Carmelo Anthony: ‘It Was A Perfect Setup And Perfect Fit For Me In Chicago’

13»

Comments

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imma. Laugh if lala divorce him and take half
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ? can play basketball but he not going to LEAD a team to a championship.

From some b-more ? I know they say that ? not even from b-more they say he from the county.

Melo is a lost soul!!!
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this ? was short-sighted and just goes to show he don't believe in himself. lets not act like that was the last chance he'd ever have to make another $50M - winning rings contributes exponential amounts of revenue opportunities through either his next free agency or endorsements (where the real money is at anyway).

Look at it like Mark Zuckerberg (who at 30 is the 2nd youngest self-made billionaire in the world) this dude turned down an offer to sell his company early on to Yahoo! for $1 billion in cash and nowadays Facebook is worth more than $18 billion in assets.

when you're put in a position to succeed think bigger than the short term cash opportunities and believe in yourself - there is more to achieve in life than money because a legacy is forever.. aspire to more first and then watch your money grow beyond your wildest dreams.
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    These ? ? me when it comes to being a FA just tell the truth it WAS about the money cuz if Melo and other dudes were REALLY serious about getting a ring they would go where they have the best chance to win one, Melo knew damn well he wasn't gonna win a ring with the Knicks this year, next year, or the year after.

He has money and Lala has money so it aint like the 50 million was gonna make or break him or have him homeless he just wanted that extra 50 mil and i aint mad at him but you made your decision now accept you have a extra 50 mil, your team is garbage, and you aint neva eva eva eva going to win a ring with them.And with the knicks being 5-22 NOW you thinking Chicago was a perfect setup and perfect fit for you then you shoulda took your ? there FOH!
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These ? ? me when it comes to being a FA just tell the truth it WAS about the money cuz if Melo and other dudes were REALLY serious about getting a ring they would go where they have the best chance to win one, Melo knew damn well he wasn't gonna win a ring with the Knicks this year, next year, or the year after.

He has money and Lala has money so it aint like the 50 million was gonna make or break him or have him homeless he just wanted that extra 50 mil and i aint mad at him but you made your decision now accept you have a extra 50 mil, your team is garbage, and you aint neva eva eva eva going to win a ring with them.And with the knicks being 5-22 NOW you thinking Chicago was a perfect setup and perfect fit for you then you shoulda took your ? there FOH!

Them 50 cent movies ain't doing enough to say that lol.

But for real it actually worked out better for the Bulls cause it allowed them to build depth and likely would've cost them Jimmy Butler or Taj Gibson.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This rings vs money debate is dumb.

There are a lot of bums with rings and a lot of rich nobodies. Carmelo doesn't fall into either category because he isn't a ? and he's a certified celebrity/superstar.

He has every right to get as much money as he wants but let's not kid ourselves, he could never pick up a ball again and his grandchildren would be set for life. Put that into perspective next time you rationalize that he did it to "support his family".

Maybe basketball really isn't that important to him but I guarantee as much money as Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller have, they would sacrifice a fraction of it if it meant going back in time and winning just one chip.

Cosigned

Melo is already rich. Plus winning chips would have provided him with MORE ENDORSMENTS = gaining more money in the long term.

Example = MICHEAL JORDAN. Look at all out of basketball money he is still gaining because he got him some rings.

but hey to each his own.

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This rings vs money debate is dumb.

There are a lot of bums with rings and a lot of rich nobodies. Carmelo doesn't fall into either category because he isn't a ? and he's a certified celebrity/superstar.

He has every right to get as much money as he wants but let's not kid ourselves, he could never pick up a ball again and his grandchildren would be set for life. Put that into perspective next time you rationalize that he did it to "support his family".

Maybe basketball really isn't that important to him but I guarantee as much money as Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller have, they would sacrifice a fraction of it if it meant going back in time and winning just one chip.

Cosigned

Melo is already rich. Plus winning chips would have provided him with MORE ENDORSMENTS = gaining more money in the long term.

Example = MICHEAL JORDAN. Look at all out of basketball money he is still gaining because he got him some rings.

but hey to each his own.

im glad people using logic have arrived to the thread i was trina tell ? ? like this bout a month ago (month ago).

Melo knew damn well the triangle offense was not going to suit him but he knew he wanted to get paid.

People are in awe of the triangle offense like its such a great system to win titles. Spoiler alert the triangle offense looked good with kobe shaq jordan and pippen because it was being ran by kobe shaq jordan and pippen. outside of them it took role players that bought into the system as well. Melo only buys into himself and his false sense that he actually is a "businessman".

? give me 50 million bucks and i will be just as good if not a better businessman than Melo.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    The whole thing for me is that he ADMITTED that he would've been better off in Chi-Town as a player and for his career, yet he took the money anyway, and now the Knicks are right back to being a disgrace.

That's the off-putting thing here that stands out to me. He KNEW he'd be in better shape to improve his legacy and POST retirement dollars so his family could eat for generations, yet he took the short view. That's what I can't respect. (Not that he needs mine or anyone else's respect, but just saying)

Besides, that $125M contract won't guarantee anybody anything past maybe his kids....MAYBE. 1st off, he's in NY. Taxes alone goin knock that ? down to about $75-80M. Add to that whatever lifestyle they may have, all the other hanger-on muthafuckas, and kids expenses and well....we'll just say this: A.I. made three times as much during his career, and Antoine Walker made upwards of about $100M during his, too. Now they both financially ? up, with seemingly no back-up plan to show for it.

Point is: when you get rings, ESPECIALLY as a center piece, you ALWAYS have a fall-back for 20-30 years after you hang 'em up, whether it's in the form of endorsements, front-office jobs, or whatever. All of you saying get his money now are the ones not really thinking about the future.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad he didn't come to Chicago. Keep yo no pass button ass in NY

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thing for the Bulls was not landing Carmelo.

he's a really good individual player but he doesn't make anyone around him better at all. Bulls offense would have just been standing around watching him hold the ball for 5 seconds before he starts to dribble then take some off-balance shot. his style of play is good if you want to put up individual numbers but it's not for team basketball at all.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Money now > Money in the future do y'all really need that lesson smh.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He gonna be like 37-38 years old coming off the bench for Golden State tryna get that first ring before he hangs up his Team Jordan's.