Right or Nah?Black Friday Shopper Exits The Store & Refuses To Show Receipt Police Officers

Options
MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would have just showed the receipt and kept moving, I ain't got time for that, seems he wanted to prove a point though.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Homeboy was doing a lil too much
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait why was the police called?
  • BoldChild
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »
    Wait why was the police called?

I've never shopped on Black Friday, but maybe they were already there to keep the peace? Since they were probably expecting swarms of people to be coming through as soon as the doors opened.
  • MasterJayN100
    Options
    thats why i stopped going to black friday door busters.? that ?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude's an ? .

First off wasn't a boycott declared for Black Friday? So don't take your happy go lucky discount hunting ass to Walmart and then when police show up act like you down with the cause.

Second, if Walmart say that they think you might be stealing, police have a right to check your receipt. If you payed for all your stuff, then just show your receipt to prove that you paid for all your stuff--that's the purpose of the receipt. Police coulda really pressed the issue and detained him and then charged him with some dumb ? like obstructing justice or interfering with an investigation for not showing the receipt. The video would've worked against dude.

But on the other hand it's good to see police starting to feel less comfortable with using force on Black people.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meanwhile 5 shoplifters ran out with merchandise.....

This ? ventured into ego tripping on both ends.

Regardless, ? that. If I had to go through all of that, I would have showed the cops the receipt, then taken my receipt, went to customer service, and returned that ? . ? patronizing a store spending money for all of that hassle and mistrust.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Regardless, ? that. If I had to go through all of that, I would have showed the cops the receipt, then taken my receipt, went to customer service, and returned that ? . ? patronizing a store spending money for all of that hassle and mistrust.

Best answer I seen so far.......

I wonder how them cats know each other?? And at Wal-Mart and other stores, they ask to show the receipt because they wanna use a marker to mark it and even look whats on it and look in your buggy, that way if a customer uses an old receipt, they can come back and steal stuff. I didn't see the problem this time and wouldn't have made a big issue out of this....
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right.

You don't have to show them ? , If they want to waste time reviewing security cameras and getting sued to find out you didn't steal something and making false accusations, then ? 'em.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »

Best answer I seen so far.......

I wonder how them cats know each other?? And at Wal-Mart and other stores, they ask to show the receipt because they wanna use a marker to mark it and even look whats on it and look in your buggy, that way if a customer uses an old receipt, they can come back and steal stuff. I didn't see the problem this time and wouldn't have made a big issue out of this....

grinch-smile-o.gif
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just show him the receipt and get on with your night
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Blacks are the only race on the planet asked to comply with injustice done to them at all levels. Even ignorant ass blacks are quick to say, "we need to teach our kids to not get an attitude with police." But really it's the police who get attitudes with us.

Meanwhile crackers in open carry states are applauded by other whites when they confront officers and record confrontations with officers who are called to the scene because they're walking down the street with AK-47s. All the ? say, "that's right buddy you tell em!"

2. That cop was VERY patient. At some point even I was thinking, "just punch this ? in the face and check his pockets..." but my blackness kicked in.

3. And @Stiff‌ is right. If you that down for the cause your black ass wouldn't have been shopping anyway yesterday.

4. The cop had no right or reason to check his ID. If he had ID would that mean he didn't steal? That said, I think a business has every right to check a receipt since it's so easy to shoplift in those big stores like that. They mark the receipt so you dont use an old one I think.

5. I honestly believe most of these types of encounters go from "just doing my job" + "just standing up for myself" to "Lets see who has the bigger ego" + "Im not taking lip from no ? " situations.

6. This reminds me of the article I read long ago where a white man was talking about how he and his black friends used to walk into a store. And knowing that the employees would racially profile his black friends in the store he'd use them as a distraction to shoplift and they'd all get big come ups from it.

Wal*Mart lost about 5 million dollars while they was trying to harass that man LOL
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's Walmart policy to check receipts for items not in bags ........ Dude knew what it was ....... he done had run in with those cops so much that they knew his name already
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Here is article that was written about a very similar incident.

http://consumer-law.lawyers.com/are-receipt-checks-at-stores-worth-the-hassle.html
    Can You Be Stopped?

Remember, you can ignore the request for receipt and keep moving. However, if the greeter, guard, or store security has a good reason to think you're shoplifting, you can be held or detained until the matter is cleared up? You're thinking Fourth Amendment or false imprisonment, right?

They probably don't apply:

The Fourth Amendment only applies to police officers and other state actors. It doesn't apply to private citizens, like store owners and greeters
    If the receipt-checker is a police officer, you can be detained and forced to show a receipt, and even arrested, if the officer has probable cause to believe you committed a crime
    In most states, if store workers or store security personnel have a reasonable belief that a customer is shoplifting, they may detain the shopper, ask questions and search their belongings without fear of facing a lawsuit for false imprisonment

Of course, the facts and circumstances of each case is different, as are the false arrest laws in each state, but those are good general guidelines.
  • MasterJayN100
    Options
    Dude knew his rights though but heres another video that back up the previous video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCZB-k4jKBc
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^
    That ? them Moors be talking don't work. They end up having to pay their tickets like everybody else
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    He could've showed the receipt and kept it moving

I'm sick of pigs thinking they can do what they want though.