporters to buy "#PantsUPdontLOOT" billboard near site of Ferguson shooting...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/darren-wilson-supporters-to-buy-pantsupdontloot-billboard-near-site-of-ferguson-shooting/
Darren Wilson supporters to buy #PantsUPdontLOOT billboard near site of Ferguson shooting

A Tennessee supporter of Officer Darren Wilson, the Missouri policeman who shot and killed unarmed teenager Michael Brown, has successfully crowdsourced enough funds to pay for at least one billboard near the race-torn town of Ferguson, reading #PantsUPdontLOOT.

Don Alexander of Brentwood, Tennessee, has raised over $3000 to place a billboard “in the Ferguson, MO area,” featuring the phrase intended to mock the Ferguson protester’s chant of “hands up, don’t shoot,” in reference to bystanders assertion that Wilson shot Brown while he had his hands up.

The community of Ferguson is currently awaiting a grand jury decision on whether Wilson will face charges in the killing of Brown.

The origin of the “pants up” phrase comes from a National Review article by Ryan Lovelace, decrying the violence in Ferguson that drew a militarized police response. The phrase also plays on stereotypes of young African-American men as “thugs” with drooping pants.

On his Indiegogo page, Alexander wrote, “This crowdfunding campaign is for the purchase of a billboard in the Ferguson, MO area. The billboard will display black text on a white background with the text “#PantsUPDontLoot”.”

According to Alexander, the cost to create and keep the billboard up for one month is in the $2,500 range, adding, “Whatever funds we receive will go directly to keeping the billboard campaign up as long as possible. If we come to an agreement with a company and can fund it for 3 months, 5 months, 7 months…, we will.”

Alexander claims that the selection of the billboard company is being kept secret, saying, “… we have to keep the exact billboard/company undisclosed because the companies we choose are being targeted with the intention of shutting us down and making it impossible for the project to move forward.”

According to Gawker, Alexander was assisted in raising the existing funds with the help of social media, and commenters on St. Louis Coptalk, a comment board for area police officers and their supporters.

The crowdfund page was initially launched on Oct. 28 with a goal of $3,000. The funding period is slated to close of Dec. 17.

672c431c7662f745c134682bba4bfcf8.jpg

Comments

• illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them white people are getting real disrespectful out there..
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be burned down if it goes up
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what does this billboard statement have to do with protests for justice?

i would love to hear the reasoning behind it.

a few loot an that makes us all bad but a few of them shoot and again they want ? to be isolated to just that person.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not bothered by this at all because ? like this should be expected from them. This nothing but par for the course for these people.

Truth be told as mad and frustrated as we are as black people in america we not ready for a race war with white people plain and simple.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pralims wrote: »
    what does this billboard statement have to do with protests for justice?

i would love to hear the reasoning behind it.

a few loot an that makes us all bad but a few of them shoot and again they want ? to be isolated to just that person.

No you wouldn't..ain't no reasoning behind it
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White people being extra, are y'all really shocked?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll game on 1 trillion
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why??

And where are all these gangstas ready to bang for their set/block/rag but let whites ? them and make a mockery of it.

@damobb2deep‌
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think these Darren Wilson "supporters" may be plants....

people put in place to sway opinions and keep the tensions high to fuel a specific agenda....

I know there are covert racists out here....but this just seems excessive....
  • 2stepz_ahead
    KingSimba wrote: »

people put in place to sway opinions and keep the tensions high to fuel a specific agenda....

it will be excessive if its allowed to be put up
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why??

And where are all these gangstas ready to bang for their set/block/rag but let whites ? them and make a mockery of it.

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingSimba wrote: »

Nah just cacs being cacs
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why??

Or the rappers that claim they "do it for the hood". I swear I'll never take a word Jayz, Dre or Nas say seriously. Them ? are MIA
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Why??

Or the rappers that claim they "do it for the hood". I swear I'll never take a word Jayz, Dre or Nas say seriously. Them ? are MIA

them ? will show up at a rally an sit silent to say them was there.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why??

republicans buy music/headphones too
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ILL wrote: »
    White people being extra, are y'all really shocked?

Especially when we got the T/S documenting the extra ? they do.

No ? given. White people love trolling black folks on some dumb ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    everytime i troll white folks im told to grow up

i do the ? like i breathe....its that easy
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just like anything else in life if you let them do it they will, we do all this ? posturing, we "gangsta" and all that but we aint even hitting them back. We turn around ? ourselves up for them. ? gotta learn how to be covert, fight fire with fire. We never stopped being slaves.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    Instead of getting mad at them get mad at the company/business that owns that space. Get mad at the system that allows ? like this to even happen.

They're so bold for one reason and one reason only...they're allowed to be. There are no consequences for when they ? or maim black people. If there were no consequences to you robbing a bank and taking every cent how rich would you be? Exactly. No different.

I have to catch myself these days because I've become so used to it that I have to remind myself this isnt black people's fault. So Im not BLAMING black people. Just saying our part collectively is to not allow it to happen without some sort of repercussion. Whatever it may be.

Damn good post !