Hannibal Buress Joins Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg In 'Daddy's Home'

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
hannibal_buress_stand_up.jpg

Hannibal Buress is joining the cast of Daddy’s Home, the Paramount-Red Granite comedy starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg.

Buress, a stand-up comedian, recently drew attention for his remarks about Bill Cosby's resurfaced ? allegations during a performance in October.

Sean Anders and John Morris are directing the film, which centers on a mild-mannered easy-listening radio executive (Ferrell) looking to become the best stepdad possible to his wife’s two children just as their freewheeling and freeloading real father (Wahlberg) arrives on the scene.

Buress will play a sarcastic handyman who, due to circumstances orchestrated by Wahlberg’s character, comes to believe that the stepdad is a racist.

Linda Cardellini is already board as Ferrell’s wife and the movie began shooting in New Orleans Monday.

Buress is a stand-up who has written for 30 Rock and SNL and recurs on Comedy Central’s Broad City. He also appeared with Seth Rogen and Zac Efron in Neighbors as the police officer frequently called to the scene.

But Buress found himself getting a whole new level of attention when, at a stand-up club in Philadelphia, he called Cosby a ? .

"Bill Cosby has the f—ing smuggest old black man public persona that I hate," Buress said in his set. "'Pull your pants up, black people. I was on TV in the '80s. I can talk down to you because I had a successful sitcom.' Yeah, but you ? women, Bill Cosby. So, brings you down a couple notches."

Video of the performance went viral and helped reignite interest in long dormant accusations.

Buress is repped by WME and 3 Arts Entertainment.

Comments