Game Presented With "Humanitarian Of The Year" Award

Options
Built 4 cuban linx
Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
Game receives recognition for his charitable work through his own organization, The Robin Hood Project.

Game was presented with the Humanitarian Of The Year award from the Associates for Breast and Prostate Cancer Studios (ABCs) Saturday (November 22), during the 25th Annual Talk Of The Town Black Tie Gala.

The Compton, California emcee was presented with the award in recognition of his humanitarian efforts through his own charitable organization, The Robin Hood Project.

After receiving the award, Game took to Instagram to show his appreciation for the honor.

“It all started when I gave one kid from Africa $20,” Game said. “That created @therobinhoodproject & since then I've given away over a million dollars of my own money hand to hand & through charitable organizations. I am honored & more than appreciative of #ABC for this ‘Humanitarian Of The Year’ award. I was just a poor kid from Compton.... Never thought in a million years I'd have even an extra dollar to giveaway let alone a million. #Humbled”

Earlier this year, Game spoke about his philanthropic efforts and why he decided to start his own organization.

"The Robin Hood Project is a charity set up by me to give back to the people," Game said at the time. "See I figured once you have everything, as a celebrity, once you have money, once you have cars, once you have family, once you have fans, once you’ve been around the world, what else is there to do besides start giving back?

"So I created The Robin Hood Project solely for positivity, giving back and helping people in need, people that are struggling, people that come into hardships in their life," Game continued. "That's all me."

http://hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.31543/title.game-presented-with-humanitarian-of-the-year-award

I know you guys dont like Game on here but since usually talk about all the negative things alot of these rappers do, I guess a thread on the positive wouldnt hurt.

Comments

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice to see this
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I guess that's cool. He still a ? . Its the unit.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good stuff but don't be fooled. A lot of these guys are in a different tax bracket. They donate money to charities to avoid paying taxes (which is perfectly legal). The way it works is if you owe, say, a million dollars in taxes you can either pay a million dollars to the IRS or donate a million dollars to a 501c3 not-for-profit organization and not owe the IRS anything.

That's why you always see celebrities donating to charity. Not because they're true humanitarians, rather, they would rather donate the money to charity instead of paying taxes.

But at least Game had the sense to create a not-for-profit instead of simply not paying taxes like some rappers who ended up in federal prison.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ? Game

"once you have cars, once you have family, once you have fans, once you’ve been around the world, what else is there to do besides start giving back?"

This is the way I feel, these billionaires make me sick, It should be against the law to make more than 1 billion how you gonna spend all of that? I am already a Game fan but my respect for him has just risen.