Who is the third best player in the NBA?

Options
Billy_Poncho
Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
Me and the fam were arguing this ? yesterday, just wanted to know the IC's take on it

Who is the third best player in the NBA? 43 votes

Anthony Davis
48%
S2JRobCoLifehueydallas' 4 evaPanchoYoSanchoDOPEdweebzlamontbdcD.D.S.BDBIIDShizlanskyCrude_KairoRiGGAA$AP_A$TONsilverfoxxCo_Town_MichaelParallelDR. JEKKingFreemanNegro_Caesar 21 votes
Stephen Curry
20%
Swiffness!Chi-Town BullyBilly_PonchoBetaCashmoneyDuxTrillfatePeezy_JenkinsDave2one6EmM HoLLa. 9 votes
Russell Westbrook
16%
toheeb27TRILLip BrooksBuilt 4 cuban linxOlorun22saracenwireKneeGro_DuperManMD_PROPER 7 votes
Other (Name the player)
13%
buttuh_bthe ghostnewOldSchoolFlyFreeCtNothingButTheTruthAngeles1son85 6 votes

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    AD gets the edge over Steph b/c its more sustainable. Best PG change damn near every year. And being a guard, Steph is always 1 bad shooting game away from comin down to earth a lil bit

AD on the other hand, he's gonna be abe to roll outta bed and get 20, 10, and 4blocks for the next ten years. Thats mandatory...minimum.

But with the work he seems to be puttin in along with his ability at that size (remember he was a 6ft guard until his jumior/senior year in HS) he's legit gon have a 25, 15, and 5 year(s). He's insane.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Step is third on my list for favorite player i tell you that much
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    Anthony Davis low key gonna be the best player in the league in about two more seasons.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell Westbrook
    My ? back. Hopefully he stays healthy
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (Name the player)
    First off, it's way to soon to rank newer players, when there's 65+games left in the season. Most player's stats will noticeably change over the season, and these new guys aren't proven products.

Second, Lol @ Anthony Davis being one of the best when he has had plenty of help and hasn't done ? with it. Y'all did the same thing with Love and now look at his stats (which will get worse as the season continues), now that he's on a contender.

... Between Curry and Anthony Davis, Curry's led his team to a 12-2 record so far. Davis's equally talented team, if not more talented team is 7-6. They both have suspect coaching. Stop living in the moment and present a real argument.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    Ez
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    Anthony Davis is gonna dominate this weak big man era for years to come.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    First off, it's way to soon to rank newer players, when there's 65+games left in the season. Most player's stats will noticeably change over the season, and these new guys aren't proven products.

Second, Lol @ Anthony Davis being one of the best when he has had plenty of help and hasn't done ? with it. Y'all did the same thing with Love and now look at his stats (which will get worse as the season continues), now that he's on a contender.

... Between Curry and Anthony Davis, Curry's led his team to a 12-2 record so far. Davis's equally talented team, if not more talented team is 7-6. They both have suspect coaching. Stop living in the moment and present a real argument.

Davis > Curry > Klay Lee, Green, AI > Everybody else on N.O.

You're ? stupid
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Stephen Curry
    I gotta see Davis do it in the playoffs. It's one thing to drop 30-15-4 in meaningless games against bad teams, it's an entirely different deal to get your numbers against strong teams that are playing with urgency.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen Curry
    Gotta put curry for now..was gonna put AD but I need to see him in the playoffs first. Curry also has his team bout to be the #1 team in the west
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said no excuses this year Davis needs to impose his will and get NO over the ? into the playoffs, he's got help on the front line and a talented enough squad to do it, it's still early but I expected more early on from NO, I think stats don't show how valuable Marc Gasol is and he deserves a mention, Harden been impressive on De for the most part he deserves a mention, LA deserves a mention, people love to talk about how great Tony Parker is "during the playoffs" but never mention him when he's not flooding the stat sheet during the regular season, it's not a clear cut winner
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    Gotta go with AD. No weakness in his game. Hopefully he can the Pelicans to the playoffs
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen Curry
    surprised no mention of cp3, i might have said him a year or 2 ago
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen Curry
    I just heard a podcast where they said westbrook. but if i had a choice, i would pick curry on my team. he butter. pun intended.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell Westbrook
    This year right now,

Anthony Davis is 1st
    Bron is 2nd
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russell Westbrook
    Lol curry isn't a better player then rw. . ? like to disrespect rw with 'oh he's a better pg' argument. Rw has way better otb defense
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    Rus > every PG
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis

We need to change your name from nothing but the truth to nothing but some ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen Curry
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Lol curry isn't a better player then rw. . ? like to disrespect rw with 'oh he's a better pg' argument. Rw has way better otb defense

he has a defensive edge and thats it, curry much better shooter, much smarter offensively at times and better and slightly more willing playmaker. rebounding a wash.

but dont get me wrong, when russell is on point he a beast
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (Name the player)
    Big Cuz
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    Curry is cooking tho. Top 5 imo.
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As of right now this season....Marc Gasol.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its great to see Curry emerge as a star. Coming out of college many "experts" and fans alike thought he wasn't going to make it.

Too skinny, not hyper athletic like his peers and believing he'll only be a spot up shooter.

he completely proved everybody wrong plus he got over those injuries.

We already know AD is beast and will only get better. You can't go wrong with either one
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    AD is an animal.

Problem is Monty Williams is a ? ? .

I hate saying that about a Black coach but its true.

His offensive sets are horrible and the don't run the office through AD.

N.O. got good enough personnel to get in the playoffs as a lower 6-8 seed in the West but unfortunately Monty is coaching them.