Rupert Murdoch Defends Exodus Movie Cast: ‘Since When Are Egyptians Not White?

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
mediaite.com/tv/rupert-murdoch-defends-exodus-cast-since-when-are-egyptians-not-white/
Rupert Murdoch Defends Exodus Cast: ‘Since When Are Egyptians Not White?’

Media mogul Rupert Murdoch took to Twitter on Friday evening to defend blockbuster film Exodus: Gods and Kings from critics who believe the all-white cast is offensive and inaccurate.

Egyptians are whites who “treated blacks as slaves,” the News Corp. CEO wrote of the Ridley Scott film that cast Christian Bale as Moses and Joel Edgerton as Pharoah.

Several critics have bashed the film for its casting decisions, and has drawn the ire of many on Twitter, who have begun calling for a boycott of the “racist” film.

Comments

• huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he should check what people who are from upper egypt look like
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pico wrote: »
    Smh I'm not supporting that ? movie. They made all the black actors slaves and villains. The director said his stars are white cause that's the only way he would've gotten funding for it but that's a crock of ? too cause he directed American Gangster and that was majority full black cast.

Blatant racism.

I cosign this queen only thing is they had a hard time getting funding and making American Gangster and Russell Crow and Denzel were in it
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember white people were ? up a storm when Donald Glover tried to be Spiderman and that ? ain't even real

That new anne or what ever the ? movie coming out has a lil black girl playing her.

Good film.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and ? kevin hart.Never again will i support any of his movies.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Water wrote: »
    KingSimba wrote: »
    A bunch of white people went on a racist tirade when Rue was cast as a black girl in the Hunger Games....a fictional film.....

They don't want to see anyone but themselves in roles that display some form of power....

the only exception is when the role requires some kind involvement on illegal activity or negative stereotypes....then its ok.....

F**k Hollywood bruh....

Rue and Thresh were actually black in the book too. White people just can't read.

I know bruh. The whole issue they had was a testament to their unwillingness to face facts because of their blind white supremacist mindset.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These studios are looking to make money not be historically accurate. All sorts of movies made by Hollywood are historically inaccurate in one way or another.

A ? like me ain't even sure Moses existed in the first place. But in the narrative that will make them the most money then he has to be white.

I have no interest in this movie i don't care the race of the actors
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingSimba wrote: »
    As many hood movies as we have, why haven't we made our own film about Egypt yet? Or is there one that I just haven't heard about?

IMO, the influence Hollywood has over the masses is know by those in the industry. They seem to shy away from portraying the Historical excellence of AA, and only show the history of slavery or the civil rights era.

I think a historically accurate movie about Egypt with a black cast would rouse that inquisitive spirit that they fought to subdue for so long. Those of use who are studied know the truth....but they don't want it to be widespread knowledge. So its never gonna happen....

Well to make the movie worth a ? it would need significant funding. None of the major Jew-dios are going to get behind it, so it would have to have the support of someone like Oprah or Tyler Perry. I think it could happen, but it could also backfire to where we end up with "Madea Goes to Egypt" smh.

I think Oprah would have to be the one. Tyler Perry....nah
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and ? kevin hart.Never again will i support any of his movies.

why ?
    What brave soul is gonna make the Nat Turner epoch?

BRUH...I've been waiting for this ? . I'd go tot see it without even seeing the trailer to be honest. All i need to see is the name and I'm there. Popcorn and all no bathroom breaks.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody seen that new James Brown flick?

I read Spike was keen to make it. But somehow he got out of it and the guy who directed The Help who's White took charge. ..

A James Brown biopic with a PG13 rating? SMH