Carmelo Anthony: ‘It Was A Perfect Setup And Perfect Fit For Me In Chicago’

Options

Comments

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 million... nah you gotta take that. As a man you gotta make that hard decision and go with the money even though as a hooper you want that ring more than anything else. One day he'll become a ring chaser and get one.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ Premier from New York too
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem ain't with him wanting his money, the problem is with him putting up that big ass pouting front in the middle of games and in the media last season like his #1 priority goal going into free agency was all about positioning himself to win a championship.

Yup
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 million... nah you gotta take that. As a man you gotta make that hard decision and go with the money even though as a hooper you want that ring more than anything else. One day he'll become a ring chaser and get one.

As a man? No as a man you wanna be known for winning titles or at least being good in the postseason. For any average ? like us i would say take the money. But as an athlete i would say take the rings. Tim Duncan Dirk and other ? turned down money. Jordan never got paid close to what these ? made and even in his day other stars without rings got hella more money than he did.

Twitter/Cable News/ other media outlets are brutal on these ? that don't have rings. If i have already been racking up paper for over a decade on Mello's level why do i need 50 mill?

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money>>>>Rings. A championship is nice, but you just a ? playing ball to these white people. Might as well make as much as you can from them.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm cool with Carmelo not signing here, we got more depth, youth, & talent. All they gotta' do is stay healthy
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

As a man? No as a man you wanna be known for winning titles or at least being good in the postseason. For any average ? like us i would say take the money. But as an athlete i would say take the rings. Tim Duncan Dirk and other ? turned down money. Jordan never got paid close to what these ? made and even in his day other stars without rings got hella more money than he did.

Twitter/Cable News/ other media outlets are brutal on these ? that don't have rings. If i have already been racking up paper for over a decade on Mello's level why do i need 50 mill?

u lookin at how others would perceive melo, im sure that as long as he's content and providing for his family and knows he putting forth his best effort to win, he could give a ? wat another person in the media/blog/faceless munkee on twitter got to say about him.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    my kids and grandkids being set counts more to me
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and if its true he moved from ny when he was 8 then that ? from baltimore lol, it aint where u born its where u raised
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Money for me and my fam>>>>>>>>Twitter/media outlets brutality

so Mello doesn't have enough money for his fam already and his business ventures he will have after baksetball wont? Again i said im not knocking an average joe or even a role player for taking money. But Mello makes enough off endorsements alone to have money for 3 generations. His fam was set before the 50 mill.

• 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^
    I understand what you saying Bruh, but you can't blame that man for taking the money. Career ending Injuries do happen, Oden, Roy, etc. I'mma Bulls fan, I never was salty he ain't sign here, the bread wasn't right for him, plus this might be Melo last big contract
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would take the money too but he could blow tge money like most black athletes so there is no guarantee his fam will be set for anything.Let's not act like that is his mentality.I just don't want to hear him crying like last season when the Knicks continue to stink.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This rings vs money debate is dumb.

There are a lot of bums with rings and a lot of rich nobodies. Carmelo doesn't fall into either category because he isn't a ? and he's a certified celebrity/superstar.

He has every right to get as much money as he wants but let's not kid ourselves, he could never pick up a ball again and his grandchildren would be set for life. Put that into perspective next time you rationalize that he did it to "support his family".

Maybe basketball really isn't that important to him but I guarantee as much money as Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller have, they would sacrifice a fraction of it if it meant going back in time and winning just one chip.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    The problem ain't with him wanting his money, the problem is with him putting up that big ass pouting front in the middle of games and in the media last season like his #1 priority goal going into free agency was all about positioning himself to win a championship.

Cosign.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are we even talking bout this? He made his decision move on ......ain't nobody over on this side talking or thinking bout Melo anymore
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Btw as the knicks continue to lose games Melo will start sitting out more and more w " injuries"
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Btw as the knicks continue to lose games Melo will start sitting out more and more w " injuries"

As long as we get Jhalil Okafor I'm cool with it
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a Bulls fan i didn't even want his ball hoggin ass on the team.

He better just pray he makes the playoffs
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this ? from Baltimore

Said on here before, a good amount of ? from Baltimore nd its surrounding areas dont ? wit him as heavy as they used to cuz of how he completely disregarded comin up in da 410 soon as he hit da Knicks
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    I remember when NBA street Homecourt came out and melo's storyline was about being from B-More and included his own voiceover ? and a custom court from B-More. So regardless of when he moved to New York he clearly disowned Baltimore to dickride new york.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carmelo is a ? ass ? and he already missed his best chance at a ring with that Nuggets team he took to the WCF.

IMO, that team was not built to win a 'ship. He had some decent pieces, but the inside (4's & 5's) couldn't/didn't match up well against it's comp.

I salute Melo for bringin' that franchise back from the dead. Denver wasn't worth two scoops of ? before/when he got there. That late 2000 team got all it squeeze out of it.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Him not coming to Chicago was a blessing in disguise