C.M. Punk Finally Opens Up on The Art Of Wrestling(Colt Cabana's Podcast)

1235»

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we reported recently, CM Punk's appearance on Colt Cabana's "Art of Wrestling" podcast had a lot of people within WWE upset, particularly executives such as Triple H and Vince McMahon. It's said that while most everyone kept quiet about it in public, outside of guys like Ryback and Brian "BG" James, that most, if not all WWE talents loved a lot of the stuff that Punk had to say about WWE.

On the flip-side of the coin, however, a lot of people in the company were said to be unhappy with Punk complaining about the way he was booked, due to their feeling that he was booked better than almost everyone outside of a very select few talents over the past several years.

The feeling among some is that while Punk complained about having to put over part-time guys like The Rock, Undertaker and Brock Lesnar, they would have loved to of been in that position.

One particular WWE Superstar, who is said to be a top guy, felt that much of the Punk interview came off as "sour grapes."

Others in the company apparently felt that Punk came off bad complaining about being booked to work against Triple H at WrestleMania ? , with their feeling being that it would be positioned as one of the very top matches on the show, with plenty of television time to promote it during the build-up to the show.

While some agreed with the "two sides to every story" cliche', there was also said to be a general consensus that what Punk said about his experiences in WWE is the same way many others would describe theirs as well, outside of the fact that Punk made more money than most, but that they admired the guts it took to say all that he did in a public forum.

Regardless of whether or not talents agreed with all that Punk had to say during the already infamous interview, almost everyone was said to be aware of the fact that agreeing with him publicly would be nothing short of career suicide unless it was done by one of the very few "untouchable guys."

Cute UFC's "Ultimate Fighter 20" Contender Angela Magana Posts VERY EXPLICIT, ADULT Photos! [VIEW >>]
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had forgotten about this between Punk and Hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hcKjU2Y3YI

And after this promo hhh buried punk.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator

I never seen this ? , just ? me off more that Punk isn't coming back, there's no one even holding a candle to Punk right now besides...Triple H no matter how you feel about him

Are you kidding me John? I swore ? was saying "skinny fat" for a good 3 weeks, and I dont even watch RAW like that.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    My bad that wasn't the skinny fat one. I rescind my previous comments.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn I missed this thread...every since Punk quit I have pretty much stopped watching wrestling....well that and the fact that Bryan Danielson has been injured for a over a year now with no return in site..smh...they need to hurry up and move KENTA up to the main roster so I will have a reason 2 watch.
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never seen this ? , just ? me off more that Punk isn't coming back, there's no one even holding a candle to Punk right now besides...Triple H no matter how you feel about him

"And right now this isn't CM Punk talkin to Triple H, this is Phil Brooks talkin to Paul Lesveque".... Hot damn... It ain't much but that's exactly why after all this time Vince still wants Punk back...

Sidebar
    I see shades of Punk in AJ.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

"And right now this isn't CM Punk talkin to Triple H, this is Phil Brooks talkin to Paul Lesveque".... Hot damn... It ain't much but that's exactly why after all this time Vince still wants Punk back...

Sidebar

Punk could have been the "Reality Era" top guy...much like Austin was for the AE . Just like Austin in his respective primes made wrestling "cool" and relevant...Punk did that....and just like back then WWE actually has a roster to compliment Punk....coulda been a new good era in wrestling....but WWE got in thier own way
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sidebar

Punk could have been the "Reality Era" top guy...much like Austin was for the AE . Just like Austin in his respective primes made wrestling "cool" and relevant...Punk did that....and just like back then WWE actually has a roster to compliment Punk....coulda been a new good era in wrestling....but WWE got in thier own way

As usual.
    The Wyatt's and even the shield split too early

They burried D Bry for the longest and then he ? around and is out for the rest of the "season"

Constantly drop the ball on black performers.

• DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Cena/Brock was better than Punk/Brock by far. First and second (for shock value).

Also, I'll say it again, Punk was given more than he deserved, given a 400+ day title reign. For him to complain is laughable.

That first Cena/Brock match was just Lesnar doing german suplexes the whole damn match, ? with this

That's the second one. With shock value. And it was better than Punk/Brock.

How so fam? im interested in ur analysis.

1st one was Cena vs. Brock, Brock came back and absolutely dominated Cena with strength and aggression like no one had before (but still enough back and forth for it to be a match). And it fit his gimmick perfectly. He was athletic, fast, strong, etc. and his semi-shoot style made for an amazing match. Him losing made it worse, but it did still tell a story. Albeit a story no one wanted to read.

2nd one was Brock, fresh off of the Streak dominating Cena for shock value. Unlike the other match, it wasn't so much shoot, and it Cena didn't get as much offense in. When he did....Brock sat up like Taker and laughed. The shock of him just suplexing Cena over and over again and dominating him like a jobber was a great match to see.

Punk vs. Brock was good but dumb. I couldn't get into it because Punk looks like Brock can break him in half at any second. And they expected me to believe Brock was going to lose unless Heyman interfered. Even if I ignore all that it's 4 stars at best.

1st Cena one is 4.5, second is like a special 5 (just watching it was something super special), but really just a 4.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

funny how hhh just sat and tried to act like cm punk was never over, guess he forgot the chants of his name in 06-07 and him being the most over heel as the SES leader, tragic, hhh has done well in some aspects recently but ? that overrated ass "the match is only good cuz of who he's in the ring with" ass ? .
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched every promo that lead up to that one, I didn't even know Nash was a regular player in 2011, but it's amazing how amateurish Punk made him look, it comes across like he doesn'ttake the business serious and was just there because he can be, either that or the drugs and alcohol caught up to him
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hated hhh for not putting punk over 3 years ago theres no reason why he should have won that match.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    its whats Best Worst for business
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Never forget thanksgiving 2014
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol if you listen to it now he was more right than wrong.