A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    X-Men
    Smh, overrated ass Star Wars
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matrix
    I decided to go with The Matrix series. That ? was kinda revolutionary for its time and still holds up well today, it's also the only series where i felt like I needed to see all the flicks.

X-Men is a good one for me but it's mostly because ima fan of the characters already.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terminator
    Back To The Future

None of those series/sagas/trilogies/etc. that are listed are perfect in that they all have at least one ? film that stink up the rest of their series, and with the likes of Star Wars and Resident Evil I just think are absolute ? . The Back To The Future trilogy is by no means perfect but is far more consistent and enjoyable across the board.

Forgot all about back to the future, I am changing my vote to this.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terminator
    jono wrote: »
    I decided to go with The Matrix series. That ? was kinda revolutionary for its time and still holds up well today, it's also the only series where i felt like I needed to see all the flicks.

X-Men is a good one for me but it's mostly because ima fan of the characters already.

matrix was revolutionary for sure but so was terminator and alien

• A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Other
    no Transformers option? boooooooooooooooo

came in here just to give props to the dude Michael 4 movies in and should be in the GOAT discussion

michael-bay-explosion-transformers.jpg

pfff hate all you want i'm out

michael-bay-explosion.jpg

Transformers.gif
  • jono
    Options
    Matrix
    CracceR wrote: »
    jono wrote: »

matrix was revolutionary for sure but so was terminator and alien

Yes but I think Matrix holds up better...even though it's the "youngest" of the three. I think T-2 is a classic. I love those Terminator flicks
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disappointing as xmen films have been for ? fans the films aged pretty well. Watched a marathon the other day and didn't lose interest.

T2 definitely a classic but I have found it difficult to suspend my disbelief when the cgi /makeup/costumes are so blatantly fake at times. Makes it harder to watch when u notice that ? . Script and acting top notch tho.
  • jono
    Options
    Matrix
    It was made early, the concepts were so futuristic. If it were made today it would look much smoother that's for sure.

The first two Terminators had that in common, they were ahead of their time in the CGI/animation department and that's just one of the drawbacks from it. I don't hold anything against them.

I never thought the X Men films were bad either, I just think people's expectations were really high because of the brand, they weren't perfect but if you watch them for what they are they aren't bad movies at all.