"Immaculate Conception" is one of the most ? things I've ever heard of

soul rattler
soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in The Social Lounge
Definitely top 10, along with Saddam ever getting his hands on nukes and Europeans discovering the Americas.

Seriously, even if you did believe the whole ? -baby thing, would it really take away from the story to just admit Joseph was the biological father, yet the conception was divinely inspired/sanctioned?

Change that ONE part and it becomes a lot more tolerable.

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's a total rip off from Heru. Yahweh fits the whole deity making a Hercules like child instead of physical strength but with magical powers.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Seriously, even if you did believe the whole ? -baby thing, would it really take away from the stoey to just admit Joseph was the biological father, yet the conception was divinely inspired/sanctioned?
    they probably would say it does, yes.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    It just sounds like a case of "Cheating wife gets pregnant and sticks to story."

LOL....and for people to actually believe this ? is the worst part
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    The story also says technically, Jesus smashed his own mother
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    It just sounds like a case of "Cheating wife gets pregnant and sticks to story."

Was about to say this same thing. What if the whole religion is based on a story Mary made up to cover up her infidelity?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was about to say this same thing. What if the whole religion is based on a story Mary made up to cover up her infidelity?
    Proof that these hoes be winning.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014

Proof that these hoes be winning.

Many say Jesus married a prostitute and had kids with her so yeah you can say that
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    The Bible didn't tell you Jesus was ? -incarnate (supernatural being) and not like any other man. Nor did it tell you Joseph wasn't Jesus' biological father.

Someone who learned from the state taught you that. It's Babylonian/Egyptian religion using biblical names. Osiris/Isis Isis/Horus = ? Mary/Jesus.

Nowhere does the Bible tell you this man was not born the same way any other Prophet was born.
  • kingblaze84
    Judah Back wrote: »
    The Bible didn't tell you Jesus was ? -incarnate (supernatural being) and not like any other man. Nor did it tell you Joseph wasn't Jesus' biological father.

Someone who learned from the state taught you that. It's Babylonian/Egyptian religion using biblical names. Osiris/Isis = ? Mary/Jesus.

Nowhere does the Bible tell you this man was not born the same way any other Prophet was born.

You sure about that bruh?
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    The Immaculate Conception story is creepy as hell.....Jesus the Old Testament ? IMPREGNATED his own mother smh....what a ? ?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone who learned from the state taught you that. It's Babylonian/Egyptian religion using biblical names. Osiris/Isis = ? Mary/Jesus.

Heru and Auset
  • Black Boy King
    I said Isis Osiris, I meant Isis and Horus
  • Black Boy King
    The Immaculate Conception story is creepy as hell.....Jesus the Old Testament ? IMPREGNATED his own mother smh....what a ? ?

You don't know anything about the Bible, you only know what people told you lmao
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014

You don't know anything about the Bible, you only know what people told you lmao

Not really lol, I know the Bible very well. I've read it for myself, several versions of it from elementary to college. The ? Mary getting miraculously pregnant by ? , which according to Christians IS Jesus tells me everything I need to know about the ? loving Bible ? .

If the Bible kept it real and just said Joseph was the biological father, or that maybe Mary cheated, then I wouldn't even be posting here.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can read a physics text book and still learn nothing

Because reading and reading comprehension are not exactly the same thing
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014
    zombie wrote: »

Oh please. The Bible itself says Joseph considered breaking up with Mary when he saw she was pregnant, as he allegedly didn't have sex with Mary yet. One of the Bible ? 's angels then came to Joseph and said itself that ? or the "Holy Spirit" got Mary pregnant. With the Trinity including the Holy Spirit/Bible ? and Jesus being the Bible ? , it technically means Jesus put his own sperm in Mary. It is what it is, I've noticed how weird and twisted this story was since I was 11.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely top 10, along with Saddam ever getting his hands on nukes and Europeans discovering the Americas.

Seriously, even if you did believe the whole ? -baby thing, would it really take away from the stoey to just admit Joseph was the biological father, yet the conception was divinely inspired/sanctioned?

Change that ONE part and it becomes a lot more tolerable.

The Catholic Church teaches Mary was conceived by normal biological means, but her soul was acted upon by ? (kept "immaculate") at the time of her conception.

I don't get the problem with this one. It is basically saying Mary received a huge blessing, ? kept her soul pure and away from worldly things.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think she was ? , got pregnant, then claimed it was ? that did it to avoid stoning.

Aside from that, partial free post with a relevant song, because telling someone a fundamental part of their belief is ? doesn't really get anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKgEZhfXZMw
  • zombie

Oh please. The Bible itself says Joseph considered breaking up with Mary when he saw she was pregnant, as he allegedly didn't have sex with Mary yet. One of the Bible ? 's angels then came to Joseph and said itself that ? or the "Holy Spirit" got Mary pregnant. With the Trinity including the Holy Spirit/Bible ? and Jesus being the Bible ? , it technically means Jesus put his own sperm in Mary. It is what it is, I've noticed how weird and twisted this story was since I was 11.

Ignorance. You can read all you want but clearly your understanding is very very very poor.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014

Ignorance. You can read all you want but clearly your understanding is very very very poor.

Did I make anything up.....? Listen, if Jesus getting Mary pregnant is cool to you, I don't care, but people should just be honest about things. The Bible in the passages of Luke and Matthew clearly say ? got Mary pregnant, and that Joseph did not have sex with Mary yet, as they weren't married at the time. If I'm making anything up, please let me know. I'll be more then happy to post up the passages of the disturbing story of the conception.
  • kingblaze84
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I think she was ? , got pregnant, then claimed it was ? that did it to avoid stoning.

Aside from that, partial free post with a relevant song, because telling someone a fundamental part of their belief is ? doesn't really get anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKgEZhfXZMw

Yeah she didn't want to get Joseph mad, so she came up with a brilliant and clever idea, say ? got her pregnant. She changed history.
  • lostsamuraisotaku2
    lostsamuraisotaku2 Members Posts: 78 ✭✭
  • zombie

Did I make anything up.....? Listen, if Jesus getting Mary pregnant is cool to you, I don't care, but people should just be honest about things. The Bible in the passages of Luke and Matthew clearly say ? got Mary pregnant, and that Joseph did not have sex with Mary yet, as they weren't married at the time. If I'm making anything up, please let me know. I'll be more then happy to post up the passages of the disturbing story of the conception.

Ignorance. Jesus Christ was her son, ? the father got her pregnant but he did not ? her and sperm had nothing to do with Jesus conception You ignorant twit.

To begin with in a sense ? is responsible for every birth so you might as well say he gets all women pregnant that included your mother and Mary .

the only real difference is that he did not use a man to put the body of the Christ on earth but in your case he did.

Under your foolish reasoning ? ? your mom grandmother and greatgrand and all other women
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2014

Ignorance. Jesus Christ was her son, ? the father got her pregnant but he did not ? her and sperm had nothing to do with Jesus conception You ignorant twit.

To begin with in a sense ? is responsible for every birth so you might as well say he gets all women pregnant that included your mother and Mary .

the only real difference is that he did not use a man to put the body of the Christ on earth but in your case he did.

Under your foolish reasoning ? ? your mom grandmother and greatgrand and all other women

LOL you admitted the Bible ? got Mary pregnant and to get pregnant you need sperm. If the sperm came from the Bible ? , it technically came from Jesus since Jesus is ? according to Christians. The Bible ? probably didn't drop his pants and smash literally but SOMEBODY smashed Mary the night she conceived him. I'm pretty sure artificial insemination wasn't invented back then, so if the Bible is correct, then Jesus either spiritually knocked the boots with Mary or found a way to ? and put the sperm inside her ? . Either way, it's a creepy story to the secular. Magic doesn't cause pregnancies.