Is Cena's time up?? (no 3 min warning)

Options
KillaCham
KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
edited August 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
Randy Orton has obviously been getting bigger and bigger pops, maybe even on the level of Mr.WWE himself. Orton is getting extremly popular for some reason (he isn't exactly great in the ring or on the mic) as he was the #1 worldwide trending topic on Twitter for hours yesterday for........no reason.

So I was wondering, is Cena's time as the face of WWE up? Will Orton take his spot? Whatcha thank?

Comments

• the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yea make him heel and make orton the anti-hero poster boy everybody wants. orton got him in ring skills and mic skills (but that doesn't say much)
  • thefocusman2
    thefocusman2 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    it would make sense to do the double turn (like Austin and Hart), but they won't do it. They make too much money off of him as a face and Orton can't do the same. He'll stay a face with the same stale ass character.
  • ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited July 2010
    Options
    that ? cracks me up the fans just want orton to give a sign that he love them there go nuts haha
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Theres no need to turn Cena heel. He makes WWE WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much $ as a face. I dont see the point. We all know how corny his gimmick is, but it works for hom. As for Orton?? he's fine the way he is
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yea its time for him to turn heel or start bacc rappin, that ? is just to corny...

orton is basically cena when he was rappin....

orton=the anti hero type who becomes respected

cena=corny typical hero in the mold of hulk hogan...
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeah it's randy's time I believe cena been in the spotlight too long now time to give it up
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Cena's time was finished after that triple threat match @ wrestlemania wit Show and Edge. Randy Orton is that ? plain and simple. The ultimate anti hero
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Decided to check-in on this Thread a year later and as of the moment..

-HHH is in charge of D2D Ops
    -Cena got drafted to SD then back 2 RAW in the same night
    -Randy Orton is on SD (Still hearing "Voices")
    -Cena has been fired and rehired x2 this year
    -CM Punk is as he calls it the "Unemployed WWE Champion" and "Over" as hell!!!

And the poll asks is it time for a heel turn...In my Lil Scrappy Voice!
    "It's Time!"
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    that double drafting ? got me sooooooooooooooo irked
  • vageneral08
    edited July 2011
    Options
    m. inferno wrote: »
    that double drafting ? got me sooooooooooooooo irked

I mean lets be real raw and smackdown need a leader in both shows so it wouldnt have been fair if smackdown had cena and orton because nobody would be on raw
  • northwest443
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I mean lets be real raw and smackdown need a leader in both shows so it wouldnt have been fair if smackdown had cena and orton because nobody would be on raw

True, but something could have been done to have both on SD for a little while, or if not both than Cena to SD would have been fine with me.

What RAW needed at that time was something fresh and they had nothing but the same BS.

When was the last time Cena actually competed for the World Heavyweight Championship on SmackDown. (WM XXV in '09)

And even then they moved the title to RAW just because Cena won it, which was also BS.

John Cena has not been an "Official" member of the SD roster since '05
  • vageneral08
    edited July 2011
    Options
    True, but something could have been done to have both on SD for a little while, or if not both than Cena to SD would have been fine with me.

What RAW needed at that time was something fresh and they had nothing but the same BS.

When was the last time Cena actually competed for the World Heavyweight Championship on SmackDown. (WM XXV in '09)

And even then they moved the title to RAW just because Cena won it, which was also BS.

John Cena has not been an "Official" member of the SD roster since '05

But most of the money comes from raw think about....all those special guest host who came on there was on raw right? how many came on smackdown? none lol smackdown will always be 2nd compared to raw so they're gonna have the best on raw which happens to be cena
  • m. inferno
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yeah but having Cena on smackdown would have definitely boosted up the profile of that show
  • vageneral08
    edited July 2011
    Options
    m. inferno wrote: »
    yeah but having Cena on smackdown would have definitely boosted up the profile of that show

of course it would but not with orton also so somebody had to go to raw and cena was the one
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cena time isnt up yet imo sure we hate him but them kids love him
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cenas time won't be up for a while. He's the new hogan/rock, not mic or wresting ability wise but popularity wise. He carries the wwe now. Ask any new young generation kid first thought when you hear wwe they'll say Cena more than likely. Orton isnt near Cena status, never will be. He's like the HHH of the E. He'll fall off in the next few years.

Speaking of the draft though, I wasnt surprised when Cena went from RAW to SD! then back to RAW. they did the same ? with HHH a few years back.
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cena's time has been up man. I know the kids love him, but his character is so ? boring and stale and he is not entertaining at all. I just dont get the hype around dude period. I dont get it lol. But he aint going nowhere.
  • m. inferno
    edited July 2011
    Options
    -- Leon Peters sent this in: I thought I'd send along some interesting stats concerning John Cena and the WWE Title. As of today, June 29th, John Cena has spent 1,028 days as WWE Champion. This includes all 9 of Cena's reigns with the Title.

Today is significant because Cena surpasses Pedro Morales who spent 1,027 days as WWE Champion. Cena right now is in the #4 spot for most days spent as WWE Champion behind #3 Bob Backlund, #2 Hulk Hogan and #1 Bruno Sammartino(4,040 days!) This is only for the WWE Title, not the World Heavyweight Title.

If you include Cena's 2 reigns with the World Heavyweight Title, it brings his total days as a WWE World Champion up to 1,133. If Cena can remain WWE Champion until SummerSlam on August 14th he will hit the 1,149 day mark, surpassing Triple H's total days as a WWE World Champion. Triple H's combined 8 WWE Title reigns and 5 World Heavyweight Title reigns come out to 1,148 days as Champion.
  • JUXcaptainHOOK
    JUXcaptainHOOK Members Posts: 406
    edited July 2011
    Options
    as a fan of the wwe back in the 90's and some of the 00's ... Cena is trash... always been trash... CM Punk? wrestlings been wack since like 2004.... the best wrestler they have now is the ? MIZZ and thats not sayin much ......
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Did you really just call Cm Punk trash and the Miz the best wrestler in the wwe?
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    as a fan of the wwe back in the 90's and some of the 00's ... Cena is trash... always been trash... CM Punk? wrestlings been wack since like 2004.... the best wrestler they have now is the ? MIZZ and thats not sayin much ......
    LOL this ? retarted
  • northwest443
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Seriously, you must be smoking some rotten "Blueberry" you even spelled his name wrong! Question? are you even a wrestling fan. I'm not knocking your opinion but dam son, to say the Miz is the best right now and say Punks been wack since '04 is "Ass".
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options

wtf? Miz? are you serious? get the ? outta here.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Really? Really? Really?
    smh.gif&sa=X&ei=kD82Tp2TLMSutwen5-XxDA&ved=0CAUQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGhbHJbMwQGeWuwMdGhOuiCjGtUVw
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    Really? Really? Really?
    smh.gif&sa=X&ei=kD82Tp2TLMSutwen5-XxDA&ved=0CAUQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGhbHJbMwQGeWuwMdGhOuiCjGtUVw