Woman Sends FB Messaged To The Mothers of Boys Who Threaten To ? Her

blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
I just saw this story on the twitter page of Arthur Chu in the Mike Brown thread. This ? is hilarious.
Receiving online ? threats is commonplace for a lot of women, and those who send the threats often go unpunished.
Alanah Pearce, a game reviewer from Brisbane, Australia, decided to approach the problem in her own way: by contacting the mothers of the young men who send her the threats and telling them exactly how their son was spending his time online.
Here is how the conversation with the mother went:

“Hi Anna, I don’t know you, but I was wondering if [blanked-out] is your son?”
“Yes he is. Why?”
“I have never met him before, but he sent me a concerning message to my public Facebook page today that I was wondering if you might be interested in discussing with him.”
*screengrab*
“? , little ? . I’M SO SORRY. YES I WILL TALK TO HIM!”

https://twitter.com/Charalanahzard/status/538144080534847489/photo/1

Comments

• babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facebook Justice. Yeah that will teach them a lesson. Stupid.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn she got 4 facebook ? threats a week wtf she up to
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? is not funny.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Cinco wrote: »

This is her.

enhanced-22698-1417175674-9.png

I'm not gonna rush to judgment though.

Just wanna point out that she only posted comments that the boys said to her......but didn't post any conversations that she may have had with the kids.

Based on the post of the kid whose mother replied: "I'll ? u if I ever see u ? " I get the sense that she might've said something to upset him or that they might've been arguing about something.

Yet, for some reason, we're not seeing that part of the conversation.

It doesn't seem like an actual "? " threat meant to be taken literally.

Seemed more like it was just the kid's way of saying "? you."
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She might have deserved those threats
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In b4 someone posts "smash"
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    She might be a horrible person
  • deadeye
    AggyAF wrote: »
    @deadeye‌ bruh threatening ? is not a normal or acceptable alternative to "? you" thats that crazy white boy ?

@AggyAF‌

How is it any different than when @Cain‌ or other posters say "KYS" or some other similar phrase that implies harming someone?

Basically, just because he said it doesn't mean that he actually meant it.

In other words, I don't think the kid was actually threatening to ? her....even though that is what he said when taken literally.

Bottom line, I don't think that lady was in any real danger of being ? by that kid.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadeye wrote: »
    @deadeye‌ bruh threatening ? is not a normal or acceptable alternative to "? you" thats that crazy white boy ?

@AggyAF‌

How is it any different than when @Cain‌ or other posters say "KYS" or some other similar phrase that implies harming someone?

In other words, I don't think the kid was actually threatening to ? her....even though that is what he said when taken literally.

Bottom line, I don't think that lady was in any real danger of being ? by that kid.

people don't talk like that IRL; do i think she was actually in danger? no, but that comment is inappropriate and says alot about the person
  • deadeye

@AggyAF‌

people don't talk like that IRL; do i think she was actually in danger? no, but that comment is inappropriate and says alot about the person

People make inappropriate comments on twitter all the time.

Doesn't mean they're always to be taken seriously.

"Let's not take a ? threat out of context guys" -deadeye

All I'm saying is that I don't think it was a legitimate ? threat.

Just like if I were to tell @Beezus‌ that I'm going to fly to Kansas and split her ? wide open.

Doesn't mean that I'm literally going to fly out to Kansas to ? her backside.

Smarten up people.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AggyAF‌

Just like if I were to tell @Beezus‌ that I'm going to fly to Kansas and split her ? wide open.

Smarten up people.

twitter =/= IRL
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet she started the ? conversation.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinco wrote: »

This is her.

enhanced-22698-1417175674-9.png

I'm not gonna rush to judgment though.

Just wanna point out that she only posted comments that the boys said to her......but didn't post any conversations that she may have had with the kids.

Based on the post of the kid whose mother replied: "I'll ? u if I ever see u ? " I get the sense that she might've said something to upset him or that they might've been arguing about something.

Yet, for some reason, we're not seeing that part of the conversation.

It doesn't seem like an actual "? " threat meant to be taken literally.

Seemed more like it was just the kid's way of saying "? you."

Well his way of saying ? you is wrong.

By that logic we may as well forgive white supremacist rhetoric because "its just their way of saying ? you"

We have an official way to say ? you. These alternatives are unnecessary.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If them boys aint mean those ? threats then why say it? You are not exempt just because it's said over the internet. You gotta be held accountable for your words

Same cats saying it's just meaningless internet threats that aren't to be taken seriously were all up in the "Racists Getting Fired" thread rejoicing
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She a game reviewer? She probably said sutten in her reviews these ? didn't like. These game nerds take that ? to heart
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Jao wrote: »
    "smash" (only because I like ? with colored hair)

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn he said he was gonna Bill Cosby her
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »
    Damn he said he was gonna Bill Cosby her

Bill Cosby a Thot breaker
    Not a Thot ?
    -Almighty Chief Sosa-
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lil spoiled ? that probably never got his ass whooped.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea he was out of line. But do we think that this kid was gonna find this girl in Australia and be able to be alone with her to ? her.

These kids on these games and online period say foul ? to one another.

I can't even play Madden or 2K without people saying wild ? .
    With that being said I don't have a prollem with her actions. I do wonder what she did/said that set him off.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Yea he was out of line. But do we think that this kid was gonna find this girl in Australia and be able to be alone with her to ? her.

These kids on these games and online period say foul ? to one another.

I can't even play Madden or 2K without people saying wild ? .
    With that being said I don't have a prollem with her actions. I do wonder what she did/said that set him off.

She told him she has a ? fantasy

#srs
  • deadeye

@AggyAF‌

Smarten up people.

twitter =/= IRL

@AggyAF‌

You do realize that you're actually proving my point, right?