What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

T.Y. (BG Son) - Son Of A Gangsta Mixtape

Replies

• genocidecuttergenocidecutter ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope tape
    Gives us back images in sigs
    jee504
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum Intelligent_Hoodlum ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jee504 wrote: »
    If anything TY does sound like BG but his flow is much slower like how BG got more slower in the recent years.
    BG's earlier flow was much more polished than what TY's is now. Hopefully over time he can grasp that.
    I also don't knock what he did with the mixtape as far as the beats and the hooks. I just look at it like paying homage. The question is after this what type of sound will he have.

Foreal its wild how much nicer B.G. was when he was younger
    sad to say it but he was a better rapper when he was on dat 'boi"
    "True Story" technically a duo album but everything he was droppin from Chopper City
    all the way up to Chopper City In The Ghetto was a classic. Checkmate was cool
    but after that he start goin downhill imo even though i fucks with his music after Cash Money...
    like you said he start flowin slower and he aint have that drive no more, young B.G. was a spitter tho
    jee504
    The beat from Respect My Mind comes from Juvenile's Soulja Rags Hide Out or Ride Out

damn aint heard that track in a min, that used to be my shit lol
    Lights Off, Mask On Creep Silent
    Life's gone we don't left yo block quiet
    50 G'z on his head, what the fuck did you said?

^ Boosie had flipped that line
    jee504
  • jee504jee504 ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    B.D.P. wrote: »
    If anything TY does sound like BG but his flow is much slower like how BG got more slower in the recent years.
    BG's earlier flow was much more polished than what TY's is now. Hopefully over time he can grasp that.
    I also don't knock what he did with the mixtape as far as the beats and the hooks. I just look at it like paying homage. The question is after this what type of sound will he have.

"True Story" technically a duo album but everything he was droppin from Chopper City
    but after that he start goin downhill imo even though i fucks with his music after Cash Money...
    like you said he start flowin slower and he aint have that drive no more, young B.G. was a spitter tho

And BG was featured on a lot of UNLV's albums too.
    Sad to say it but I agree he seemed better when he was on that dope. Smh.

I also think its dope that Curren$y put TY on because I never knew of him until he was featured on those mixtapes a few months back. I'll check for dude just off the strength. I think he'll get better.

Intelligent_Hoodlum
    yea that was a trill move by Curren$y
    T.Y. got potential, this mixtape was solid and lil bruh def gone get better with time

who u tellin tho, B.G. was slidin shit on "Uptown 4 Life"
    He was the youngest on there but had the best verse on 226

Pocket Full Of Furl
    Black Connection 226

jee504
  • MR.CJMR.CJ ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »

This song is dope

He is not as lyrical as his father when he was his age but he young & have time to grow

I only heard this song tho. I'm finna check his tape out

Dope
    jee504
    T.Y. feat. Roddy - Rasta Music

^^^ gonna make me go back and watch Baller Blockin
    AggieLean.
  • nawledge_godnawledge_god Lurk And Talk Shit Chiraq RefugeePosts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    T. Sanford wrote: »

This song is dope

He is not as lyrical as his father when he was his age but he young & have time to grow

I only heard this song tho. I'm finna check his tape out

tumblr_m94cqcvGRG1qlbkes.gif

..."You look 'bout ripe for da' pickins' pleighboi."...

Starship God Disapproves

screen-shot-2015-02-11-at-11-59-42-am.jpg?w=300&h=300

• mc317mc317 Chief Of Goddamn Station Dark Side of The MoonPosts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1800 furl
    Cold Sardines Cold Sardines fuck em and feed em Cold Sardines
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raw rape
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • jonojono Right fist = power, left fist = unity Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm tape my bad
    @SoulTrain4 *FMOT*

For blogs on hip-hop & entertainment:
    http://www.shobizcentral.wordpress.com

For blogs on politics and other things:
    http://www.jonoaries.blogspot.com

All blog written by me. If you like what I post on here you should dig the blogs too. I also accept suggestions on blog topics, so feel free to suggest things and also if you are a reader tell others, spread the word. I'll try not to be so lazy and actualy get some writing done.
  • antoseegantoseeg ✭✭✭ Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

The reason he sounds better when he was younger is because he wasn't writing his own rhymes yet. Baby signed him when he was 12. He was doing the UNLV stuff when he was 13 and 14, and Chopper City dropped when he was 15.
  • tharealest561tharealest561 ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T.Y. is solid. That Son Of A Gangsta Vol. 2 should be dropping sometime this year.

I fucks with homies music.
    C-Murder x Boosie Bad Azz NEW ALBUM "Penitentiary Chances" April 15, 2016
    jee504
  • your flynessyour flyness ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

And BG was featured on a lot of UNLV's albums too.
    Sad to say it but I agree he seemed better when he was on that dope. Smh.

I also think its dope that Curren$y put TY on because I never knew of him until he was featured on those mixtapes a few months back. I'll check for dude just off the strength. I think he'll get better.

Just like Mary J. Blige best album was when she was on Coke
    VYRD4.jpg
    Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Round My Way. New track off of Son Of A Gangsta Vol. 2

Intelligent_Hoodlum
    antoseeg wrote: »

The reason he sounds better when he was younger is because he wasn't writing his own rhymes yet. Baby signed him when he was 12. He was doing the UNLV stuff when he was 13 and 14, and Chopper City dropped when he was 15.

Wasnt nobody writing his rhymes, that was all him from the jump since he was going by Lil 'Doogie..
    jee504Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    antoseeg wrote: »

Wasnt nobody writing his rhymes, that was all him from the jump since he was going by Lil 'Doogie..

I agree. For me I believe drugs played a huge factor when he was younger and making music then later on that's when his flow slowed down.
    Yea i heard back in 97' he end up in the hospital for o.d. on that shit
    Thats why he missing from a few tracks on the Hot Boys first album "Get It How U Live"...
    Vol. 2 hopefully is dropping soon

CKJj7KnWwAAmj-z.jpg%2Blarge.jpg
    tharealest561MrCrookedLetterLike WaterIntelligent_Hoodlum
  • tharealest561tharealest561 ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vol. 2 hopefully is dropping soon

CKJj7KnWwAAmj-z.jpg%2Blarge.jpg

Bruh that cover is so MF'n hard...I seen him post that on IG the other day.

Him, Lil Soulja Slim and Young Juve formed a group called Ghetto Children.
    C-Murder x Boosie Bad Azz NEW ALBUM "Penitentiary Chances" April 15, 2016
    jee504
  • ShizlanskyShizlansky ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be kinda disappointed if I made millions and my son was a rapper.

He he's just average. So ain't like he got the gift. He's young but idk.
    (Really though?)
  • Rampage12Rampage12 ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Juvenile, apparently he performed in Little Rock a couple days ago, performed 4 songs and then just bounced. I didn't go because he was charging way too much but that's just what I heard.
  • P. TownP. Town ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I'll be kinda disappointed if I made millions and my son was a rapper.

He he's just average. So ain't like he got the gift. He's young but idk.

You don't know his situation. His dad was a heroin addict who let Baby rip him off and is now serving 14 years in prison. He's not JoJo Simmons.
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    All this talk about y'all mamas being 30s and 40s kinda lowkey turning me on. I want to hit somebody mama off the IC real talk. I'm a fuck around and end up one of y'all niggas stepdad sitting around in a wife beater taking my frustrations with Jay Z out on y'all with a belt.
    Intelligent_Hoodlum
  • Peezy_JenkinsPeezy_Jenkins Sion Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y be disappointed, seem to me like bruh just looked up to his dad, only prollem is bg aint around to directly show him what routes not to take
    Scotty ATL feat. Bankroll Fresh-Thinkin Bout A Check

Nebu Kiniza-Gassed Up

Keef has quotables in the original that your remix isn't fuckin' wit.

Them hoes they do it for Sosa
    Tadoe off the Molly water
    So nigga be cool like water
    Fore you get hit with this lava

Bitch I'm the trending topic
    Don't care no price I'll cop it b
    And yo bitch steady jockin' me

R.D. wrote: »
    You just don't know much about basketball

8357pi1pdpbh.png
    R.D. wrote: »
    And Wall isn't better than Rondo

Even this moody, play when he want Rondo

Give s2j his swag back n let him Mack disabled children in peace, lame ass nigga
    Intelligent_Hoodlum