How Is Dej Loaf Famous? (Might Be The Worst Performance I've Ever Seen)

Comments

• Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was dude in the back backup rapping? The ? ? Is that a thing now?
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0wn wrote: »
    Half these new ? have no star quality, they just reg hood ? /? with no media training, no stage presence, nuffn...just way too raw for the industry...Wiz, Drake, Rocky and Big Sean were the last set of new rappers that had a lil star power about them, everybody else either too much of an average Joe (Krit, Kendrivk and Cole) to be a star, or plain ol just too hood (Keef, Bobby, French, Meek)...word.
    Wtf??????

Kendrick n Cole is doing better than Sean, Rocky N Wiz at this point...
    Kendrick is right up there with Drake...

Doesnt mean ? , still not stars....my sister isnt an avid rap fan but she knows who Sean, Rocky and Wiz are....if she saw Kendrick on the corner holding an empty dunkin donuts cup in his hand she'd prolly drop some change in it thinkin he was just a regular homeless ? lol..totally oblivious to who the ? he is, same as with Kritt..I think she might know Cole, maybe.

Successful rappers (K Dot and Cole), sure, superstars...? no.

Dude superstar and Successful is one n the same...
    Thats that ghetto mentality, Where u have to have $800,000 solid gold sneakers , 10 chains n a fur coat in july To b a star.
    he eclipsed all the other ? u named, outside of Drake...
    Kendrick is all over t.v, n the radio.
    What more those he need?
    my bad .hes not on a street corner, holding a bag of donuts, While being identified by ya sister ...............

The jewelry and gold sneakers etc doesn't make u a star, if that were the case French and Meek ol wouldve starts but they aren't...TI and Luda were dudes that kept it pretty simple, Nuffn too flashy or crazy, but I'm their primes they had that star power about them.

At the end of the day it's either u have it or u don't, Kendrick and Cole just don't have it no matter how successful their music is...Adele sold 10x the amount as Rihanna, ur gonna look me in the face and say bcuz of that she's more of a superstar?....case closed.

And btw, I, like much of us in the thread can walk right pass Adele in the cereal aisle at our local supermarket without even giving her a second look, I have no idea how she looks offhand...word.
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On mobile so ? them typos...word.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't like try me, that college ? though? Garbage, dej loaf with the worst name ever is a one hit wonder in the making
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was dude in the back backup rapping? The ? ? Is that a thing now?

Yo, I was saying the same ? ........ ? hypeman spit the whole song ....... if dude didn't have on all black, he would have stole that whole performance ....... he was turnt up back there! lol
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shenco raps better than this chick.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That track slaps. ? what you ? talking bout.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T/S I feel the same bro. 2014 has had some great music, but unfortunately the bad outweighed the good to me.

Its got to the point where I'm literally confused and lost about hip hop. This year alone, I been listening to more jazz, ambient, trip hop, indie pop, chill wave, etc. Because I just don't like where the level bar of acceptance in the game is going. This whole "vine era" where things gets popular over trends will create ALOT of one hit one wonders and ? that floods the airwaves.

As a producer, I don't even wanna be apart of this ? anymore. I rather go the indie hip hop TDE/ art world route where people still respect true art.
  • silverfoxx
    I understand yall don't like the performance. Understandably she's new and she's gonna get better hopefully. But why yall wait for something like this to happen suggest shes wack? Where was the strong dislike b4 when me n BCotton first posted this? Its almost like yall wait for someone to do something subpar just to say their wack after only because you have something to run wit, blow out of proportion, or use the moment to exaggerate how you perceive them as a whole artist.

That being said I could be just playing capt save a ? , who knows, but I been ? with the "Try Me" joint and maybe two other joints, and it doesn't bother me that a new artist has a weak tv performance one bit. Now if she was doing this for like 5 years on this level, I can see the issue.

Nope when Bcotton first posted that video I thought it was a joke. ? sounds like MySpace song from 2007
  • silverfoxx
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Try me beat is the best beat of 2014 easily. Producers make rappers what they are nowadays

Explain how sir? ? is super generic.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The concept of her rise to stardom blows my mind b. She literally says she'll turn your face into macaroni. Chicago bebe kids got better bars
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? sound like some ? ?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gave dis song a chance after hearing da hype nd felt it was trash, shes not dat attractive nd her bars were mediocre as hell, iont get da hype but good luck to her on da indie grind
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought she some local wack artist from Chicago that they play at night while everyone's asleep.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ? is wack. Only remedial ? like this. Stupid ass ? . Just cause you stupid don't mean everybody else gotta be stupid.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the beat is generic post beats you like so I can dissect them
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Try me beat is the best beat of 2014 easily. Producers make rappers what they are nowadays

i wont quite agree with either statement, but try me is a dope melodic beat imo. not a bunch of useless layers, but still not super simplistic or generic like a damn snap beat.

when it comes to that performance, she could have done better herself but i always say there are some hip hop beats/songs that should never be done by a band, this was one of em.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try me beat is the best beat of 2014 easily.

gucci-mane.jpg

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Half these new ? have no star quality, they just reg hood ? /? with no media training, no stage presence, nuffn...just way too raw for the industry...Wiz, Drake, Rocky and Big Sean were the last set of new rappers that had a lil star power about them, everybody else either too much of an average Joe (Krit, Kendrivk and Cole) to be a star, or plain ol just too hood (Keef, Bobby, French, Meek)...word.
    Wtf??????

Kendrick n Cole is doing better than Sean, Rocky N Wiz at this point...
    Kendrick is right up there with Drake...

Doesnt mean ? , still not stars....my sister isnt an avid rap fan but she knows who Sean, Rocky and Wiz are....if she saw Kendrick on the corner holding an empty dunkin donuts cup in his hand she'd prolly drop some change in it thinkin he was just a regular homeless ? lol..totally oblivious to who the ? he is, same as with Kritt..I think she might know Cole, maybe.

Successful rappers (K Dot and Cole), sure, superstars...? no.

thats prob cause you sister keeps her ears to the radio and mainstream ish like most females do ... no disrespect ... but just cause your all over mainstream dont mean your doing it .. chances are its cause you are being pimped for most of these single making mofos out here ... folks be trying to say drake got a messed up situation and he moves units as well as tickets ... if he aint really getting what he should imagin what these other dudes is getting ... clothing and cars dont mean ish ... cloths wear out or go out of style and cars lose value as soon as it leaves the lot and breaks down and needs up keep lol ...
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbkg79 wrote: »
    I asked pretty much the same question in another thread, and I was given feelings for asking. Smh! I seriously wanted to know what's appealing about shorty but no one gave an answer.

shes also cute and willing to twerk in public ... that will always generate an audience for a female ... they are born stars they just gotta try thier best not to mess it up ....
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bcotton5‌ says the ? that worships men. Hmmmm interesting. Carry on.