Sociologist: White Supremacy So Deeply American That We Don’t Even See It

Options

Comments

• white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the result of the powers that be hiding any significant achievements made by Black people. The white washing of history has infiltrated every aspect of America from Education to religion to entertainment.It is inescapable, unless you seek out the truth unfortunately not too many people are willing or even aware that what schools and society has taught them is wrong.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    for White supremacy to be destroyed black people have to make ourselves better than white people in all things
    That's the thing. They FEAR the day we realize this. They want it installed in our heads that will always be inferior to them. This ? is all by design

Bingo
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Its so deep there is no reason not to see it in every ? facet of life white supremacy legacy has reared its ugly head

medical field
    Entertainment
    Sports
    Relgion
    Politics
    Education
    Banking
    Housing
    Leisure

For hundreds of years.. FOOOOOOOOUR HUNDRED Years

50 years ago was a long time..

400 years plus
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? me with the played out "us vs. them" mentality.

Why don't ? start to do for themselves like everyone else? Police your own people and start your own industries and you won't have to worry about "white supremacy".

Btw, "white supremacy" is black inferiority.
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saying that "you don't see color" is racist in itself because the very absence of color is white.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Part of the privilege is not having to acknowledge it even when you are fully aware of it. There's far too much information being dispersed (whether people want to see it or not) to use ignorance as an excuse.
    /thread

Its crazy how a white guy gets it. But alotta black ppl REFUSE to get it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    Saying that "you don't see color" is racist in itself because the very absence of color is white.

Saying you dont see color is not "racist"

but it is willfuly ignorant, stupid and deplorable and a cop out
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options

White and Black are not colors. Black could just as easily be the alternative to color.

Regardless it makes more sense for transparency to be the absence of color. White and Black are on the electromagnetic spectrum, making them visible and akin to color.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    for White supremacy to be destroyed black people have to make ourselves better than white people in all things

I dont agree.

I believe for it to be destroyed their precious government needs to be. #Followthemoney
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a story about this. Im a bio major and my homeboy a Jamaican is one as well. ? is smart as hell. He has a 3.8 gpa and 3.4 science gpa. Anyway he wants to go medical school to specialize in radiology.

Anyway he spoke to the dean saying what classes he needs to take get there. The dean said something in the lines of well you know there is not blacks in medical school and these medical schools might not pick you for your skin color. And his name cuz it sounded a bit ghetto. He was wtf? like Russel Westbrook. And said he will try anyway and dont give a good ? damn how long it takes.

So they do know about the white supremacist socity we live in. White folks know it but those who do know fail to do anything to break it cuz they benefit from it.

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    No ? . Why you think you (used to have) so many American immigrants and those catering to Americans with American names.

"Thank you for calling Paypal, an Ebay company. My name is John, how may I help you?" (Indian voice)

If it's part of the lens through which you view life, you will never see it. From the outside looking in it's obvious.

Most immigrants don't do that any more though. They built a little power, gives lesser ? , and most I know are switching back to their native names and stopped naming their kids American names to fit in. To them, that whole conforming ? is the same way we see "cooning". I need to ask somebody if they have a word for that.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    No ? . Why you think you (used to have) so many American immigrants with American names.

"Thank you for calling Paypal, an Ebay company. My name is John, how may I help you?" (Indian voice)

Most immigrants don't do that any more though. Most I know are switching back to their native names. To them, that whole conforming ? is like cooning.

*Anglicized his name post*
  • LUClEN
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    I have a story about this. Im a bio major and my homeboy a Jamaican is one as well. ? is smart as hell. He has a 3.8 gpa and 3.4 science gpa. Anyway he wants to go medical school to specialize in radiology.

Anyway he spoke to the dean saying what classes he needs to take get there. The dean said something in the lines of well you know there is not blacks in medical school and these medical schools might not pick you for your skin color. And his name cuz it sounded a bit ghetto. He was wtf? like Russel Westbrook. And said he will try anyway and dont give a good ? damn how long it takes.

So they do know about the white supremacist socity we live in. White folks know it but those who do know fail to do anything to break it cuz they benefit from it.

I thought being black improves the odds of entrance?

Those guys on stormfront lied to me
  • Aquafina..floe
    Aquafina..floe Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »

Babies show a preference for their own race by about 3 months old, according to the book Everyday Bias, and another study showed white NBA referees call more fouls on black players while black refs call more fouls on white players.

I read some studies about this in graduate school, their are many recent studies that currently show a younger preference than 3 months, now. However, yes white supremacy is deeply ingrained in American society. The great majority of black peoples sexual attraction and sexual preferences to non-blacks is rooted in white supremacy. ... and they don't even know it. Yet, you just thought Kim Kardashan, Coco... and some random Latina looked good, come again.

The reality is.... everyone has a preference for their own, where by nature they work, develop, and create for the interest of their people. However, black people due to slavery view this as abnormal. When in reality racism could possibly be a natural element. Black people are so consumed with white people and their racism towards them, that they fail to note that Hispanics, Asians, Arabs ect are just as racist to blacks than whites are. As long as blacks continue to seek validation they will continue to suffer psychologically. White people have shown you who they are since you been on these shores.... and now you expect them to change?

Since the Obama presidency black people have become blind... blind due to the fact other races will now have sex with you... blind because theirs a biracial man in the white house... blind because some black kid from the hood is now living it up... Like Cornell West said ferguson represents the end of the post racial/ color blind society Obama represented, and what many blacks fell into. Especially the younger generation.

Arabs and Hispanics can be black bruh.

Yeah to Latinos because they're an ethnicity they can be black or white, never really viewed Arabs/Persians as any more than a part of the Caucasian team. And them jokers are racist as a muthafucka. Look at them at work in Africa and other locations when it comes to blacks.
  • Focal Point
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    This is the result of the powers that be hiding any significant achievements made by Black people. The white washing of history has infiltrated every aspect of America from Education to religion to entertainment.It is inescapable, unless you seek out the truth unfortunately not too many people are willing or even aware that what schools and society has taught them is wrong.

this man speaks truth, just go to IllPix and peep the knowledge he stays dropping in that thread
  • Focal Point
    Options
    Real spit on this site we actually can foster the changes needed... Zion has hit us with the information to financially build. I say we all team up and pull a little bit of our money together than start doing something with it seriously. We can invest in worthy black companies, products, and push ideas.
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Saying you dont see color is not "racist"

but it is willfuly ignorant, stupid and deplorable and a cop out

If you don't see color, and the absence of color is white, you're implying you see everyone as white by default.

And to deny someone by nit recognising their ethnicity is apart of white supremacy.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    co sign.

I've been using this as a basis on why Affirmative Action shouldn't removed since I've been in High School.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? like this is a distraction and it leads to us, particularly our intellectual youth chasing their tails instead of working on whats real.

We gotta keep tge reality if LIFE in perspective. Not the ideal the REALITY of dat ?

The reality is this we live in a nation chock full of broke struggling white people, period. Top that off wit ppls pockets , benefits, jobs, etc gradually thinninG

I say that to say, lets say we accomplish pulling white folks hands from over their eyes and pull thier fingers from their ears and manage to "educate" them on what they already knew..........OKAY NOW WHAT

Folks is already ? up , are u expecting them to push or allow resources (that have increasing scarcity, might i add) to be reallocated hence leaving less for them, for your black benefit? U think once "educated" they would be willing to allow jobs, money, energy, etc that would go to them, their kids, their families, peers and neighbors to get rerouted to your black ass???

What in the history of white people would make you think they would be down for that? What has happened within the last 500 years that has you thinkin that you can "educate" white people to sacrafice their positioning for you and yours? I really need to hear this line of thinkin justified.

*Farrakhan voice*

" HOW SICK....CAN YOU BE?/b]
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    I don't buy the "they don't realize it" rhetoric.
    It's a cop out.

willful ignorance.. its 2014 were living in a time where boundless information is available at a moments notice. I pull out my phone and Google random ? I don't know how many times a day.. if your "ignorant" to ? like this in this day and age.. its by choice bruh..

Willful ignorance implies it is deliberate. I doubt White people get to google and think "I could look at some police brutality statistics, but I think I'll just look for some cat memes instead"

I actually think that's exactly what they do lol. They know something's not quite right, but instead of doing the research they decide not to because if they actually become informed and really look into it and see the statistics they'll be forced to acknowledge how ? up it is. And if they know by the numbers exactly how ? up it is then they won't be able to reasonably deny it anymore (at least genuinely) so they just kind of go out of the not to know it.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't play tha hood much but when I did this is so true hood ? thought process is 1 dimensional ? worry bout the latest fashion,thots,cars getin high n goin 2 war wit tha ones they think is tha enemy
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    I don't buy the "they don't realize it" rhetoric.
    It's a cop out.

willful ignorance.. its 2014 were living in a time where boundless information is available at a moments notice. I pull out my phone and Google random ? I don't know how many times a day.. if your "ignorant" to ? like this in this day and age.. its by choice bruh..

Willful ignorance implies it is deliberate. I doubt White people get to google and think "I could look at some police brutality statistics, but I think I'll just look for some cat memes instead"

I actually think that's exactly what they do lol. They know something's not quite right, but instead of doing the research they decide not to because if they actually become informed and really look into it and see the statistics they'll be forced to acknowledge how ? up it is. And if they know by the numbers exactly how ? up it is then they won't be able to reasonably deny it anymore (at least genuinely) so they just kind of go out of the not to know it.

The bold is exactly what Tim Wise said in one of his lectures. But I've gotten to the point where I'm done trying to convince others to pull their heads out of the sand. Those of us that are aware need to come together.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Actually white represents every color on the visible spectrum combined and it's black that represents the absence of color. Evidenced by the fact that white ppl can turn red/blue/purple etc

So if anything white people should be referred to as "colored". Funny how that worked out
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

Actually white represents every color on the visible spectrum combined and it's black that represents the absence of color. Evidenced by the fact that white ppl can turn red/blue/purple etc

So if anything white people should be referred to as "colored". Funny how that worked out

They made the color white good the dark color bad… I.e. White angel good black angel bad etc…