Man Stopped By Police For Walking With His Hands In His Pockets

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_wLTmnKP5I

An African-American man, out for a walk on a cold Michigan day, was stopped by police after a caller reported that he looked suspicious because he had his hands in his pockets.

Brandon B. Waxx McKean posted video on his Facebook page showing his encounter with a police officer who briefly detained him on Thanksgiving day while he was out for a stroll.

In the video the officer can be seen radioing in, asking dispatch to close out a contact file, before explaining to McKean that he was stopped because he was “making people nervous.”

“Well, you were making people nervous,” the officer explained as he took out his own cellphone and began filming the encounter.

“By walking by?” McKean asked.

“Yeah they said you had your hands in your pockets,” the officer replied.

“Wow,” McKean said. “Walking by, having your hands in your pockets makes people nervous and call the police when it’s snowing outside?” to which the officer admits, “It is.”

Asked by the officer, “What are you up to today?” McKean replied, “Walking, with my hands in my pockets. Walking.”

“Is it an inconvenience talking to me right now?” the officer asked.

“Hell yes. Just because of the whole police situation going on across the country,” an animated McKean replied. “This is outrageous that you would let somebody tell you ‘Oh, there’s somebody walking down the street with their hands in their pockets.’ There’s ten thousand people in Pontiac right now with their hands in their pockets, so how many —”

The police officer agreed saying, “That’s right, but we do have a lot of robberies, so I’m just checking on you. You’re fine, you’re good.”

McKean pointed out that both he and the officer were both being “respectable” — at which point the officer high-fives him — before adding, “I’m really mad at the situation, whoever called. That’s crazy.”

The officer replied that he had to check it out, adding that he would do the same thing if McKean had called.

McKean can be heard saying, “For sure, but I never called–” as the video ends.

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So our hands should be up the cops wives ? ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats how dumb and ignorant these cacs are I cant tell you how many suspicious activity calls we recieved from people calin on their own ? neighbors... sitting in their car
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man that black fear is real, they so scared that we'll overtake them.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's "? SEASON"!
    tumblr_m8ecxcEaUQ1r9epbqo1_500.gif
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its ? up how this type of ? isn't shocking anymore. Just another day in the life of a black man. I can still remember the first time I got stopped by a cop for looking too suspicious. Its like a ? in a hoody just makes caucasians that much more nervous lol smh.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at the CraKKKa trying 2 give him daps.Homie shud have cut that piggs arm off
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    after a caller reported that he looked suspicious because he had his hands in his pockets.

Why the ? are people calling the cops without sufficient proof of anything wrong being done ?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    after a caller reported that he looked suspicious because he had his hands in his pockets.

Why the ? are people calling the cops without sufficient proof of anything being done wrong?

I'm starting to think that white people are doing it in hopes that it'll result in another black person getting killed.

Just like with that 12yr old who got killed after someone called 911 about him walking around with a fake gun.

If he knew the gun was fake, what was the purpose of calling 911?

They wanna see if they can get black people killed without doing the actual killing themselves and, unfortunately....they can.

That's the only thing that makes sense.

Hard to believe so many white people are "genuinely" that scared of us.

Then again, these are white people, so I suppose it shouldn't be that surprising.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like the way dude handled it but I wouldn't have gave that cracka no type of high five. for some reason that ? ? me off

Seems belittling like patting a child on the head or giving fido a scooby snack
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »

Why the ? are people calling the cops without sufficient proof of anything being done wrong?

Cracka was you born yesterday
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    It's "? SEASON"!
    tumblr_m8ecxcEaUQ1r9epbqo1_500.gif

black on black crime season
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...I don't understand why any white American feels the need to call police every time a black person surfaces...
    Africans didn't enslave, ? and drag white people over onto this soil...Technically every time a black American sees a white person, we should be the ones crossing the streets and running for our lives...I've been a victim of police harassment and haven't once been charged with anything...

Every other day there's new video surfacing of police harassment and no one with power acknowledges the pattern. Instead of letting it happen we need to complain and write letters to the proper sources. Situations like these are disgusting. Got me in titangraph mode.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's what TRUE white guilt is. Not all that other ? that conservatives try to accuse liberals of. That's what's been driving their terrorist actions since right after the end of slavery.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, it's about time I pack up and leave this ? debt enslaving, racial profiling country.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    More white people died in the United States last year than were born, a surprising slump coming more than a decade before the Census Bureau says that the ranks of white Americans will likely drop with every passing year.
    w-Census_whites13.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/white-deaths-outnumber-births-for-first-time/2013/06/13/3bb1017c-d388-11e2-a73e-826d299ff459_story.html

That's the point of the entertainment industry pushing post-apocalyptic films, games, t.v shows, etc where they are "outnumbered by others" and have to "fight for survival." It reinforces the paranoia we're currently seeing.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Messed up........

That cop probably was using that ? software recognition junk when he pulled out his phone. I wouldn't even doubt if there was no call that pig just wanted to "check on" that guy walking down the street...
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the hi 5 was going to be a set up for an assault charge
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »
    Messed up........

That cop probably was using that ? software recognition junk when he pulled out his phone. I wouldn't even doubt if there was no call that pig just wanted to "check on" that guy walking down the street...

Probably.We had a remass for my cousin funeral over the summer and some cops show up talking about someone called about a disturbance.? cause no music was being played and we were in a private hall isolated.They just saw blacks standing out front and decided to be nosy.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »
    I wouldn't even doubt if there was no call that pig just wanted to "check on" that guy walking down the street...

That's exactly what I was thinking...buddy didn't want to look like he was profiling so he was just faking that response on his radio